Just returned from Aqua Fantasy and what a great holiday. Our ages ranged from 4 - 60 years and there was something to do for everyone.
I just want to clarify some things about this hotel which people seem to moan about on this site as we were a bit worried before going after reading the reviews.
All Inclusive - this does not mean that you will not spend a single penny on your holiday. Yes you pay for candy floss, pop corn, or in the sweet shop but go to any other all inclusive hotel in spain or carribean and you will pay for these things as well, the only difference is they are part of the hotel not down in the resort but the benefit is this hotel has these options. If you don't want to pay for them don't buy them! Cooked Breakfast 7am - 10am and continental breakfast from 10 - 11am. Lunch is 12 - 2.30pm but the tropical restuarant is open from 12 - 5pm for lunch and snacks. Dinner from 7pm - 9.30pm but they are not in a rush to kick you out at closing time.
The paid for restuarants meals are actually cooked in the main restuarants and taken through so these people who say the food is better are eating from the same kitchen.
Food - I have never been to a hotel which offer such a great variety. Yes I did see people moan about the food but to look at them I think they lived in their local take away at home so they don't know the meaning of good quality food. Always freshly made fish, chicken, beef, veal every night cooked in front of you. Always a noodle dish, a pasta dish not to mention the various options of salads and meals with a sauce. Also a diet option every night. Freshly made bread and even sushi made in front of you what more do these people want.
Ice Cream - I think one ice cream is enough for a child a day, I am quite sure the people moaning about it don't buy their children two and three ice creams at a time at home!!
Drink - I didn't have a problem with the drinks not watered down to me, you just had to have a look at some of the lets say merry people at the end of the night to know they hadn't been watered down.
Spa - Well worth every penny. I had a turkish bath and 6 massages over my 2 weeks - what else is there to spend your money on, yes you can get it cheaper in the town but you don't have the luxury of walking back to room and also the one in the town is a public one which I have used previously - you pay for your surroundings and it is worth it.
Entertainment team - excellent go out of their way to get to know you. There is poolside games from 10 - 5pm and then football on from 5 - 6pm.
Kids Club - my child only went once but had an excellent time - there was too many things for him to do to go to the kids club.
Rooms - very clean had no problems with the maids. The world side is newest side so the rooms are more modern than the club side. We had 2 three bedded rooms but did ask to see the other rooms for going back next year. The club side was not as modern but very clean and the rooms are not much different.
Only downside of the holiday was the transfer time, but hey we are going back next year so it isn't that bad, it does help with night flights as most people are sleeping on the coach.
Hopefully this review will help you make a sensible decision on booking this hotel in the future - just remember every holiday you go on there are always the professional and persistant complainers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel and outstanding Water Park located at Izmir’s famous Ephesus Beach. Aqua Fantay’s guests are just miles away from some of the worlds most historical places such as the legendary city of Ephesus, Virgin Mary’s House, Artemis Temple and Şirince Village. Aqua Fantasy is just 5 km (3 miles) from Ephesus, 8 km (5 miles) to the famous holiday town of Kusadası, 8 km (5 miles) to the city of Selcuk and 55 km (34 miles) to Izmir International Airport.Whether preferring lively water activities and fun slides, Aqua Fantasy is the perfect retreat for water lovers. The quiet surroundings, comfortable accommodation, wonderful views and great beachfront location make this a perfect family escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel And Spa
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel Aquapark
- Aqua Fantasy Selcuk