“IF you are not an Israeli, don't stay here !” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Eilat
Bellingen, Australia
“IF you are not an Israeli, don't stay here !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We are currently staying at the hotel......the stay here has been extremely good and extremely bad!
Breakfast - fantastic
Service at breakfast - fantastic
Bar and Barstaff - pitiful - if you don't speak or read Hebrew, you cannot order anything - no bar menu in English and staff are rude (apart from one man who could see my frustration)
Pool - lovely but SO noisy - they run their kids club at the pool up until 1pm and use microphones, loudly, yelling in Hebrew ( didn't understand what they were saying but I presume updates on races for children, interviewing kids and parents, etc)
Pool Food - ok but again there was no menu in english !
Front Counter - excellent
Room - great
View - amazing
Proximity to everything - short walk

Seems 100% full of families - loads and loads of kids
So, my recommendation - if you speak Hebrew and have kids - great place to holiday!
If you don't, stay away! I'm not coming back, soz !

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear wildchildjojo,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Hebrew first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed in the Crowne Plaza for a long weekend last weekend. It was a typical Israeli hotel, classified as a 4 star hotel but really 2-3 stars. The nice things were breakfast, free WIFI, and good air conditioning. The beds are hard and the rooms are a bit dated with banged up furniture. The pool area is nice and was crowded but that's to be expected in Eilat in July. A treat was night swimming on Saturday night with dance music from a DJ. This ended at 11 pm so not too late.

Now on to the bad. Right next door, in the Marina, is the Pier 99 bar. They played loud music until 1am on Thursday, and 4am on Friday! I could not get to sleep. My girlfriend called the front desk and was told they know but it's not in the hotel so they can't do anything about it. I even called the police but that did not help. The next night, I bought ear plugs and was able to sleep.

Room Tips: Floor 9 has newer rooms that are in a little better shape. Ask for the higher floors in general as there is a lot of noise in Eilat.

Room Tip: Floor 9 has newer rooms that are in a little better shape. Ask for the higher floors in general as t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear injerusalem,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests.

Please accept our sincere apology for the noise challenges you experienced during your stay. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

....I've stayed at this hotel a number of times in the past; I'm an IHG gold member so figured this was the way forward.....what a fail!

Classed as a 4 or even 5 star, this hotel does not warrant the high status in comparison to the real, valid 5 star establishments in Eilat.

Rooms were shabby, staff miserable (yeah in Eilat?!), check-in was a NIGHTMARE...took what felt like forever, lifts are tiny and old, swimming pool was full of bits of food floating on the surface (Israeli kids can be out of control sometimes) very uncomfortable loungers.

On the plus side; breakfast was acceptable, location is good, parking available.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Yatti G,

Thank you for being a IHG Rewards Club Gold member and for leaving us a feedback. I am pleased that you liked our location. However, I do apologize that your experience was not what you expected on some aspects of your stay. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests as these issues will be looked into. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We heard of a deal with what we thought was a good price. Although we go to Eilat often, we usually pay a lot more so we were concerned about what we would find. Not to worry, the hotel gives great value. It is located on the promenade at the marina in North Beach. It is about a ten minute walk past 4 hotels to the beach and more importantly for us, only 5 minutes walk to the new Ice Mall. The Ice Mall is a great attraction worthy of a separate review, but since we went there every day of our stay, proximity was important. We had room a room with a view directly down the center of the lagoon alll the way out to the big ocean vessels anchored miles out. The room was really very nice and I was told that it was renovated last year and the view was fantastic as we could also see Aquaba. Lounging around the pool is a what I like best and I was not disappointed. It was 42 degrees celcious, but tbecasue there was no humidity we were conmfortable. The only meals that we had in the hotels were breakfast and it was more than adequate and on a par with the better hotels in Israel, but admittedly not the same super unbelievabel breakfasts served at the more pricey hotels in Eilat .

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the lagoon, but the rooms in the middle of the hotel see out to the sea. The r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
KarinPr, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, September 16, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words.
We do our best to keep our guests happy and a review like yours only tells us that we are on the right track.

