“Okay place.. You get what u pay for” 3 of 5 stars

You added Eilat Princess Hotel to your Saves list
Eilat Princess Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Taba Beach | PO Box 2323, Eilat 88000, Israel   |
Ranked #33 of 64 Hotels in Eilat
“Okay place.. You get what u pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Okay location, stuffy rooms, old interior. Breakfast was pretty good.. It feels like an okay value for money.. Hotels in israel are so pricy and this one was somehow a bit less expensive. The location is difficult if you don't have a car (we did and there was no parking space...) service was okay.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
Ahaus, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Never imagined that a 5 star hotel can be that bad, or why stars doesn't get updated. Was there for a weekend. Outside appearance impressive, than que at checking, but not too much of a problem. Then the shock when entering or room... remember 5 star....., old furniture in not good condition, wourn out, no balcony, no sound proof doors, bathroom also not in best conditions, though clean, but needed to screw the shower together .... Next day we had do not disturb on till 10.00 and then went b to the beach.... No cleaning service when we came back at v15.00 nor b17.00. Not successfully tried calling reception and housekeeping for 15min before decider to go downstairs and v after another 10 min waiting I was told that due to the do not disturb sign the room wasn't made up

I stay in many hotels for businessand even 3 star hotels offer a better service. A bit disappointing for my first b visit to eilat.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Beersheba, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Entering our room we were amazed by the perfect view. As this hotel is outside Eilat, the views from it are just amazing. Fantastic red sea view, with mountains all around it. We got a very big room, very modern. Food was also really good, both in breakfast and in the evening. Front desk was really friendly and helpful for our requests.

The only downside of this hotel is its location, about 5 km south of Eilat. But if you have a car then there is plenty of parking space, and Eilat is a 5 minute drive.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is the most depressing hotel we've ever been to.
Decor is dated, every color has faded. The lobby is huge but empty, it reminds you of a deserted shopping area.
If you open the balcony door/window you will hear conversations of anyone else who is at their balcony. Also, the door offers little soundproofing from the hallway noise.
There was a leakage in the bathroom.
In the evening we had to park at the sidelines of the highway because the parking space got full and became a mess. We later found out that they had more parking space available but needless to say they did not bother to open up.
Breakfast offers a good variety but the food is cheap and tasteless.
The area surrounding the swimming pool is dirty.
The key to our room stopped working an hour before check out time and we had to go back to the reception 3 times to get it fixed. And most of all, you've never seen reception staff as unfriendly and rude as at this hotel.
What a shame, Isrotel!

Room Tip: Definitely don't pay the extra for the upgraded rooms. Their balconies face a public stairway an...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

