“great holiday returning next year” 5 of 5 stars

Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Pamucak, Selcuk, Selcuk 35340, Turkey   |
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Selcuk
glasgow
“great holiday returning next year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

Just returned from Aqua Fantasy and what a great holiday. Our ages ranged from 4 - 60 years and there was something to do for everyone.

I just want to clarify some things about this hotel which people seem to moan about on this site as we were a bit worried before going after reading the reviews.

All Inclusive - this does not mean that you will not spend a single penny on your holiday. Yes you pay for candy floss, pop corn, or in the sweet shop but go to any other all inclusive hotel in spain or carribean and you will pay for these things as well, the only difference is they are part of the hotel not down in the resort but the benefit is this hotel has these options. If you don't want to pay for them don't buy them! Cooked Breakfast 7am - 10am and continental breakfast from 10 - 11am. Lunch is 12 - 2.30pm but the tropical restuarant is open from 12 - 5pm for lunch and snacks. Dinner from 7pm - 9.30pm but they are not in a rush to kick you out at closing time.

The paid for restuarants meals are actually cooked in the main restuarants and taken through so these people who say the food is better are eating from the same kitchen.

Food - I have never been to a hotel which offer such a great variety. Yes I did see people moan about the food but to look at them I think they lived in their local take away at home so they don't know the meaning of good quality food. Always freshly made fish, chicken, beef, veal every night cooked in front of you. Always a noodle dish, a pasta dish not to mention the various options of salads and meals with a sauce. Also a diet option every night. Freshly made bread and even sushi made in front of you what more do these people want.

Ice Cream - I think one ice cream is enough for a child a day, I am quite sure the people moaning about it don't buy their children two and three ice creams at a time at home!!

Drink - I didn't have a problem with the drinks not watered down to me, you just had to have a look at some of the lets say merry people at the end of the night to know they hadn't been watered down.

Spa - Well worth every penny. I had a turkish bath and 6 massages over my 2 weeks - what else is there to spend your money on, yes you can get it cheaper in the town but you don't have the luxury of walking back to room and also the one in the town is a public one which I have used previously - you pay for your surroundings and it is worth it.

Entertainment team - excellent go out of their way to get to know you. There is poolside games from 10 - 5pm and then football on from 5 - 6pm.

Kids Club - my child only went once but had an excellent time - there was too many things for him to do to go to the kids club.

Rooms - very clean had no problems with the maids. The world side is newest side so the rooms are more modern than the club side. We had 2 three bedded rooms but did ask to see the other rooms for going back next year. The club side was not as modern but very clean and the rooms are not much different.

Only downside of the holiday was the transfer time, but hey we are going back next year so it isn't that bad, it does help with night flights as most people are sleeping on the coach.

Hopefully this review will help you make a sensible decision on booking this hotel in the future - just remember every holiday you go on there are always the professional and persistant complainers.

• Liked — everything on your doorstep
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dundee, Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

