“Surprisingly disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 65 Hotels in Eilat
Jerusalem
“Surprisingly disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel is grand enough when you go in and in fact we stayed on the business floor in a suite so I expected something especially nice. But I was disappointed. Our bathroom absolutely stunk of mildew and in general the level of cleanliness was average to poor. To use the gym facilities, the hotel requires extra payment (from people who are spending more than $500 per night to stay there!) as does the business lounge (even though we were in a suite on that floor). I will say that one of the staff members was very helpful (I think she is an American by history) but in general I was met with rudeness and a complete lack of interest when I asked for help with something (for example----I went out to the pool and was told there were no towels and the guy who staffed this was entirely bored when I seemed unhappy with that). The view from my room was outstanding though (Eilat is quite pretty in places) and the breakfast at this hotel is the best breakfast buffet I have seen almost anywhere in Israel. Bottom line: You can do better than this especially if you plan to spend this much money.

Room Tip: Floors higher up will have better views of the sea and may be quieter
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback of Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel. Only through guest reviews such as yours, we can find the opportunity to improve our services.
Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and your comments have been transferred to the Housekeeping department, for their immediate attention and care.
The free entrance to the executive lounge depends on the kind of the specific suite you were staying in so that could be one of the reasons for the fact that you needed to pay .

I was glad to read about your satisfaction from the location of our hotel.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments and we look forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel.

best regards
michal evron
guest relation manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Hebrew first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Against a backdrop of generally rude service across Israel, the team in Hilton QoS are very welcoming and hard working. It's a busy hotel in high season, so we were glad to be welcomed by Shiron and her team in the Hilton Honours Exec lounge where our loyalty to the brand pays off and a lovely private breakfast can be had avoiding the hustle elsewhere in hotel. In house Chicago restaurant great too, with man versus food portions!

Room Tip: Well worth either being a hilton member or paying for Club lounge upgrade
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding the service of our hotel staff.

I'm delighted that you were satisfied with our services at the executive lounge. I highly appreciate your comments on the quality of the breakfast .

Should your travel bring you back to Eilat in the future, my team and I would be delighted if you choose our hotel again to be your "home away from home".

Yours sincerely,
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We loved this hotel and with all the ones we have travelled to I can say this exceeded our expectations. The beds were comfy, the staff uber friendly and the location fabulous. The views were wonderful, we were over the pool and sea and had no problem with sound. The dinner and breakfast were fantastic too. The only negative I could see was there was no one to actually mind my kids in the kids club, but they had a great time in there with me anyway so it didn't ruin our stay. I would come back! Thank you.

Room Tip: 8th floor, family superior, great for 2 adults 2 kids.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba for your vacation.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.

We were delighted to hear that your impression of our staff and facilities was very good and that you enjoyed our dinner and breakfast.

Best regards
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

1. The staff is terrible
2. The rooms with a balcony cost more.. if you will pay more you probadly regret it.. the balcony is so small that there is no room for 2 people on it
3.the gym cost mony even though it is shown as one of the free services in the hotel

• Stayed July 2013
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologizes for all the inconvenience you commented on in the site especially regarding impression of the hotel staff and the size of the balcony .

Some issues could have been rectified during your stay as my team and I are available to guests all the time.

I wish to assure you that we at the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba are sincere in our aim to ensure that our guests receive a high standard of service and accommodation.
Therefore, your comments are very important to us and enable us to check ourselves and improve our level of service.

If you are planning on returning to Eilat, I hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us.
I also invite you to send me your personal mail address so I can speak to you in person.
My mail address is: Michal.evron@hilton.com
Best regards
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Eilat Queen of Sheba is a fine hotel depending on your needs. First the upside, great location, large rooms, friendly staff. Very good breakfasts, nice Hilton Honors lounge, large pool area, tons of children.
Now for the negatives, for us this hotel had way to many children. The noise level at the pool was almost intolerable. Again I say, this depends on your needs. If you are a family with small children this is the place for you. In its day this must have been a grand hotel Now it is a bit tired looking. The rooms desperately need an update, however they are spotless.
The Hilton Honors Lounge had a wonderful array of salads, small sandwiches and fruit.however for two days I was able to bring a cup of coffee and a small plate of pastry to my room, but on the last day I was told the food could not leave the lounge, either would have been fine but the inconsistency is a problem for me.
No beach attached to the hotel. This was not a problem for me since the temperture was 111.5 degrees. We were on the 12th floor facing the pool and listened to music pulsing from the promenade beach area until midnight. Not a problem for some, for me it made it impossible to sleep. As I stated in the beginning this is a fine hotel depending on your needs, great for families with small kids. Not so much for older couples wanting a quieter time.
I have read past reviews where people had negative things to say about the staff. I found them to be outstanding.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I have reviewed your comments on Tripadvisor.com site regarding your stay at the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and the service of the staff was satisfactory.
I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologizes as these are a constructive criticism that enable us to check ourselves and improve the level of service expected by the Hilton chain.
Please be assured that the Hilton team is doing all to ensure our guests have a pleasurable stay.

We look forward seeing you among our returning guests.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a greet time, food was wonderful and the staff helpful and sweet, the executive lounge was a little busy but the staff was great. There was only one thing that was missing: a hotel beach whith the hotel's serves. Hope to come next year.

• Stayed July 2013
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I read your review and I am glad to say that it is a pleasure to read such a complimenting review of our hotel.

Your constructive comments regarding the privet beach was taken seriously by the relevant managers.

We look forward to welcome you again to our hotel.

Best regards,

Guest Relation manager
Nice, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was very dissapointed by attitude of personel in this hotel, in the reception, as well as Customer manager, who was´nt helpful at all!WE booked special b-day romantic package and it was the biggest mistake. As personel wasnt informed about it everywhere (spa, dinner, Lounge) we had to wait long time because system was unable to find us.. also they gave us different room, the cake and fruit for b-day was overpriced and not eatable... The room are also old, air condition did´nt work and as we didnt have balcony and problem to open the window we werent able to sleep.

What is positive is just location, in the center... but dont expect 5 star Hotel! Hilton was always my favorite chain of Hotel but after this horrible experience in Eilat I completely changed my opinion... Never again!

Room Tip: Choose room with a balcony, or corner suite...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We appreciate your comment, as these are constructive criticism that enables us to check ourselves and improve the level of service expected by our guest.

Thank you for your positive comment in regards to the location.

Your observations and opinions regarding the pool and the condition of rooms and bathrooms are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations. It was particularly disappointed to see that your impression of our staff and service was bad and that you felt there not smiling.
We happy to inform you that we are about to start a renovation program which includes the rooms very soon and I hope that in your future visit you will be able to enjoy the hotel in general.
Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Guest RelatiOn manager
MICHAL.EVRON@HILTON.COM

Been to Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba? Share your experiences!