TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Bad Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

05/11/2013 at 17h30
It was my
first time in Jacir Palace, and I'm sure it will be the last incomplete one.

The bad experience began from the reception, who gave us two dirty and unprepared rooms, and i wonder how a 5 stars hotel cannot manage such a simple mistake like this, we called the reception twice and the answer was just that they will send somebody to do the rooms as no other alternatives available. Just to confirm, that we booked the rooms since the early morning and we arrived at 17:30 for check in, which mean no excuses for them on this dereliction. The guide left us before arriving to our rooms on saying take one level down, take your left, then your right (although it is not that easy to find your way in this hotel).
However, after more than 20 minutes without having anybody to care about our issue, we decided to leave the Hotel, and we went to the reception who just took our keys without showing any due professional care about the problem, and taking care of an American delegation arrived.
After another 15 minutes the night shift duty manager arrived (of course after receiving several phone calls from our company) asking about what’s going on, and the response was not up to the level of the issue, as he said that they will prepare the rooms for us, and if we want to have something in waiting!!!!
We were not sorry at all to leave the hotel and went back to Hebron for taking two rooms in a simple Hotel there, at least we found people who care, and respect their guests.

Just a message for the Hotel management and crew: it is not like this you deal with guests, respect and considering any guest needs and/or concerns is as much important as receiving any delegation in spite of its number. And trust me, an assessment of the performance is essential and essential communication training will be a need and a great tool that you have to provide to your crew if you want to match the volume of investment with the qualification of the people who operate such facility, at all levels, and I mean it, at all levels.

I visited more than 25 countries and tried several levels of Hotels, and sorry to say that my experience in a hotel in my home country was one of the worst that I ever met.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Shireen S, PA To GM at Jacir Palace Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Ayman A,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. we apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality.

Again, thank you for taking the time to give feedback.

Sincerely

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Was traveling with a tour group and spent one night here. The room was nice enough for one night and it had a large bathroom. I couldn't get my electricity converter to work. I found out the next morning that the plug was located under the table in the floor. Did not have any interaction with the check-in desk personnel since we were with a group. We did have dinner and breakfast at the hotel. These were my first meals in the middle east and both were very pleasant. We only stayed this one night in the PA; the rest of the trip was in Israel. I had been told before I left the U.S. that the coffee was not good here but it actually was fine. I don't know why people say this because I thought it was good at every hotel we stayed in Israel. We arrived after dark so did not see the view until the next morning. I heard the Muslim call to prayer; also heard roosters crowing.

I marked the value "average" but I really do not know the price of the room since I paid one price for an all-inclusive trip including the meals.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Shireen S, PA TO GM at Jacir Palace Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear DJ561,

Thank you for having taken the time and effort to write us your feedback, I was delighted to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at InterContinental Bethlehem.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our efforts and takes the time to say thank you.

Management team
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed at the beautiful Jacir Palace - Intercontinental Hotel Bethlehem. Palestine for Christmas Eve 2012. It was a very special place at a very special time of year. The jacuzzi was great and my suite on the Presidential Floor was decorated beautifully. My room overlooked the pool...I wish I could have gone swimming,,,Maybe another time,,,but not in December!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Shireen S, PA To GM at Jacir Palace Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Ann M,

Management team
Palestine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I attended a training session in this hotel, and to tell the truth I found the hotel outdated. The training hall was spacious and good, but going to the toilets you find a mess. No toilet paper, broken faucets, broken hand drier ... etc.
The food was very neutral, that you cant find any taste. No salt, no pepper, no spices, just plain food.
The location is good and they have good parking lot.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Shireen S, PA To GM at Jacir Palace Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience.

It is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future and provide you with the service you deserve and expect from us.

Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Sincerely
Baku, Azerbaijan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I've been there with my family, we got a tour, orginized by "Pegas", so we stayed there just 1 night. We reached the hotel in the evening. The hotel impressed us very much. It seemed like we got into the ancient, dark, eastern labyrinthine palace, and It frightened us so much, that we couldn't sleep. But in the morning, we had opportunity to see all the greatness of this hotel. It was really too big and luxurious with its luxurious decor. We had only one night and one breakfast there, but I'd like to stay there more. The breakfast was good enough, but not enough for 5 stars hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable, even they were not modern. The bathroom was perfect, as well as its bathing accessories. The staff seemed to be tired of the clients.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Shireen S, PA To GM at Jacir Palace Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Fidan B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. We are pleased you liked the location of our hotel as well as our facilities.

Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps.
The Jacir Palace Intercontinental is committed to provide our guests with the highest quality services and facilities.

jerusalem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was there with my wife on last Ramadan for an open buffet .
Food was not Tasty , even in a 3 star hotel i would have better and tastier food.
All food except the soup was almost cold , when you ask the waiter for the reason he says people do not cover the main dishes back!!!
I asked for a lemon to add to my almost cold fish , it took them around 10 minutes to bring it and in the end food was really cold!!!
After I refused to pay a full price for a cold "average" food they asked for half the price , which i paid

The garden and the music were perfect though ...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Shireen S, PA To GM at Jacir Palace Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear moh'd q,

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Best regards
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had a really good time at this hotel, here are some highlights:

- superb decor in the palace part with restored paintings, etc.
- staff that was very willing to help and seemed to really care that things went well
- good selection for breakfast, including many local items
- huge outdoor pool area
- beautiful rooms, in keeping with the palace's style

Some things to look out for:

- lounge access is not really worth it (or maybe it was because of the lack of guests using it)
- music by the pool is loud...didn't bother me, but you can't sleep in the sun if that's what you want. Also, the pool is quite deep - 1.6m all over

I'd like to add that it is a perfectly reasonable choice as a Jerusalem hotel...we spent 45 minutes and 5 NIS/person on any given day to reach Damascus Gate (walk to checkpoint+minibus), so it's really not much different than staying in a suburb of Jerusalem itself. The checkpoint, while it may look intimidating is in reality very simple to go through as a foreigner and a 15-minute walk from the hotel. Bethlehem itself is very peaceful and features a pretty authentic old town and souk. It's really a shame that most people avoid staying in the city and prefer only being taken to the Nativity Church and back via bus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Shireen S, PA TO GM at Jacir Palace Hotel Bethlehem, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for having taken the time and effort to write us your feedback, I was delighted to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at the InterContinental Bethlehem.

Management Team

Been to Jacir Palace Hotel Bethlehem? Share your experiences!