“Good Experience in Eilat” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #27 of 63 hotels in Eilat
Haifa, Israel
“Good Experience in Eilat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

We just back from a leisure 3 nights vacation.
One of the best times to visit Eilat when you can swim during the day and not to sweat in the evening.
We got an upgrade to Junior suite, go a nice cake for birthday.

In general we got great experience.

Cons.: Need to pay ~13USD per hour for snooker table (should be free for hotel guests) and there are not bathrobes in all rooms (only executives).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

After a long trip with many screw-ups from our travel agent, it was great to have stayed at a quality hotel like the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba. The staff was very accommodating and the rooms were clean. Its in a great location with many shops and restaurants within walking distance. The hotel was beautiful and grandiose. Though I have to say, the food was just okay and the service within the restaurant was less than impressive. This was the only hotel in Israel that I stayed at where there was a significant language barrier between myself (American) and the staff (in the restaurant). I speak some Hebrew so I was able to get around it; it just found it surprising since Hilton is an American company. While in Eilat, we took a trip to Petra, Jordan (a world wonder and the backdrop for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade) which I feel is a must!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Dear Josh Greenberg,

Thank you for your review.

We are dealing with the language barrier issue.

Hope that on your next visit you’ll notice the difference and have the change to enjoy our new guest restaurant Makeda, soon to open in April 2011.

All the best,

Milan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

My friend and I were really excited to visit Israel once again and we had selected different category hotels so as to have a general idea of what was the touristic offer overall. Hilton Queen of Sheba was someway the highlight of the journey as it was the only 5 star hotel we had reserved.

We were thrilled when we checked in but I assume we were the only ones to be ...: porters were not as enthousiastic in welcoming us..to be honest we did not see any of them and porter service was not even mentioned...which I thought quite unusual in a 5 star hotel!!!
I was soon reminded of the miserable service I got when asking for some logistic information before starting my holiday: no one replied to my question about bus or fly schedules from Tel Aviv to Eilat and when someone finally did, it was just after several emails from me and just stating "Sorry, we do not have this information" to which I kindly replied sending the Israeli bus company website link and asking to help me translating it as it seems it requested a little knowldge I had not (Hebrew for instance and knowing which line you are travelling..which I obviously did not know...)

Nonetheless, as I am quite difficult to discourage, I decided to make the most of my stay and I went to the concierge desk that same evening (let's say it was 7 PM) asking to arrange a guide to show us around the following day. I asked specifically to start our tour at 11 AM and be back by 4 PM as we had already reserved some spa treatments we did not want to miss.
Robert was kind enough to arrange everything shortly and he confirmed us the guide/driver would show us around and drive us back by 4 PM. Total price NIS 700- no other ticket or fee to be paid.
Well, the guide was more a driver than a guide and he knew relatively few about the area: we could have got the same info from the glossy brochures we had.
He drove us to Timna Park and asked us to pay NIS 44 each for admission ticket. We paid as we did not wish to argue and ruin our first day of holiday but felt really cheated!
A couple of hours befor 4 PM, we reminded him he had to be back by 4 PM...he said he did not know..no one had never told him...so he sped up the tour and guess what..he did not speed for us not to miss the vital landmarks..no, no!! He was afraid we could not make it to the Eilat Stone Laobratory he wanted to show us.
When we arrived there, a nice lady showed us the production process (took about 5 minutes) and then she showed us the jewelry area...the lab was actually a jewelry and we were supposed to buy something..yet we did not find anything we liked...we said good bye and...it was quite evident the shop lady, her boss and our driver were all extermely disappointed we did not buy anything!

Let me just tell you we had already visited a "Herb farm" along the way where we had bought infusions, teas, beauty products, etc....the Eilat Stone did not just meet our tastes which I am bound to think can happen and it is humanlike!!!!

We finally made it to the hotel and headed for the spa, which is private managed and not owned by Hilton but it is inside Hilton and most clients are obviously Hilton's cllients!
The girl at reception was more focused on clients to pay than to clients ' wellbeing and satisfaction.
I was asked to pay immediately which I did but felt a little unease for a spa in a 5 star hotel. My friend, who reached me later, was told she could pay after the treatment (must be the spa lady trusted us by now as I had paid before and reassured her!) but the moment my friend stepped out the massage and met me at the "relax area" I was asked by the reception lady to inform my friend she had to pay right now as she had not paid in advance... should I omitt I was referred to by my first name " Cristiana, tell your friend she has to pay" Well, we did not know each other so well and after all I was still a Client and expected some formal addressing.
Let me say the bathrobes and towlels they gave us were lousy and the jacuzzi area was cold causing discomfort when getting out of the pool.
Yet if you go there ask for Yelena: she is one of the best masseuse I have never met and her massages are ...heavenly!!!!

