“5 stars - but only if you pay for the right rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Herods Palace Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   North Beach, Eilat 88000, Israel   |
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Eilat
Tel Aviv, Israel
“5 stars - but only if you pay for the right rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Overall, this is a great hotel. Considered by many to be one of the best in Eilat. Herod's Palace is the largest of the 3 Herod's and is classified as a 5 star hotel because of the more expensive rooms. There are multiple room categories, and if you stay in the bottom category (which is still damn expensive), your experience will not necessarily be 5 star (but will still be great).
We stayed on a half pension rate. The food was plentiful and amazing - not a single fault there. Couldn't be better.
The pool is great, and the beach access is fantastic.
The room was furnished fantastically and very comfortable. However, it wasn't maintained very well. On entry, we discovered a bathroom door that wouldn't shut. it was promptly repaired. Later, we had problems with the toilet flush not working (simply put - the flush action did nothing). Multiple times we had someone come to 'fix' it - and it stayed fixed for periods. But in the end, whenever a flush was required, I simply left the room, opened the access door from the outside, and used my engineering skills to cause it to flush. This experience is something I'd expect in a 2 star hotel.
As I mentioned - apart from those issues - the hotel was really fantastic.

Room Tip: Better rooms are on the higher levels (but you pay for it)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My wife and I travelled from Canada and stayed at the Herods Eilat in late June. It was first rate. Natural beauty and great sea view from our spacious room. Great breakfasts and relaxing pool and spa. Highly recommended.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Fabulous facility with accommodating staff. The kadim suites & sky lounge are very nice - Splurge if you can. Be aware the pool & beach close early. We cancelled our rooms at the Isorotel Royal Beach to stay here - larger rooms, beautiful balconies with landscaping and less $. So happy we chose the Herrod's Palace!!

Stayed July 2014
Needham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I came to Eilat for a business meeting which I take it is somewhat unusual as everyone else appeared to be on holiday. The hotel is very impressive from the outside as well as the lobby and pool areas. Check in was smooth and I had a nice room on the 9th floor overlooking the pool and Red Sea. The room was large with some type of wooden floor, balcony and fridge. Unfortunately, the wifi (which you have to pay for) was very weak in the room. I could barely get reception. And there is no Ethernet option. So I ended up having to walk to the lobby to get reception. Second, when I opened the balcony, I noticed many small ants coming into the room. So I never went out there again! Third, the bathroom always had a smell to it. Fourth, it doesn't appear that they vacuum or sweep the rooms. After the first day, I put a small piece of tissue on the floor to see if it would be there after they cleaned and it was still there. Lastly, the A/C in my room was weak. I slept with it on high and woke up sweating every morning. My colleagues in other rooms did not have this problem so I guess it depends what room you are in. On the plus side, the food in the restaurants was very good. We arrived late the first night and they kept the restaurant open so we could eat. The buffet breakfast was also very good with a large variety of items available. If you're lucky enough to get someone's attention, they will bring you coffee. In general I would say that service in Israel is non-attentive meaning that people will nod and say yes but then not deliver. One example was calling the front desk for towels and them saying "right away sir" but then nothing shows up. Or sitting at the bar for 10 minutes while two workers are standing at the other end talking to each other before coming over to take your order. This wasn't just at this hotel, but pretty consistent all over Israel. The pool area is quite large and I had no problem finding a chair one afternoon. In the morning, it's nice to walk up and down the promenade in front of the ocean. Getting in/out of the property requires your room key. There is a guard during the day and the back door is locked at night for security. I probably could have asked for another room to solve some of the issues I had but I was gone all day in meetings and couldn't be bothered by the time I got back. Don't get me wrong, I do recommend this hotel. But if you get a room that has issues, ask to be moved.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tiberia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We came to the hotel with our kids we wanted to thank the staff and especially to Nicole she welcome us after a small problem.. Only because of her we disayted to stay at the hotel! Thank you so much we will defiantly return!!

• Stayed July 2014
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here for a romantic weekend get away and was very impressed. Staff were fantastic (some of the nicest check in staff I've come across), facilities were lovely (plenty of pool space, quiet areas for couples, kids areas for kids), room was great (apart from green colored grout?!), nothing bad to say about staying here....

Room Tip: I would ask for as high a room as possible just to ensure the nicest view....
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was for a weekend with my family it was so magical time and an unforgettable experience the service was excellent the food here, I jusst gain a 4 pond. . We will always return to this hotel its like family to us

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Herods Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!