“Great restaurant, friendly owner” 5 of 5 stars

+90 232 892 32 96
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 85 Restaurants in Selcuk
Cuisines: Turkish, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Los Angeles, California
“Great restaurant, friendly owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I came here nearing the end of our trip to turkey and to be honest, i had so much of the usual kebap fare that i wanted a change. So I ordered fish. The owner said "hmmm, you like chicken? you should get the chicken, my chicken is the best." I went with the recommendation and it really was good. The portion was large. The side spinach was great. The chicken was juicy and tender. The reviews are well-deserved.

At the end of dinner, my wife wanted dondurma from a nearby shop and when we asked the owner for directions, he had his brother walk us to the store to make sure we got to where we wanted.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
waukesha wi
“Flavorful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

True to the Lonley Planet advice this resturant has tasty authentic food. The owners are a couple that divide the cooking and really take pride in offering flavorful, fresh, plentiful food. We had the goulash and some wonderful lentil soup. They suggested the "mixed grill" which I'm sure would have been fabulous but we had quite of shish to date so we opted for something different and weren't disappointed.

Visited March 2013
Hong Kong
“Service at heart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We came to Ejder following a tip from a local friend; the place was cleas complete with a small open kitchen, the food was really good but it was the service an the human touch that set this place aside. Hakan and Mehmet (and the whole family) were just amazing!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food for omnivores and vegetarians alike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was my favorite restaurant that I ate at during my entire trip to Turkey, which is saying a lot. I was travelling with my vegan fiance and was a little weary that we would both find a restaurant that satisfied us both. Needless to say, Edjer was great and we came back three times. Whether it was a lamb kabob cooked over a fire for me, or stuffed eggplant for her, everything was great. I would also recommend the lentil soup.

The Edjer family was very friendly as well, which made the experience even better. If you are staying in Selcuk, this is the place to go. You can tell that a lot of tourists have stopped here through the years, and in this case, that's a good thing. Edjer Restaurant was featured in the lonely planet travel guide and their guestbook even has a signature from Steve Irwin.

Also, a pro-tip for tourists traveling by the train. If you're looking to stop off for a meal somewhere or coming in from a long day of travel, the restaurant is located within a block from the train station. When you get off the train, you will see the Roman Aqueducts. Edjer restaurant is just to the left of the Aqueducts when you are leaving the train station.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful gastronomic and human experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Me and my friends went for dinner at Ejder Restaurant expecting delicious Turkish food and we did not only get that, but also had a very interesting cultural exchange with the owners of the place who were friendly and helpful as can be. Real Turkish food made made by real Turkish people.

Muchas gracias,