“Beautiful location and facilities, pretty poor (but typical) service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Orchid Hotel and Resort Eilat

You added The Orchid Hotel and Resort Eilat to your Saves list
The Orchid Hotel and Resort Eilat
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   South Beach | PO Box 994, Eilat 88000, Israel   |
Ranked #32 of 64 Hotels in Eilat
Rome, Italy
“Beautiful location and facilities, pretty poor (but typical) service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is my hotel of choice in Eilat. The location is beautiful -- secluded from the overbuild Eilat center, closer to the Egypt border with the desert mountains below, and the reefs just across the street. The villas in particular are lovely, with large comfortable beds, good ac units, fridges and even an outdoor private jacuzzi. The setting is very nice -- small bungalows, great gardens, 'resorty' in a good sense of a relaxing escape. Although not cheap, it represents a good value for money, unlike some of the larger, drab concrete hotels in the city.

The staff here are typical for the country -- can be nice, but more often, are prickly, seemingly unconcerned about service, and not willing to correct issues raised to them. If you know this coming in, the service here is average, but if you are coming from the USA or other more service oriented locations, it will require an adjustment. I had issues with getting espresso at breakfast -- was told to go to the bar, at the bar i was told they were closed and that i had to order from my waiter, etc. This in fact happened on two separate visits.

The breakfast is average, was too crowded when I was there, but the staff seemed to try their best to keep it going.

Despite its shortcomings, i love this hotel and will return -- it certainly beats the other large hotels in Eilat, which are expensive and lack character.

Room Tip: I like the villas at the very top - a longer trip to the rooms, but more secluded. If you have young...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at The Orchid Hotel and Resort Eilat, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
I am writing in regard to your recent stay with us here at the Orchid Eilat Hotel.
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Orchid Eilat Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards as in all of Orchid Hotels. I am happy to know that you had a good time and I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our hotel service and location.

I would like to thank you again, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

--------------------------------------

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Wonderful vacation, the hotel built as a resort and not a regular hotel. There is a golf car service that takes you all around the hotel. The kid’s enjoy every minute!! The view from the room of the Red Sea was breathtaking. The pool and the beach were excellent. Excellent service, we enjoined every minute and we highly recommend this excellent hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Shangri-La room, we loved the quit location and not close to pool. The golf car ser...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
lauren z, Manager at The Orchid Hotel and Resort Eilat, responded to this review, August 13, 2013

tlv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

A dream vacation, the hotel is situated on a hillside, overlooking the Gulf of Eilat, stunning scenery, excellent food, and service with a smile. The kids enjoyed from transport through the hotel by golf cars. Highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
lauren z, Manager at The Orchid Hotel and Resort Eilat, responded to this review, August 6, 2013

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

beautiful hotel, thai style ,
rooms (standard and villa) were both clean and well designed..
the pool is amazing..
breakfast is very good and vary!
at the pool side there is some sort of lounges and bed that you can get tanned..
the hotel is right over the sea and there is a beautiful view.. i have been in many hotels at Eilat, but this is defiantly my first place..

• Stayed March 2013

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I had a terrible experience at orchid resort.the room was nit clean,we found spiders,ants and all kind of bugs,when we complained about this thay sent someone to spray the bugs,but because the door is in very bad conditioned and do not reach the floor,the bugs could enter again every time.i tried to cancel the booking few days before arrival,but the reservation manager refused to waive panilty charges.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear,
Your opinion is very important to us and we appreciate for taking your time to write this review.
I was sorry to read that your stay at the Orchid Eilat Hotel was not a good experience. Your comments are being taking serious care of by our staff.

You are more than welcome to contact us in any way you find and give us your full review so we can improve ourselves in the future.
I truly hope that on your next visit to Israel you will choose to stay with us and I kindly ask you to contact us to reassure you that we always strive to deliver a first class product and an extraordinary service.

Spain.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is supposed to be of 4 or 5 star category, and I have no idea why. Yes, the location is wonderful but the rooms themselves could do with a bit of paint and the reception staff could be improved. We had an early start one morning to visit Petra, Jordan and so asked for a breakfast to be packed up for us to eat on the way, given that breakfast is included in the price. On the morning itself, nothing was known about this. Imagine a full morning travelling with children who have had no food... When we complained that evening, rather than being attended to, the staff started arguing amongst themselves to see who was to blame. Eventually we were offered a free buffet dinner. I think the best thing about the staff were the African serving staff in the restaurants who were very polite and efficient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Poor service, security not interested in helping my girlfriend when an Israeli was rude and aggressive to us outside the hotel. Safe and shower in room broken but promptly fixed. Food order completely wrong, drinks came after food. Rude pool attendants. Spa never answers the phone told cannot book treatments in person. Would not stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
lauren z, Manager at The Orchid Hotel and Resort Eilat, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Orchid Eilat.
I would like to thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.
Like the other Orchid Reef Eilat we are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards. Therefore I was very surprised at your experience here.
I deeply apologies for any inconvenience you may had.
I will appreciate if you will contact me directly in order to find a way to solve this issue with you. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you back in the future and assure you be able to enjoy in a spoiled and relaxed atmosphere.

operation manager of Orchid Hotels

Been to The Orchid Hotel and Resort Eilat? Share your experiences!