“superb :-)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 63 hotels in Eilat
Haifa, Israel
“superb :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

greate location and quiet compare to the city center area.
near the Coral Beach nature reserve and plenty of places for water sports and diving. The hotel offers everything you need - comfortable rooms with balconies with a stunning view over the Red Sea and Jordanian mountains, four pools at exactly the right temperature and a variety of sun loungers, mattresses and hammock chairs by the pool, and sun loungers on a beach literally metres away, including free rental of snorkel equipment at the diving centre. around the pool so nice there that it was difficult to move!
certainly we will come back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my 5 year old son and my partner. We had an amazing time. The staff were incredible,especially the pool staff,they went out of their way to interact with the children around the pool,not only did they keep them safe but also entertained them. We visited the sister hotel in Eilat to go see the show 'WOW' and i can honestly say it was by far the best live show i have ever seen,my little boy smiled from ear to ear for the full hour and a half,he laughed so much he grabbed the attention of the audience at one stage. On our last day we went snorkling on the private beach owned by the hotel and my only regret was that we didn't venture there sooner. We stayed in a renovated room,which was very clean and spacious. I cannot say enough good about this place. Will definitely return again :)

• Stayed June 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was a fantastic place to stay for a short get-away-from-it-all break. The location is excellent, out-of-town enough to be quiet, yet a short bus/taxi ride from downtown, and right opposite the Coral Beach nature reserve and plenty of places for water sports and diving. The hotel offers everything you need to switch off from everyday cares - comfortable rooms with balconies with a stunning view over the Red Sea and Jordanian mountains, three pools at exactly the right temperature and a variety of sun loungers, mattresses and hammock chairs by the pool, and sun loungers on a beach literally metres away, including free rental of snorkel equipment at the diving centre. I'm usually not a big fan of lying around by the pool, but here it was so nice there that it was difficult to move! It was amazing to stick your head underwater at the beach and see all kinds of tropical fish swimming about here, at the tip of the coral reef area, and the beach vibe was far more relaxed than in the northern beaches in Eilat. The pool area was very chilled, though I did also take part in a fun 30-minute water-pilates class offered by the hotel. The breakfast was indulgent, living up fully to Israeli hotel standards. Sometimes the service at the front desk was a little slow, but not unreasonably so, and I liked the attitude of the staff, who were friendly, always greeting you with a smile, yet unobtrusive, leaving guests to relax. The property was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

What a shame. The lobby is nice new and renovated. Our rooms were old and there is no Internet anywhere on the premises! I was told to go to the Aroma cafe to login. In terms of decor and Internet this place is stuck in 1975 Indianapolis.

• Stayed August 2013
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was a character building experience being at this hotel. First of all the lobby has the strongest smell of air freshener I have ever experienced. It made me want to vomit. My husband, who usually can't smell anything, said it was giving him a headache. Turns out that they pump the scent out of the a/c unit in the lobby! Thank goodness they don't do that in the rooms and I asked them not to spray any air freshener while we were there. The absolute LONGEST check in of our lives and we have stayed in hotels all over the world. I am not kidding it took over an HOUR to check in. The staff is completely untrained, inefficient and annoying. People pushed their way in front of you and were served before you even though the staff just watched and did not react.

We had asked for two renovated rooms. When I arrived in my room I was not happy at all. Uncomfortable beds with extremely thin and stained bedding. I called for the bedding to be changed. A Russian maid (a lot of the staff are from Eastern European or Russian background) came and changed the bedding to...more thin and stained bedding. The towels were also thin and stained. I was horrified. The only reason I remained here is the location right across from the Coral Reef Beach where I wanted to go early in the morning.

If that were not bad enough, I came back to the room to find about 65 ants crawling all over the bed! I went to speak with the front desk. I got a nice Israeli guy who sent a nice Eastern European trainee to show me a few other rooms. I decided on the one right next to the ant hill. No more ants. Not ants but in their place came stray cats in heat. Every night all night the cats moaned and screamed loudly waking me up. I wish I were kidding.

At breakfast they had a typical Israeli buffet. You must come as soon as it opens however if you want to eat untouched food. Most of the people who come here are middle class Israelis with lots of attractive and spirited children. The children are given lots of love and freedom which is great if you are not in a buffet. If you are going to eat from a buffet the last thing you want to see is a little adorable child sticking their curious hands in the food. Alas, that is what goes on. No one but me seemed to mind.

The rest of the guests likely come for the various attractive pools that the hotel offers. I had no interest in the pools since i was there for the beach across the street. As you may have guessed from this review I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

In the crazy month of August. The hotel was very busy ,the spa closes at 18:00. There is an extra charge for the gym 20 shekels .(per day )
The parking lot is a true challange .( better park outside the hotel parking ).
There is a diving center in the hotel .
The room was clean on the 6 floor you have a great view.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Modiin, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a wonderful long weekend in this hotel. Our room has recently been renovated (probably within the last year or so) and was very nice and clean. The balcony was the right size, and very comfortable, with (somewhat distant) views of the red Sea. The food was great - it varied daily, had a huge variety and the service was adequate.
the swiming pools were nice too - there is a main pool, a smaller, shallower pool - great for kids (I think it had a depth of 140cm - 4ft or so), and a toddlers/babies pool. There are cool double matressess beds around the pool, and even though the hotel was very crouded when we stayed there, we always found a vacant bed in the pool area.
the hotel is located on the south beach, and one needs to cross the street to access to the beach, which is small and nice. Although the south beach area is about 5-10 minutes drive to downtown/hotels area of Eilat, this was no-issue for us, as we really wanted to relax. Also, the Dolphins reef and the underwater observatory is a minute from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Isrotel Yam Suf Hotel? Share your experiences!