“My hotel in Eilat Israel is Crown Plaza. Why? read here” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #32 of 65 Hotels in Eilat
Tel Aviv, Israel
“My hotel in Eilat Israel is Crown Plaza. Why? read here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Hello all, My name is Lena Levterova and I am from Charkov Ukraine. I am visiting Israel not for the first time because I am in the business of health tourism (I bring patients from Russia and Ukraine to be treated in Israel www.lena-levterova.com).
My partner surprise me with an invitation to the Crown Plaza Eilat. I went to the room first while he was parking the car in the free covered parking area. we got room 350 dates: 24-25-26.11.2011.

When I came into the room, I couldn't believe my eyes. The view was stunning and overwhelming. Look at pictures and you will understand better.

Room 350 is a a huge suite on the 3 th floor. The biggest ever bed i saw in an hotel. double toilets double TV sets, very large balcony were I could sunbathing freely, clean an good size Jacuzzi.. and something which is very important for me free fast internet in every corner! of the hotel.

Sorry I can't tell you much about the hotel because we almost didn't leave the suite.

Just one thing about the food: a lady (a cook?) was cutting my fresh vegetable salt in front of me at the dining room. Nice isn't it?

Room Tip: take my room 350
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lena_levterova
KarinPr, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for your email regarding your experience with the Crowne Plaza Eilat, Israel.

It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments
are very important to us. I hope seeing you again at Crowne Plaza Eilat among our returning happy guests.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Not what you would expect from Crowne Plaza!
Our mobile phone was stolen from our breakfast table.
The upkeep of the building and furniture is way below a deserted motel.
The dining room was dirty for one day and on the next miraculously improved.
The food was plentiful but average.
Overall, this hotel is poorly run.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dannyanb
IHGCare, Case Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear dannyanb,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry for the trouble you ex[experienced at the hotel.
I would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message to obtain
more information about your stay.

Thank you, I look forward to assisting you.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHG Care
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Its a simple hotel...has seen better days. If you get a good price then go for it.
Location is not too bad either ( but Eilat is small and all the hotels are close).
We stayed for a few days and ejoyed the city, pool and beach ( which is a 10 min walk).

Simply put...its a Average hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Six of us stayed here - the rooms were ok - the hotel desperately needs an upgrade. It is big, there is soooo much food at breakfast, it seems like a waste. We would only stay here again if we had to for the price. Otherwise, find something better.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was very disapointed with the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Eilat. I have had uniformly good experiences with their hotels in the US, but this one seemed really shoddy - more like a motel than a star hotel. The furniture was old and coming apart, the carpet was shoddy and the whole place looked like it was desperately in need of an overhaul. A travel agent booked us in here. I wish I had done my own bookings as I usually do!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us.
your comments are now being checked seariously and therely in order to make sure that never occours again!

I am terribly sorry for the bad impression thas has been made and hope that in your next visit to eilat, you will come to us despite all of this and see it can and usually is different.

Guest relations manager
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

What horrible experience! We stayed in the Crowne Plaza for one night on our way to Petra and it was the worst stay of the 21 hotels we visited on over a month of travel. On a day of over 100 degree heat, the air conditioning went out as we slept and no one in the room was able to get a good night's sleep. The next morning, there was very little water pressure and we coudn't take showers. When I approached the front desk and requested a refund, the woman at the counter couldn't speak English well, so I was forced to write the corporate office. Instead of refunding the cost of our stay, I was given useless priority club points. Useless because I will never stay at a Crowne Plaza again. Stay somewhere else in Eilat!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us.

Guest relations manager
greater boston area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised with my recent stay at the Crowne Plaza in Eilat. Our party of nine had three rooms; two adjourning on the ninth floor and one on the eighth floor. Although the ninth floor rooms were beautifully decorated and pristine; the eighth floor room wasn't too bad; it had older furniture but was still clean. We enjoyed the decks overlooking the harbour as well as the central location of the hotel to the beaches, stores and promenade. It was across the street from a small market and nightclub.

The hotel also had activities for children at their beautiful pool. It seemed very family oriented; so if you don't like to be around alot of kids; this may not be the place for you. On our last night, we found out the internet was free (the desk clerk gave us the code for free. Also we discovered that they had complimentary cold water in the lobby when we checked out; a fact that we wished that we knew as we spent alot on bottled water to keep hydrated in the intense heat. They also had limited garage parking.If its full, you can park in the front behind a chain or they direct you to free open parking in a deserted lot (not sure about the security). Luckily we got spots and didn't move the car the entire time because of the hotel's central location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family