“Great Meat, Low Service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 96 Restaurants in Eilat
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy a fresh culinary experience at Chicago Grill Bar. Start with a delicious appetizer then choose from a succulent selection of meat including prime rib, rack of veal and lamb chops. For a taste of everything order a Butchers meal for two. To complete your gourmet experience, enjoy a selection of decadent desserts.This family friendly venue also offers special meals for children. For a romantic evening enjoy the seclusion of one of two private dining rooms. The stylish decor, courteous service and exclusive atmosphere will make a visit to this Eilat restaurant a memorable occasion.
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great Meat, Low Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I was on vacation with my wife and we wanted to go to a nice meat restaurant near the Hilton we were staying at.

We ordered the couples meat special which is 174 NIS per person, not including the drinks or appetizers. We didn't have one waiter, it seemed that they served us based on availability, not something I would expect from a high class restaurant. We felt a bit depreciated, as there was another table next to us full of French people and they seemed to be getting more attention.

When the meat arrived, we noticed that the meat was medium and not medium-well as we requested. Also there was several different kinds of meat and the waiter didn't care to point out what was what. Also most of the meals were not served by the waiter, they gave the guy who clears the tables to do it.

I think we deserved a little bit better service for the kind of money we were spending there.

The desert was fantastic! Wife love the chocolate souffle :)

Overall rating would be a 5 out of 10. I've had better service come out of cheaper restaurants in Tel-Aviv. I would not recommend this place for family or friends.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Davina S, Manager at Chicago Grill Bar, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for posting a review. I apologize that your experience at the Chicago Grill Bar was not what you expected. We do have a great restaurant with excellent meat, and I am sorry you did not enjoy the service. This is brought to the attention of the restaurant manager and hotel manager so we can together immprove to meet our guests expectations.
I hope you allow us the opportunity to change your opinion of us and prove that service is our top priority. Feel free to contact me in the future, davina.semana@hilton.com
Sincerely
Davina

• Hebrew first
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We ate a salmon fish which tasted very good. Was cooked good on the grill and the seasoning was great. For desert we ordered the goose liver which was special (the recepie was good! Cooked on the grill and served with belgian wafel)!
The service was very good as well

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miichal E, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Grill Bar, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Dudigl
What a lovely review. I am so glad you enjoyed the restaurant. Your compliments have been forwarded to the attention of the restaurant Chef, the manager and the entire Chicago Grill Bar team.
We hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards
Hawley, PA
“That was a very expensive hamburger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

So my two teenage sons and I were looking for a nice restaurant in Eilat and decided to check out The Chicago. The waiter was very professional and went out of his way to give us an enjoyable meal. However, the prices are absurd! My son and I ordered a hamburger which was fine accept that it cost close to I think 80 ILS. I have been to many restaurants in my life from low pub fare to upscale, white glove service. Personally, this restaurant is overrated. The decor is very bland (although the name of the restaurant is Chicago, the atmosphere and setting does not correspond with the name). I know this because both my sons attend a private school in Chicago and I travel there frequently. The only plus to the restaurant was the bread the service with the three different dips. Other than that, it was certainly not worth the steep price.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear elee124065
Thanks for an informative review, your concerns and opinion show us where to improve.
I am glad you liked the bread and service and sorry that the rest was not to your satisfaction.
I hope we do get the chance to change your opinion in the ufture.

Kind regards
Detroit, Michigan
“Great food - no vegetarian or fish option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We went to this restaurant with a party of 6. We chose this restaurant because although its a kosher meat place the online menu showed a halibut entree and mushroom ravioli appetizer (and we had a vegetarian in our group). Unfortunately when we arrived at the table we saw that both of the previously mentioned items were no longer on the menu and no fish or veggie option was added in their place. Our waiter told us the only thing available for vegetarian was salad. Despite the rocky beginning, the food was excellent - and the vegetarian managed to get enough to eat with the wonderful fresh bread, interesting salads, and potatoe side dish that was served as an accompaniment to the meat entrees.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Carole B
Thank you for a good review. I am so sorry that you didnt find a suitable dish for your vegitarian friend. This will be investigated and handled so to prevent it from happening to future guests.
We do have a very good menu and lovely dishes so thanks for your compliments... I will forward to the chef too.
I hope you will visit again and enjoy.
Best regards
Eilat, Israel
“Exellent :))”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Very good meat , loved the service and the atmosphere is very special - we loved it! We will come again!!!

• Visited May 2013