Returned a week ago from a fortnight's holiday at Aqua Fantasy.
Found the night time flights a bit rough but no delays & check in at hotel was very efficient. Porters took our luggage to our room whilst we had a quick bite to eat in the Oasis restaurant (at about 5am). After being up all night we slept till just after lunch time which was unfortunate as the snack bar didn't open till 2:30pm and our kids really wanted some food. Our previous experience of all- inclusive meant there was always some kind of food available during the day.
Anyway, the holiday was really good. We couldn't have asked for better weather (about 26+ degrees every day with a lovely breeze). The facilities on site such as the vast number of pools, slides & of course the water park were all excellent. The beach was lovely with a very dark but sparkly sand. We had great fun fishing from the pier and it was lovely watching the sun go down from the end of the pier.
The food was ok but not as good as I had hoped. There was certainly enough variety & plenty salads, etc but I found that a lot of the time the cooked food was luke warm. I couldn't help but think some of the platters of fresh food sat out too long without being covered or refrigerated. Also it would have been good if they had been labelled as sometimes it was impossible to tell what was on offer. At breakfast time there were boiled eggs which were labelled as having been either cooked for 3 minutes or 5 minutes but we cut the tops off both to find they were in fact raw! Also breakfast was advertised as being served till 11am but if you went after 10:15 most of the food had been taken away (including cereals), the toaster was either switched off or taken away and they had removed the plates, cutlery, cups, glasses, etc & turned up some of the chairs so that you couldn't sit where you wanted to. They also often switched off the tea/coffee and juices dispensers so you had to ask the waiters to turn them on or bring you a cup, etc. which they did begrudgingly!
Since returning from our holiday a week ago each member of my family has been ill with diarrhoea, loss of appeptite & some vomitting. I havent been able to eat for a week & handed in a stool sample to my Dr yesterday to try & find out what was wrong. Today I had a phone call from Environmental Health & Public Health stating that I have picked up a highly infectious water borne parasite disease called Cryptosporidium. Turns out this was either caused by something I ate or drank in Aqua Fantasy or I may have caught it whilst swimming in one of the pools there. There is no treatment for this disease which just takes time to leave your system but in the meantime it is pretty grim to endure. It's a sure way to lose weight though!
I wouldn't go back to Aqua Fantasy because of the food and having picked up this horrible parasite. In future when we holiday abroad we will chose a much smaller hotel which doesn't have to cater for thousands of people each day or indeed chose self catering! (but you dont go on holiday to slave over a hot stove every day!)

• Liked — Pools, Beach & Waterpark
  • Disliked — Food
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
warrington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

i went the same time as bestie and my holiday was the complete opposite.
we had a lovley time , a rep met us at the airport .We got to our room which was lovley and completly clean.our balcony veiw was lovley and the cleaners will bend over bacwards for u they do a great job!
the water park was great and we went evrey morning!
the beach was lovley and there we loads of fish,my son loved catching the crabs.
entertainment was great and my 3 year old loved the kids disco evreynight..waiters were all really nice and friendly ,and a couple even rescued me when they saw i was struggling with my drinks!
my family all enjoyed the food although maybe a bit to much and the puddings looked lovley.breakfast we had ommlette which were really lovley.
i dont know why some pepole moan about this holiday so much it was brilliant!!!!
and were also a money family the credit card is so you dont have to carry money around with you and is a great idea , you just go each day and pay at reception.
my son loved the playstation room and i loved going and having a game of bowling in the afternoon!
we have just booked for next year but this time we will be staying for 2 weeks because we love aqua fantasy!!!!!

• Liked — evreyting i cant fault it
  • Disliked — nothing
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
leeds,west yorkshire.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

Hi,we went to this resort for a week on the 2/10/08 till the 10/10/08.This was the longest week of our lives,it was our three childrens first holiday abroad and they actually cried to come home.
We arrived via coach with no air conditioning and no rep,dumped at hotel,given a key card,hotel credit card,and a room nb and then left to our own devices.Hence walking around the complex in the dark with 3 children,5 suitcases for 25 mins looking for room(I wish we'd never found it)it was honestly like a low budget apartment in Butlins not a 4/5 star hotel.
The curtains were hanging off the rail,the verander door was all smashed and broken,the room was dirty.
Our family room for 5 only had 4 beds in it and no living furniture to sit on,we complained straight away(4.30am)and at 6am there was a knock on door and a foldup bed was wheeled in and plonked in between the two single beds we had,leaving no room to move.
The reps were useless,on our return home when the rep spoke to give farewell gargo and said "you all know me"there was a burst of laughter,I don't think anyone had seen her all week.
Back to our week of hell; The food was horrendous, the two restaurants were like cattle markets you had to walk round and round hovering about before diving for an empty table,then you had to hunt for cutlery,and if the Germans got there first you had no chance because they've never heard of first come,first serve or the word Queue.All the crockery was chipped and dirty.The table linen was dirty.We never saw an english meal our whole week,all the food was covered with flys no nets covered anything,cats freely walked round eating area.When cups were finished with, the bar staff on at least four occasions just threw drinks away and then put cups back on shelf to use again without washing.Our children have lost over a stone between the 3 of them,they literally lived off bread,and that was only just edible.
All the pools were freezing,as for the two heated indoor pools,I don't think so,they were colder than the outdoor pools.The jacuzzi was even worse,and the second one was broken and left to stand with water from god knows when in it.
All soft drinks and beer were watered down,i'm not sure what you actually got for your all-inc because you had to pay for nearly everything.I lie,there was a ping-pong table that you could use if you could get hold of a ball.Whoopeee
The whole place smelt of toilets and the actual toilets were horrendous,the one in our room wasn't much better it was all black inside and there was black mould all over the bathroom ceiling.
The complex was so far from anywhere(twenty min bus ride) that they had you when it came to buying things,ie; water £2,mars-bar £1.50,Pringles £4.50,3 rubber rings £50,Haribo sweets £5 and ice-cream that was suppose to be free was limited one each over space of hour and half and then only plain and choc were free,the other ten flavours were over £2 each.Discusting prices.
As for the aqua credit card????? Where does it mention this in the brochure????? If like us your a cash only family then your stumped,because the likes of snooker,pool,tenpin bowling,drinks,ice-creams,candyfloss,aquapark,lockers,food,minibar had to go on the card.
I could go on all day about this holiday.
I would ADVICE ALL TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.
Feel free to contact me,(tonibest@btinternet.com)I'm still at home ill with suspected food poisoning a week after returning,my children are still off school also.
Do not be fooled by photos in brochure,there covering over a complex from hell.....Be warned don't take the risk, when you save all year for a 4/5star holiday thats exactly what you want????????????
I have photos that I will be adding shortly.

• Liked — Nothing to like!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — Can't choose one theres too many!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Staffordshire - England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

My family and I have just returned from Aqua Fantasy, and for the first time ever, we are glad to be home rather than on holiday.
We were on of the unfortunate XL customers but managed to transfere or money onto this holiday. I wish we hadn't bothered and stayed at home.
This is NOT a five star hotel it's a three at best.
It looks clean and the grounds are clean but the rooms are awful.
Our room cleary had not been dusted or vacuum cleaned before we arrived and even after we complained it didn't get done!
The beds are like concrete slabs, the air-con doesn't work, the dirty bed linen is never changed and the dust and muck under the bed is at least an inch thick.
The room maids (except for 1 - Filiz) are thieves. Some of my husbands clothes, part of our first aid kit and even our kids toys all went missing. We had the mini bar in the room emptied as we were told by other guests that the maids were drinking the alcohol and they were getting charged.
The food is disgusting and cold. It is almost the same thing every day. Infact the food is so bad that we all had upset stomachs and my husband was ill in bed for three days. This was also the case for several people we spoke to. We had to go into town to buy food as the shops on site are extortionate. It was £3 for a packet of crisps £1.50 for a chocolate bar. The only time we had hot food that was good was when we ate at the steak house on the resort. It was 30 lira for a four course meal and worth every penny. However, what is the point of all inclusive if you have to pay for the decent food?!
Most of the staff were pleasant and the entertainment team - especielly Borat, were great.
Entertainment was average. Most nights the shows were good but some nights they were awful. The kids disco was nightly at 8:30 but only for 30 minutes. They did repeat the same songs for the kids, but I found that they enjoyed it because they could learn the dance moves and looked forward to going the next night. The guy who ran the kids disco and kids club is realy lovely and really cares for the kids. He always told the parents to look after the kids so they did not get hurt but very few parents listened. One night a small boy fell of the stage which is quite high up and got hurt. What made it worse is that the parents were barely upset but the guy in charge was devastated. I felt so sorry for him.
The most serious things that happened though were when ou 4 year old daughter was electricuted and our 10 year old went missing. In the case of our 4 year old, we were in the games room next to the Irish bar, playing on the Sega car. Our daughter was stood behind it and suddenly screamed. There were live wires sticking out and as she brushed past she got a shock. When our rep confronted the guy in charge he argued and said that it was only 12 volts! UNBELIEVABLE!
In the case of our 10 year old, she had gone to the toilet accross from the restaurant and hadn't returned 5 minutes later. I went to find her only to find the toilets locked for cleaning. We searched the whole resort for her but couldn't find her. I eventually went back to the locked toilets and banged on the door to hear my daugher calling me. The maid was in the toilerts with her and had locked her in whilst she was cleaning. I had never felt so sick in my life. Needless to say, she never went to the toilet by herself again.
The pools are freezing and we spent most of the time in the sea as it is a lot warmer. They are clean though, and they look beautiful.
All i can add to this report, is don,t be fooled by the pictures. Aqua Fantasy is a beautiful looking resort and the staff are mostly nice, but that's as far as it goes.
I would never return to here and will not be reccommending it to anyone.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everyting
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

I have just returned from a week stay at Aqua Fantasy, we had a thoroughly enjoyable time.
I went with a friend, there were lots families with children in varying ages, but this to me was quite obvious there would be as it was a water park! So if you want a quiet holiday not really the ideal location!
There was an adult only pool that we stayed at for the first couple of days, but then went down to the beach, aqua park and other pools for the rest of the week, which were all very nice, clean and tidy.
The weather on the whole was nice, we had a couple of days of thunder storms and showers, but again it is the end of the season so weren't expecting the weather to be great!
The food was nice, such a selection but I can imagine after a week it does get a little boring, also the restaurants were very big, catering for 1000 people in each one, and very busy, we managed to get a table evernight, finding it best to go earlier rather than later.
We went to Planet Yucca a couple of nights, a restaurant in Kusadasi, the food was very good with a wide selection of food on offer, including chinese, indian, mexican, turkish, etc. Also offering a free taxi service to and from the town, and enables you to go shopping before or after your meal, they had live music both nights we were there which was very good. A waiter from the restaurant is around the hotel during the day to make reservations for you. We were slightly anxious about going to the town as we were two young girls on our own, but we felt very safe, the locals were all friendly and helpful towards us, much better than expected!
The room was a standard hotel room, the carpet wasn't the cleanest with some stainsbut the rest of the room and bathroom was clean and tidy.
The entertainment seemed good, with activities for all ages, including shows, bingo, karaoke, live music, etc. (The usual!)
All in all we had a lovely time, for the price we paid it was definately a bargain, the staff were all friendly towards us, and keen to help!
Great Holiday, we would definately go back!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Dinner times - it was very busy! but a wide selection!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

This hotel should definitely NOT be issued with 5 stars, i don't know how they got them at all. The food is repetitive and disgusting, they seem to TRY and cook english food (or what they think english food is!) which is constant chips and whatever meat it is that day. The choice is pretty much the same every day. EVERYTHING is fried. The hotel does LOOK clean and they do seem to have lots of moody staff cleaning all the time, but the plates are never clean, the food pans they use to cook in tastes the same as the food put in them the day before! and the beer pumps are obvoiusly never washed and cleaned through!! so the hotel is only clean on the surface!!!
The rooms are ok but very english style you would never no you are in Turkey. And there is not alot of choice outside the hotel, Kusadasi is a bus ride away, costs £3.50 each,each way, (but if you have a child, pop them on your lap then you dont pay for them!) then you are constantly nagged by rude Turks who question why you dont want to buy anything. Although you can get a fry up for about £2.50 each at Kusadasi but that defeats being all inclusive, we found ourselves going out into Kusadasi to buy food because the hotel was sooo poor!!
And you have another choice of destination which is Selcuk which is a small area near Ephesus other than that theres bugger all!!
Turkey was very cloudy when we were there and i think that is pretty much all we go for - the sunny weather, so i would never ever recommend Turkey or the Aqua fantasy hotel....... well unless your common, or chavy, like chips and can drink your monies worth of beer whilst you there.. then you will pretty much be in your element!!

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — all of it!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!