The Americana was substituted at the last minute by our Tour. We had a room on ground level, which suited us. The restaurant for the breakfast was medium qualityl. However, on our second afternoon, after our tour to Petra, we refreshed ourselves and were going out to eat when my daughter moved her suitcase and a very, very large cockroach scuttled out. We disposed of it and left, shaken. After our return that night, I walked into the bathroom and spied another one perched upon a towel on the floor. Management dispatched someone to dispose of it, and he then sprayed a noxious poison all around. I didn't anticipate the poison fumes and with an expectation of more bugs I asked for anther room. They gave me a key to the room next door, and would not allow us to have a room elsewhere, and they said they would not help us move to any other room. My daughter was very tired and we choose to stay (with nightmares I might add) in our original room, with all the lights on. Further, the front desk then called us the next morning at 10:45 a.m., and said it was past 11:00 a.m and we were late for checkout. We did check out at 11 and I asked the clerk why he called and lied about the time. He shrugged his shoulders and said we needed to check out. I then spoke of the cockroaches, and said we were very unsatisfied about how we could not move to another room further away or on the second floor. He said they offered us a room next door, and I said we felt the adjacent room would have cockroaches too. He "Well, you didn't catch any cockroaches in the room next door, so there were no cockroaches". The "manager" he called was arrogant and rude to me. The tour company refunded us some of the room cost and were very good about it, but hotel management acted like cockroaches in the room was perfectly acceptable. The rudeness of calling our room and lying about it being past checkout was extremely disrespectful. Cockroaches, a mediocre room, and arrogant, disrespectful staff make this a place to avoid, unless, like management, you feel that cockroaches are perfectly acceptable.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.