“over rated "chef" cuisine” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Ra'anana, HaMerkaz, Israel
“over rated "chef" cuisine”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Supposodly a "chef" cuisine restaurant - we had a perfect disaster at this place.
A. the menu is based upon 1 type of steak (fillet) & two types of fish (salmon & bream). Each of the portions are offered with a choice of sauces - the same for meat & for fish. Definately not top level cuisine!

B. There are daily specials but nothing to write home about.

C. Our orders ran from bland (the two soups ordered as starters) to bad. My wife's fish order was served badly undercooked & was returned to the kitchen. My fish was OK but nothing special. My wifes fish returned only after I had finished my meal - thus ruining the evening for us.

In short - stay away

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
“D best resteront in Eilat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I live in eilat and this is by far my favorit restrant !!!!!!
every time i get a diffrent type of steak and always ends up with a big smile !!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Potential - not perfect.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Hi,
After reading a lot about it, me and my family went to check out this mysterious place. Eilat is not that big, so it didnt take more thatn 10 minutes to get there by cab.
Starters were all great, fried local fish for main course was great too.
Two downparts Id like to mention: My mom ordered a steak thats Medium- well, and she got a rare steak, and when I say rare I mean bloody raw on the inside. She told the waiter to fry it again, and it came back less bloody, but still bloody. Had to repeat that procedure another time, and furthermore, we went there again the next evening, my mom giving the steak another shot, with the same disappointing result. For a place thats famous for their steaks, I wonder what the steak standards are in Israel.
Also, 2nd day, I got really bad food poisoning from the fish gratin. Big minus point!!
This restaurant could be exceptional, but after my experiences they are just above average.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Yes, like every other reviewer, I will also say that this restaurant is hard to find. But when you do... it was worth the search. The food and service are both excellent.

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“save youself the taxi ride”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Eddies is ment to be one of the top restaurants in Eilat,all I can say is god help Eliat ! Firstly you have to take a taxi(make sure the driver puts on the meter) to a dark and rundown part of town with many wild cats running about outside the restaurant which is down unlit dark pathway.The restaurant is in a cross between a garage and large shed with tatty light fitting hanging off the walls.I ordered escalope francaise which was placed among the veal dishes,(ie veal cordon bleau) on reflection it did not mention what meat it was made from but it did say it was in a lemon sauce.What I got was a chicken schnitzel in breadcrumbs which you can get in any take away meanwhile two people on seperate tables sent back there steaks for being either undercooked or overcooked.My schnitzel was sent back and I orded a medium steak instead BIG MISTAKE after a long wait a steak arrived which was rare and tough as old boots it could not be cut,why are steak knives not provided also my wife ordered pasta why was no Parmesan cheese offered.For the prices they charge they should give a better offering.We ordered a regular brandy+coke they charged an equivalent of £15.00 for just the brandy, the 5 star hotel we were staying in charged half that I don't mind paying for good food but this is a rip off.When I brought the matter to the manger he said some times it is hard to judge the steaks,but surely after the 30 years this restaurant has been open it should get it right.The steak I recieved had been cut against the grain and thats why it was tough.I returned the steak and went home hungry, I phoned the next day to query the price of the brandy and was told that my steak was perfect, great after meal service. AVOID

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere