Reason for stay in Eilat: Eilat is definitely the best part of Israel. It’s on the Red Sea, relaxing and it’s around 42 degrees every day in Autumn. It’s never cold there! I went to Eilat with my family for 5 nights. There are markets, awesome restaurants, Ice Space, Dr Dug, water sports, Segway hire, tax free shopping…the list goes on! My family and I bought 2 Plaza Suites (RRP: $1300, per room per night). We got an awesome deal on www.priceline.com.
Location: Right on the water. The water is not great for swimming, but if you choose to do so, the hotel has its own private beach area. Underneath the hotel there are amazing shops (tax-free of course). There is a shopping centre 5 minutes away by foot. There is a cool market below at night.
Hotel common area: reception was amazing. As VIPs, we were allowed to check in on the 8th floor executive lounge. Daily, there would be lovely finger food and drinks served. There was also free internet in the lounge. The main reception was beautiful. Mosaics and beautiful hand-painted ceilings. The hotel certainty kept to the theme’ Queen of Sheba’. The lifts were beautiful glass cylinders. There were 12 floors. The pool is amazing. There are 4 pools: a baby pool, 2 shallows ones and a long rectangular one. There are always 2 life guards on duty. There are kiosks and restaurants. There is a massive buffet breakfast on the ground level. The food is AMAZING! Parking is free and underground. Pets are allowed. There is a kids club too.
Hotel room: The plaza suite was nothing I had ever seen before…. In the main area, there was a MASSIVE room. Inside there was a couch, a dining table, small fridge area and a bathroom (shower, toilet, etc). Attached to the room was another massive room Inside there was a Hollandia Bed ( the most comfortable bed ever with a built-in massage and it elevates and folds electronically). There was a second full bathroom with hand painted clouds on the ceiling. In both bathrooms, there was Crabtree and Evelyn products (very high end beauty products). Wrapped around the suite was a massive balcony with an outdoor dining area. There was also a private jaccuzzi. The view was of the ocean, the pool and the lagoon. You would be a fool to not stay here!!
VIP amenities: access to fitness club, executive room and vip breakfast. Fitness club: usually costs extra to enter, however as a VIP you may enter for free. There is a hot tub and a small gym. I did not go, however, my brother informed me that the gym assistant was extremely rude and intimidating. The man kept watching him while he worked out. Perhaps he was gay?? It was not very appropriate the way he followed my brother. The executive lounge was phenomenal. It was full of international magazines, gourmet finger food, alcohol and bottled drinks. @ girls (both light brown long hair) were amazing and would go out of their way to ensure we could make bookings at restaurants. Food was changed twice a day. Deserts were amazing. There was large balcony attached so you could eat outside. There was also a room attached with 2 computers ( a bit slow) but they had free internet. The VIP breakfast was amazing. It was on level 12 of the hotel in the Japanese restaurant. We were sent a lovely invitation inviting us to the breakfast. A very tall South African man warmly invited us into the restaurant and offered us outstanding service like never before. I felt at home and we were offered to eat whatever we liked. This nice man definitely was one of the highlights at the hotel as he was very inviting and friendly.
I highly recommend this hotel. I have been to Israel nearly 7 times now. In Israel I find the standard of the hotels to be extremely poor. I’ve stayed at the Dan hotels and have felt like walking out. Customer service is so bad overall in Israel. Tax is excruciatingly high and consumer protection laws are non-existent. However, my attitude towards Israel changed when I came to this hotel. I felt like I had the modern luxuries that we have at home in Australia, whether it be amazing customer service, high quality food or crisp cotton bed sheets fit for a king. This hotel is definitely the best one in Israel and is in Israel’s best location. I would like to thank the Hilton Queen of Sheba staff (especially the lovely man in the VIP breakfast restaurant) for making this stay in Israel the most memorable yet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Eilat, within walking distance to the city center, the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba hotel boasts a seafront pool, spa and adjoining shopping mall. Designed as an imaginary biblical palace, the building offers a majestic atmosphere and breathtaking views of the Red Sea. Discover fantastic shopping, dining and entertainments opportunities at North Beach Promenade, just minutes from this beachfront hotel.Choose from an array of cuisines and dining opportunities at this Eilat hotel. Enjoy authentic Israeli breakfast buffets and international dinner buffets at Makeda restaurant. Refresh with a poolside snack at Ebony or enjoy an evening meal or appetizers at the Chicago Grill Bar. Unwind with an evening drink in Axum, overlooking the atrium and pool. Sip cocktails or sample light snacks at this late-night Eilat bar.Host a meeting or event in one of the six meeting rooms offering wireless internet access, or celebrate a special occasion in the Canaan Ballroom or poolside area. Discover a fantastic range of water sports at the beach, enjoy a refreshing swim in the seafront pool or rejuvenate in the gym. Relax in the sauna or jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Eilat Queen Of Sheba Hotel Eilat
- Hilton International Eilat
- Eilat Hilton