“Paid as a luxury hotel and didnt get anything close to it.” 3 of 5 stars

Herods Palace Hotel
North Beach, Eilat 88000, Israel   |
Ranked #5 of 63 hotels in Eilat
Toronto, Canada
“Paid as a luxury hotel and didnt get anything close to it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels over the last few years i have never been so disappointed.
I will give you a run down.
We arrived and there was no one to greet you as you pulled up. I had to ask fro someone to get my bags and even then it didn't happen. when you pay about 500 dollars per night you expect some service.
Check in, well the lady didn't speak English well. she didn't know what we were asking for and didn't or couldn't provide the simple responses.
Room, well the room was large, we had a suite, but old carpets, ripped and bunging in places. Furniture was old and chipped. We had a jaquizee that didn't shut off when we used it. need to have someone come in a fix it late @ night etc. you get the picture.
We called for a change of room and were shown different rooms both @ this location and the sister location what can i say not a 5 star hotel in the sense of outdated and broken and ripped carpets and furniture etc. At least they tried.
the room service, well she forgot to give us new towels but took the old ones. forgot to finish making the bed.
now for the good.
The beds were great, comfortable and seemed new.
The breakfast was amazing.
The decor in the lobby etc was nice
The last thing no one offered any compensation for our troubles such as broken jaquizi, bad room service or broken furniture.
And yes when we left the hotel we were left to drag our suitcases out by ourselves. all for almost 500 dollars a day.
therefore i rate this hotel terrible value.
I have written over 20 hotel reviews nothing comes as bad as this. not even close.
there are nicer and better hotels in eilat stay away from this one.

Room Tip: use a different hotel

577 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I decided to stay at the Herods Palace hotel in Eilat after review of some other options, we got an amazing suite with a lot of treats and excellent service that started with the parking person to the host at the entrance of the hotel through the reception representative which informed us on the activities at the hotel and beyond. Our stay was HB based so we had the opportunity to enjoy from breakfast and dinner which both was very good. We used the business lounge and the Spa without treatments.
We were very satisfied from our vacation at Herods Palace and we will recommend to our family and friends.

Room Tip: A view of the Gulf of Eilat seems almost from all rooms, upper floors rooms have an amazing view ima...
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Herods Palace has built a name as one of the best Hotels in Eilat under the previous management. The building is still one of a kind and is still in good shape. But the service under the new management of the Fatal Group is a totally different story.
We arrived last weekend for a pleasure stay and picked the Herods for it's reputation of being a pampering hotel. The illusion was over even before we got the key to the room.
The reception clerk was a girl very occupied discussing with a college about being late for her weekend, for the bosses being rude with her, etc. She even did not look at us, did not welcome us, just asked for our reservation.
We asked for access to the bussiness lounge (we mistakingly thought tha it was included in our room price). The answer was No. When we asked to check with her superior, we got the following answer: we will check and call you. This answer will be the highlight of the weekend.
Of course nobody called us back never. On this or any other issue.
To make a long story short: she did not checked if we were interested in the service (even at additional cost), did not explained nothing about the Hotel's facilities, not even where the breakfast was served (and this was an important point as you will see) or at which hours.
The room (we have reserved an upgraded room at extra cost) was really comfortable and nice. But the sea view was "available" only if you went out to the balcony and looked to the side (we were given a room at the end of the corridor looking at ...a wall.
We went down to the reception and asked one of the girls if there is another room available with real sea view. The immediate answer was No. We insisted and asked if she can actually check. She stared at the computer for a second and again the answer was No. And... We will check and call you!
We decided not to ruin our weekend with these issues, so after a while we opened a bottle of wine, but there were not wine glasses in the room. I called the room service and asked for two glasses. What was the answer? You are right: we will call you back! (we ended making a toast with wine in coffee cups!)
The next morning I asked again for the glasses, and I was informed that for bringing the glasses to the room we will be charged a fee. This is service of a five stars hotel...
We went for breakfast to the VIP restaurant (as we discovered while waiting to be seated), according to the upgraded room we had. But the hostess at the entrance told us: you know that only VIP guests have access to this restorant? Letting us feel as intruders and poachers. After we insisted that she has to check if our room number was in the list of VIP guests (as it was) before annoying us with such question, she let us in.
The breakfast was nice (they need urgently someone at the bakery in the kitchen). But we saw no coffe. So we asked the hostess how do we get coffe, and she answered: ask your waiter! The only problem was that the waiters were altogether chatting at one end of the restaurant and until we approached them, they showed no intention of doing nothing.
Towards the end of the breakfast the guy in charge of the restaurant asked us if everything was OK, but did not wait to get an answer.
Before leaving another girl at the reception asked if we have had a good stay. I told her that the hotel was fine, but the service was really bad. What was her answer: fill up a form AND WE WILL CALL YOU!
of course we did not bother filling nothing. We will simply not come back again.