RAM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been staying in the hotel for the last couple of years for yearly vacation with my kids.
This is a great option in Eilat and it is getting better every passing year. First, PR manager, Karin is just fantastic, she took care of every little detail of our pre-arrival request, just magnificent.
The check in procedure for our 2 rooms took less than 5 minutes, quick and efficient.
The rooms are clean an modern, all facing the pool and wonderful view of the Marina. We ate at the Lobby and room service mainly which was real nice dairy option for the kids. (Pizza, salads and toasts exc.)
The service is just great, all of the staff are just so attentive and eager to fulfill our wishes, I would mention Yaron the checker at breakfast and pool, he just kept on smiling and assisting us through the week. Last, I would mention Jawad the duty manager, I had a feeling as he is all over the place, speaking gently to the guests, helping us in every issue and in a personal way , I could get a sense of being at home. He truly is a great person and the hotel is lucky to have him on board. Thanks to all of you in Crown Plaza Eilat, hope to see you again next year, Niv.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

By far the worst hotel experience I have ever had in my travels. They say it's a 4 star hotel but I would downgrade that to 2 star because I have been in 3 star hotels with far better service.
There is only one person on at the reception when there should be two because it gets busy.

I stayed there on 26-27 May for one night and then back again on 28-29th May for one night. The main issue was that I misplaced my European adapter and iPhone charger cord by forgetting it in my room. On the afternoon of 27th which was on the same day I left earlier on, I arranged for the hotel I went to; to call and let staff know at Crown Plaza Eilat that I left my charger and adapter in room 802 and to please leave it at reception for me to pick up the next day.
I arrived on the afternoon of 28th asking for my two things to be told they don't know what I was talking about. I explained the whole situation and the lady there took notes and said they cannot go in room until the morning during cleaning so do I mind waiting till the morning. I wasn't happy but it wasn't an unreasonable request.
The next morning I went up to reception and asked for my missing things. Guess what she said??? "I'm sorry, I don't know what you are talking about" I began to get very angry but restrained myself while telling Crown Plaza all over again the story. She and another person there asked me what it was that I was missing, an iPhone?, I told them a few times and said it wasn't my iPhone but the charger and European adapter while pointing to the bottom of my iPhone where it is charged. She then said "Why didn't you tell us on the day you forgot them?" I had to restrain myself even more and say "I did,, I have been asking for them for the last 3 days and I still haven't got it back"
She then told me to sit in the lobby while she sends up a staff member to find it.
Two staff come up to me after 10-20 minutes saying they saw what I was missing in there but they can't just take it out based on just my word because it might be the current guests things. "Do you mind waiting for the guest to come back, it is the iPhone isn't it?"
I lost my temper and yelled "it is not the iPhone!!! I need the adapter and charger!!!" Then I said "I've had enough of this, you all have wasted enough my time, I can't wait anymore, I have a flight home and need to be at the airport now!"
As I was leaving the staff didn't seem at all concerned that I was so upset by it all.
I had a bunch of apologies over those three days but it doesn't cut it anymore. Genuine apologies come with action.
Thanks to the incompetence of your staff I had to spend $52.10 Australian Dollars on an universal iPhone charger at the airport.

The staff at Crown Plaza Eilat needs to be trained in communicating with each other rather than saying they will do something about it, yet not leave notes or messages for staff who are working after their shift.
The staff have very poor English both in speaking it and understanding it. Either hire staff who are proficient in English or train your current staff to more acceptable standards. You are a USA based chain for goodness sake.

I have other things to comment on but this was the main issue that made me angry the most.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear kajan84,

Ben J
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My tourists booked this hotel on booking.com. The price was reasonable, and the location is great, a walking distance from the boardwalk, restaurants and shopping. We stayed on the 9th floor, which is great, too bad that our room was facing the north and not the beautiful red sea. When you arrive, request a south facing high floor room. The room was spacious and newly decorated nice and comfortable. The bathroom was ok, equipped with hair dryer, magnifying mirror (not good if you don't want to see your wrinkles...) and even a telephone. The water in the shower behaved strangely at times, going from hot to cold to no water at all for a few seconds, and back to normal. It happened a few times, as if it was possessed... The pool is a good size and nice. With Eilat heat, I could not stay outside the water for more than a few minutes... The food was just OK. I am eating kosher, so I had to eat in the hotel, however the tourists that I was guiding were looking for restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. I asked the girl at the front desk, the concierge the barman and the security person, and no one could tell me what is around. Finally a new girl came in and suggested a restaurant close by. I walked towards the boardwalk for a few minutes, and was pleased to report to my tourists that there were many good restaurants around that are open on Saturday. All in all, a pleasant experience.

P.s. I stayed at the 9th floor, I am in bed reading and suddenly the bed is moving from side to side. That was an earth quack and I was pleased to see that the building is well built!

Room Tip: Try to get the south facing room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Public relations manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat? Share your experiences!