I could quote many other failures: waiting a club sandwich 40 min at the pool bar, paying a 24 h connection which does ot reduce hour by hour when you use it but it is on daily base..so you are paying even for not using it (example when you sleep at night) and having to buy as many connections as many pc or devices you have (if you are two and have 2 pc, each pays for his/her pc...nonsense!!) ...just think the B&B where we stayed in Jerusalem offered free connection and we paid € 60 pe night!!! Hilton was by far more expensive.

One morning we had even to wait for breakfast mugs as the only hot beverage station (just 1 person at it by the way...imagine how long the line in front of it each morning!!!) had no more ....

Overall the hotel general experience was not bad..it was just it was not up to a 5 star property and it surely is not offering a 5 star quality service: it is plain staff does not care for clients and the service they are providing, they are just trying to do their job as any other job in the world...which is not really the idea at the base of the hotel industry...

When checking out, I referred my disappointement to the receptionist.
She just nodded in understanding but did not do much..she did not even suggest if I wished to talk to a manager on duty or a supervisor.

My friend says I am too calm and applying a low profile when expressing my comments...well, I have to say I am used to get attention even if I am not shouting and agitating all over but I am starting to think it may not work with Eilat Hilton.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

Megan in the check in did a great job ,very helpful great personality , great room ,very quite ,very good breakfast.we both love the place. when ever we can we will be back .

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Iftlawyer,

Glad to read that you enjoyed your vacation in our property and look forward to having you back.

Feel free to contact me before your next visit.

Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

This hotel i rated as a 4 star hotel but was not as expected. When i have booked at big superior room with sea view. No help from fhe people in the resepsjon they was very arrogant. Have to pay for everything very bad service in the Breakfeast and buffet area.
HAve to pay for everything.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Apollo

Dear Rfranco2,

Sorry to read of such dissatisfaction.

We will of course address the attitude issue immediately.

Additional fees for services are customary at hotels, and are posted on our website.

Sorry to hear of your opinion, hope to get another change it.

Tel Aviv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

My fiance booked a weekend at this hotel as a surprise and I was completely blown away- but then again, I wasn't expecting anything like this hotel.

Although our bathroom was a little small and badly designed (the door literally opened into the toilet) and the bathtub wasn't anywhere near big enough for even a single adult, those were the only negative things I could possibly say about our stay in the Hilton.

The staff were friendly and helpful and there was even an activities consultant armed with myriads of flyers offering exclusive discounts on local activities to the hotel customers- we got to go snorkeling for free through her. The cleaning service was great and the king-size bed was clean and incredibly comfortable.

Every evening we were there, we found an envelope under our door inviting us to eat at either of two wonderful restaurants instead of in the hotel's banquet hall- at no extra fee. Those meals were all-inclusive and would have racked up a bill of about 500 shekels each time- twice at a steakhouse near the deck exit of the hotel and once at the Japanese restaurant on the hotel's twelfth floor with an incredibe harbor view. The breakfasts in the banquet hall were great as well, with lots of gourmet choices (quiches, pastries, salads, cheeses, specialty breads) as well as typical breakfast foods (cereals, pancakes, juices).

While the hotel wasn't actually on the beach, it was within walking distance to the boardwalk and the mall, and with free guest parking in the hotel we rarely had to use (or move) our car. All in all, we had a wonderful stay and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Romantics,

Thank you for the wonderful praise and comments.

Congratulation on your upcoming wedding and don’t forget to book your honeymoon with us.

Kindest Regards,

Guest relation manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010 via mobile

i took a room and they were red stains on the bed and snakes leftovers . the food in the buffet was OK.

• Stayed August 2010
Sandra_Amram, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba, responded to this review, December 17, 2010
Dear Guest,

I have reviewed your comments on Tripadvisor.com site regarding your stay at the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba.

I wish to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding the cleanliness of your room.

We appreciate your comment, as these are constructive criticism that enables us to check ourselves and improve the level of service expected by our guest.

Your comment has been forwarded to the relevant department heads for their attention and immediate care and most helpful.

Please contact the Guest Relations department on your next visit so we can be sure to take care of your reservation on your next stay at Tel: 972-8-6306726.

We look forward seeing you among our returning guests.

Best regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba? Share your experiences!