“I wish we could have stayed longer” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #27 of 63 hotels in Eilat
Perth, Australia
“I wish we could have stayed longer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We loved this hotel and with all the ones we have travelled to I can say this exceeded our expectations. The beds were comfy, the staff uber friendly and the location fabulous. The views were wonderful, we were over the pool and sea and had no problem with sound. The dinner and breakfast were fantastic too. The only negative I could see was there was no one to actually mind my kids in the kids club, but they had a great time in there with me anyway so it didn't ruin our stay. I would come back! Thank you.

Room Tip: 8th floor, family superior, great for 2 adults 2 kids.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba for your vacation.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.

We were delighted to hear that your impression of our staff and facilities was very good and that you enjoyed our dinner and breakfast.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments and we look forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel.

478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

1. The staff is terrible
2. The rooms with a balcony cost more.. if you will pay more you probadly regret it.. the balcony is so small that there is no room for 2 people on it
3.the gym cost mony even though it is shown as one of the free services in the hotel

• Stayed July 2013
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologizes for all the inconvenience you commented on in the site especially regarding impression of the hotel staff and the size of the balcony .

Some issues could have been rectified during your stay as my team and I are available to guests all the time.

I wish to assure you that we at the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba are sincere in our aim to ensure that our guests receive a high standard of service and accommodation.
Therefore, your comments are very important to us and enable us to check ourselves and improve our level of service.

If you are planning on returning to Eilat, I hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us.
I also invite you to send me your personal mail address so I can speak to you in person.
My mail address is: Michal.evron@hilton.com
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Eilat Queen of Sheba is a fine hotel depending on your needs. First the upside, great location, large rooms, friendly staff. Very good breakfasts, nice Hilton Honors lounge, large pool area, tons of children.
Now for the negatives, for us this hotel had way to many children. The noise level at the pool was almost intolerable. Again I say, this depends on your needs. If you are a family with small children this is the place for you. In its day this must have been a grand hotel Now it is a bit tired looking. The rooms desperately need an update, however they are spotless.
The Hilton Honors Lounge had a wonderful array of salads, small sandwiches and fruit.however for two days I was able to bring a cup of coffee and a small plate of pastry to my room, but on the last day I was told the food could not leave the lounge, either would have been fine but the inconsistency is a problem for me.
No beach attached to the hotel. This was not a problem for me since the temperture was 111.5 degrees. We were on the 12th floor facing the pool and listened to music pulsing from the promenade beach area until midnight. Not a problem for some, for me it made it impossible to sleep. As I stated in the beginning this is a fine hotel depending on your needs, great for families with small kids. Not so much for older couples wanting a quieter time.
I have read past reviews where people had negative things to say about the staff. I found them to be outstanding.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I have reviewed your comments on Tripadvisor.com site regarding your stay at the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and the service of the staff was satisfactory.
I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologizes as these are a constructive criticism that enable us to check ourselves and improve the level of service expected by the Hilton chain.
Please be assured that the Hilton team is doing all to ensure our guests have a pleasurable stay.

We look forward seeing you among our returning guests.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a greet time, food was wonderful and the staff helpful and sweet, the executive lounge was a little busy but the staff was great. There was only one thing that was missing: a hotel beach whith the hotel's serves. Hope to come next year.

• Stayed July 2013
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I read your review and I am glad to say that it is a pleasure to read such a complimenting review of our hotel.

Your constructive comments regarding the privet beach was taken seriously by the relevant managers.

We look forward to welcome you again to our hotel.

Best regards,

Guest Relation manager
Nice, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was very dissapointed by attitude of personel in this hotel, in the reception, as well as Customer manager, who was´nt helpful at all!WE booked special b-day romantic package and it was the biggest mistake. As personel wasnt informed about it everywhere (spa, dinner, Lounge) we had to wait long time because system was unable to find us.. also they gave us different room, the cake and fruit for b-day was overpriced and not eatable... The room are also old, air condition did´nt work and as we didnt have balcony and problem to open the window we werent able to sleep.

What is positive is just location, in the center... but dont expect 5 star Hotel! Hilton was always my favorite chain of Hotel but after this horrible experience in Eilat I completely changed my opinion... Never again!

Room Tip: Choose room with a balcony, or corner suite...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We appreciate your comment, as these are constructive criticism that enables us to check ourselves and improve the level of service expected by our guest.

Thank you for your positive comment in regards to the location.

Your observations and opinions regarding the pool and the condition of rooms and bathrooms are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations. It was particularly disappointed to see that your impression of our staff and service was bad and that you felt there not smiling.
We happy to inform you that we are about to start a renovation program which includes the rooms very soon and I hope that in your future visit you will be able to enjoy the hotel in general.
Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Guest RelatiOn manager
MICHAL.EVRON@HILTON.COM
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel is absolutely beautiful and reminds me of the nicest of places in the Caribbean but I will never return.

The hotel demonstrated to me that it doesn't value it's customers and has no sense of hospitality, save for a few of it's staff (an adorable Canadian front desk clerk if you can get her).

After calling down to ask a question before Shabbat began, I was promptly hung up on, but I didn't really mind, instead I decided to nap before shabbat for the first time in two weeks after Birthright. I was promptly woken up just after sundown by the hotel staff: the prior occupant had left something in the safe and could they come up and retrieve it. Of course they could I have no problem helping someone out my problem is that they had no time for me until it benefited them. Leave it to be said they never helped me with my first problem even after an apologetic bellhop promised me he would help. No follow up, no apology, no nothing.

I think that story sums it up perfectly, there are others but it's not worth my time. If you can deal with rude people in the service industry, this place is amazing, if you like to be treated like a human being, don't step foot into the lobby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Miichal E, General Manager at Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments on this website.
Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements.
I wish to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us.
Your comments have been transferred to the relevant department, and I have to add that all of those inconveniences you had to face with are not a part of our standard of service in our hotel
I am sorry we couldn’t make a better impression and we hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us. Please contact me at Tel: 972-8-6306666 or via E-Mail Michal.evron@hilton.com
Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.
We look forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Eilat.

Chennai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Hotel Hilton Queen of Sheba stands out as a gem on the coastline of the Red Sea. Excellent location and good infrastructure and facilities. The breakfast buffet spread was simply awesome !
A nice large swimming pool but was so terribly crowded that you could not swim a meter without bumping into somebody. The gym is rather small and timings very very inconvenient.

What is lacking is the attitude of the staff - absolutely no effort to be helpful or go the extra bit to make your stay pleasant. The Reception at Check-in had a "take it or leave it" attitude and were most unwilling to shift us to better rooms. I requested housekeeping for an adaptor and they promised to have it sent in 5 minutes - no show even after an hour despite 4 reminders.

As the say, a samile can make all the difference between an average and a pleasant experience in such Hotels.

Room Tip: Must opt for Sea facing rooms witha direct view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
dear guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback of Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel. Only through guest reviews such as yours, we can find the opportunity to improve our services.

Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and your comments have been forwarded to the relevant department heads, for their immediate attention and care. I also wish to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had to face, and assure you that it is not a part of the standard of service in our hotel.

Guest Relation manager
michal.evron@hotmail.com

Been to Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba? Share your experiences!