Room Tip: Get a confirmed answer that you get a room with direct sea view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FattalM, General Manager at Herods Palace Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you personally for writing your review.
I can learn a lot from the guests fid backs whether its good or not and try to improve it all the time.
Good and excellent service is our top priority in Herods hotel complex and in “FATAL” hotel chain,
Good service and beyond is the most important issue that help us to maintain our returning guests
And each person who works for us know it as basic .
I spoke with all department’s managers regarding your comments and I can assure you that all
Workers has been questions and clearly to understand what went wrong and why.
I do hope that on your next visit to HERODS hotel you’ll find out that things are getting better
And service is given from the hurt , professional and efficient.
Sincerely yours
Haim Simelmits
Boutique hotel manager
Rishon Lezion, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

18.11.2012
To: Avia Almozlino- regional manager, Eilat. Fattal hotels-Israel
Oshri Derhi- Herods Palace CEO- Eilat.
In the matter: Prpmoting to a higher rank- Herods Palace hotel- Eilat.
appreciation, citation and gratitude.
1. I am, Gal Yehuda, membership in Herods-residence club, number 0491. Recently I have been to Herods-Palace, in Eilat, Israel, on Augost 2012 and on October 2012. Every time I’m coming I discovering this hotel all over again – like I'v never been there. I’m impressed again by this wonderful hotel.
2. The hotel is full with guests, from Israel and all around the all world. I'm speaking with people and asking them if they enjoy their staying. Every time I'm getting amazing responses: the hotel is quiet and peaceful, the courtesy and patience of the employees, the special service to the Guest and especially citation of the cleaning standard which is always improving. Every request always applied quickly and in amazing efficiency.
3. I arrive, usually, with guests from all over Israel, whom I bring together with the marketing department of the hotel. Some of them interesting to join as residence club memberships.
4. In this period of time, I had the chance to stay in one of Isrotel hotels. It was good, but just then you could notice the big differences, in every aspect, between Herods-Palace and the other hotels around him. The attitude, cleaning, service and courtesy of the employees, in Herods Eilat- Boutique and Vitalis, and Herods Palace in particular. They are better, in a few levels, than others- and it's a fact.
5. I would like to mention few employees whose attitude to me and to other guests, as I noticed, was very good- with a lot of patience and courtesy:
A. In the reception- The charming Diana Mardov and Rotem.
B. In the dining room- Nofar Bahat and Dudi Dahan.
C. In the parlor- I will mention in particular, Dudi Dahan, again. And the wonderful parlor manager, whom I can't describe in literal words, Yael Dasta. They are putting so much effort to ensure that every guest, coming to the parlor, will be pleased. Even though, sometimes, guests exaggerate with their wishes, they always get patient and pleasantness reply.
6. I would like to mention, in particular, Residence hotel employees:
A. Marketing department- it is managed by Samuel and his deputy Michael, whom I have seen their devoted and professional job to the guests I am sending them all the time. Samuel- decent and patient man who works always with a big smile. He treats the guests with amazing professionalism as I have seen from the many meetings I took part in. Michael- whom I sending guests who wants to join the member club. And I have seen how he is gathering new friends with courtesy, patience, honesty and integrity. He speaks the truth, very skill and professional. These two employees and the lovely secretary Anais – available at every hour they need to meet with new guests and works day and night with a lot of loyalty.
B. Residence hotel employees- lovely in the way they are working, answering the telephone with patience and courtesy that makes the all difference. The professional Ester Picklis, Victoria Nahmias and Odelia Gerasi. These employees doing their job in integrity, modesty and profession by the inspiration of:
Efrat Asor- The deputy that works in endless integrity and patience. Considering and always trying to help and to succeed to resolve the member's problems, in her special way.
Sigal Edri- The office manager. She is managing this office in her Special way and she is very modest in her own way.
The thing that makes these two so special is the fact they are always checking, in the name of the all office, if the guests that arrived is happy and got the room that satisfied him. It is a healthy and unique approach- allowing the guests to fill at home.
I would like to mention that this office is like a good red wine- as it is gain seniority- it is improving and becoming more efficient.
I hope that the number of workers like these will increase. They are the reason to the reputation this hotel gains.
7. Comparing to other competing hotels in Eilat-Israel this time also I will rank Herods Eilat and especially Herods-Palace in the first and honorable place.

Respectfully
Member no. 0491
Gal Yehuda and Rachel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We returned enjoyable weekend at Harrods Palace great weather warm and cozy hotel is located just have the sea view from the hotel is amazing!! Excellent service! And the rest is very enjoyable experience. I'm sure we return to this hotel. And I highly recommend!

Room Tip: There's no need because all the rooms face the sea and the pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Petah Tiqwa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Two weeks ago we were at Herods Palace Hotel.This hotel is good for 4.5 stars,but 5 stars is not enough.Breakfast and dinner were unforgettable with large selection of food.Very nice outdoor pool.I don't remember any hotel with same outdoor pool.Level of room equipment not excellent. Hotel needing in capital repair.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel is good, but 5 stars should be 5 stars. This ain't. The rooms are large with an interesting style, but again, don't think it will be the lap of luxury. Breakfast was quite good, possibly deserving of 5 stars. Very nice outdoor pool, but crowded, as this hotel generally is huge. Confusing parking - don't park in the lot immediately next door, or you'll get a ticket. Poor English among most of the staff. If this advertised itself as a 4-star hotel, I would give probably give it 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Herods Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!