For starters, the hotel rooms and facilities. Old. So old. Never renovated or updated. No mini bars or hair driers in the room. Day of wedding I lost a button and had to wait half hour to receive a sewing kit. Asked for an iron to iron my dress and was sent to do it myself in a dirty little room off the elevators. Wouldn't have minded except the iron never managed to get got enough to straighten out he wrinkles on my dress. That was day one. Day two, had to work all day. What a mistake. Wifi is 25 NIS for 24 hours. Annoying to pay that in a western country in 2014 but fine. Only the wifi was ridiculously slow and could barely get any work done. Plowed through, enjoyed some nice weather by the pool. Next day was even more stressful work wise and my internet expired mid conference call on webex. Called front desk in a panic to get a new user name and code. They bounced me back and forth between people for TWENTY MINUTES and finally told me I had to come down to the lobby to get the code. I asked why and they said they need a signature. When I said I didn't need to yesterday and besides I can order room service and other services from my room so what's the problem?? They told me I had to physically sign for the 25 NIS ( about 6 dollars) down in the lobby. Fine. Great. That was at 13:00. By the time I finished working and looked at the clock it was 11:30 pm and I was starving. I went down to the lobby and was told I could not order food because the kitchen just closed. I asked if i could order room service. Nope, same kitchen, also closed. Remember the no mini bar thing? I spent a 5 day long weekend at the Princess Hotel in Eilat for the wedding of a friend from France, which took place at the hotel. Wedding guests occupied about one half of the hotel, which is enormous. The hotel is situated at the end of Eilat, in its most remote and secluded corner. I thought that would be a plus, given that I wanted to take it easy and relax. I could not have been more wrong.
For starters, the hotel rooms and facilities. Old. So old. Never renovated or updated. No mini bars or hair driers in the room. Day of wedding I lost a button and had to wait half hour to receive a sewing kit. Asked for an iron to iron my dress and was sent to do it myself in a dirty little room off the elevators. Wouldn't have minded except the iron never managed to get got enough to straighten out he wrinkles on my dress. That was day one. Day two, had to work all day. What a mistake. Wifi is 25 NIS for 24 hours. Annoying to pay that in a western country in 2014 but fine. Only the wifi was ridiculously slow and could barely get any work done. Plowed through, enjoyed some nice weather by the pool. Next day was even more stressful work wise and my internet expired mid conference call on webex. Called front desk in a panic to get a new user name and code. They bounced me back and forth between people for TWENTY MINUTES and finally told me I had to come down to the lobby to get the code. I asked why and they said they need a signature. When I said I didn't need to yesterday and besides I can order room service and other services from my room so what's the problem?? They told me I had to physically sign for the 25 NIS ( about 6 dollars) down in the lobby. Fine. Great. That was at 13:00. By the time I finished working and looked at the clock it was 11:30 pm and I was starving. I went down to the lobby and was told I could not order food because the kitchen had JUST closed 2 minutes ago. I asked if I could order room service. Nope, same kitchen, also closed and the chef had just left. Remember the no mini bar thing? By now on the verge of tears I asked if they could give me ANYTHING to eat they didn't need a chef to prepare, like a piece of fruit or a slice of bread. They just shook their head and turned back to whatever else they were doing. When I asked if there was anything nearby they suggested I take a cab into the city (princess is so far away from the city and the restaurants that a taxi out is 50 NIS each way) - but then they recalled that everything was likely closed so told me that on the plus side, breakfast was only 6 hours away. Incidentally, I'm 5"5 and I weigh 100 lbs. So when I was telling them I was on the verge of passing out because I hadn't eaten all the day, I can assure you they had no cause to think I was exaggerating. Anyways, that's the service at the princess, the seclusion, those are the facilities, and worst of all, those are the service people you will encounter if you make the mistake of staying there. As for having a wedding there, all I can say is, the bartenders were children who did not know water from vodka, took 20 minutes to get a drink, kept running out of clean glasses, ran out of mineral water after the first hour, and oh yes the food was terrible, as in, it smelled and tasted like plane food (same for the hotel breakfasts, which is almost impossible to ruin in an Israeli hotel).
Royal Beach or Hilton for me next time. Save yourselves.

• Stayed February 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located at the most southern point in Israel. A few meters from the Egyptian border. The hotel architecture is very nice, the rooms are nice and comfortable. The view from the rooms gives a glimpse of the red sea and the desert near by. The looby is usualy quiet and in the evening there is live music. Breakfast is a typical israeli hotel servings with a large verity of food that is fresh and tasty. The hotel restaurant is less than average, at the price they charge, you can get a much better meal in the city. There is no night life in the hotel itself. The major problem of this hotel is it location - about 20 minutes from the city of eilat. Public transportation from and to the hotel is occasionally and the hours dose not include the ability to enjoy the night life at the city. You can always order a taxi at a ripoff price. The service at the reception is unfriendly and clumsy. They never heard about a concierge. Bottom line, the hotel may offer a reduced price compaired to the same rated hotels in the hotel area but the need to pay the ripoff taxi price simply makes this hotel a poor choice. For me, this is a bad choice. If the hotel management wants to compete with the large hotels in the hotel area they need to give a decent solution for transportation to and from the hotel and work very hard to improve the service.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Last year at the same time- the last week of December,I wrote an appreciative review of the Princess.I have just returned having spent the last week of 2013 there, and have found the hotel as delightful as ever.Superb location,where the mountain touches the sea,lovely hotel,very good food,excellent staff and very courteous and helpful,and generally a very relaxing holiday. So once again I have nothing but praise for the Princess.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Eilat Princess Hotel? Share your experiences!