“Had a fantastic time, but not all inclusive.” 4 of 5 stars

Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Pamucak, Selcuk, Selcuk 35340, Turkey   |
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Selcuk
Milton Keynes
“Had a fantastic time, but not all inclusive.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

Just came back after a week at this hotel, I went with my son, daughter in law and two grandchildren, 8 and 4 years.

We all loved this holiday,

The rooms were very clean and spacious, We faced the large swimming pool on the ground floor. rooms 2103/2104.
The food here was OK not great, but we all found something we liked.

The A'la Carte restaurants are all chargeable which I feel at an all inclusive was wrong, I have been to many all inclusive hotels and never before have I been charged for any food!

I agree with previous reviews in that the bars only do a few drinks in the all inclusive. this I also felt was not right, and we also spent a lot on the card buying, food, drink and ice creams,

So if you are going to this hotel, and I would still recommend it please dont go with no money, as this is NOT all inclusive.

The Aqua Park we found to be great, the kids loved it. again though you pay for drinks and food, unless you leave lunch time and go back to hotel to eat then return to park, we did this one day, after paying the previous day.

Entertainment was not bad, they tried, but the kids loved it, so it was good to us. We went to the bar next door to the Aqua Park one evening this, it is advertised in the hotel receptiuon. This I recommend, food great, entertainment great, and real drinks.

My only big disappointment with this holiday was the flight and journey, we booked with First Choice and they have merged with Thompsons, the flight we had was like Easy Jet,
No television, No radio, four and half hours of boredom. and trying to entertain the children.

The transfer was terrible as well, it took our driver nearly 3 hours to get from Bodrum Airport to the hotel. I wanted to get out and push he was that slow. Scooters were overtaking us.

Going back took 2 hours, better but a long way and a 4 and half hour boring flight ahead of us.

I would definetly go back to this hotel, but I would do my own transfers, it takes 1 and half hours in a taxi,
I would also take more cash and treat this hotel as half board, as to me it is no more.

• Liked — Swimming Pools,
  • Disliked — Not all inclusive for all food & drinks
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milton Keynes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

1st May 2008 - 8th May 2008

We have just got back from a week at AquaFantasy. The hotel is lovely, with lots to do....We stayed in the World Complex which has better facilities than Club in my opinion, although you can use all of the facillities anyway so that's no problem.

The Water Park is great fun!.....The hotel has plenty of swimming pools too.....

Kussadasi Town is only 5 miles away and you can take the hotel bus or a local Bus there for only a couple of Lira each (taxi's are 20 Lira). The town has lots of shops and bazzars to keep you occupied, and it is great fun haggling the price down for "genuine" fake designer goods!.....

Just a word of warning about the Hotel though.....The All-Inclusive drinks etc finish at 11pm, After that you have to pay for what you drink....This is paid for on a Hotel credit card which is given to you when you first check in and has a credit limit of 300lira already on it. This is not free money, but just a limit that you are available to spend if you wish, you will get charged for whatever you use on the card when you check out at the end of your holiday. (Afew guests did get caught out by this and thought the 300lira was theres to spend!)

The food is all very continental, but does have chips burgers and pizza's too....we loved all the food and had no complaints....

The hotel staff are very freindly and willing to help....The hotel is spotlessly clean too!

The evening shows are a bit of fun. We watched a stage dance version of Grease on the first night which was entertaining....

The hotel was probably running at half capacity when we were there so we had no probs doing all we wanted and getting first choice tables when dining...I would imagine that it can get quite hectic during the height of season though......

Beach is nice, but has quite a bit of seaweed first thing in the moring, but this is cleared everyday by hotel staff....the see is clear, although can be choppy at times...it is warmer than the swimmingpools which were very cold!......

Peddelo's and cannoes are free on the beach too......you can also jetski, bannana boat etc, but this is at extra cost....

Oh and DO NOT buy anything from the hotel shops!...You can get everything at at least 5 times as less in Kussadasi town.

Hope this helps...

• Liked — Water Park - Food - Cleanliness - Freindly Staff
  • Disliked — All-inclusive stopped at 11pm - Very expensive shops on the complex
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Wales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2008

We [me and boyfriend] stayed at Aqua Fantasy from 1st - 8th May after walking into a First Choice shop and offered a weeks All Inclusive holiday for £260. We both really did not fancy going to Turkey but after friends good experiences, thought we'd give it a try, especially with the good deal.

For a start, the flight times are terrible! Scheduled from Bristol at 22.20 we knew it would be quite a bad night and a 2 hour delay didn't help. Anyway, when we finally got to the hotel at 9am we went straight for breakfast - all was good. The food throughout the week was very good, lots of variety and you certainly did not go hungry. The only complaint I had was the hours in which you could get food. The snacks of pizza, chips, spaghetti etc. finished at 4pm and then it was doghnuts [highly recommend these] and disgusting biscuits - then you'd have to wait until 7.30pm to get tea. Not the best of times if you just need a little something after sunbathing on the beach [which is a bit mucky - great sunset though], but then not a huge problem. Good thing is after tea and a few bevvies you can go for Midnight soup - we loved that.

They call this an All Inclusive hotel too, which is not right. If you wanted anything other than beer, vodka and whisky you had to pay. I don't mind beer but am a Malibu drinker and paying over 20 lira for one was absolutely pathetic since the glasses were tiny! On our first night we went downstairs to the club which conveniently opens after the All Inclusive hours are finished and spent 207 lira!!!!!! Be careful with your 'charge card' because you'll get a big suprise the next morning.

Plus, if you wanted to dine at one of the many A la Carte restaurants this was also chargeable. We ate at the steak house and were really suprised....if you book any of these restaurants make sure you go hungry.

Rooms are impressive [they even have carpets]. We had a boring view overlooking the staff quarters and some dodgy looking tractors, but were in the block which overlooks the adult only pool. I think our room was 2632 and it's not a great room since it's next to the stairs. This was a huge problem for me since I am a light sleeper and could hear everything which kept me awake despite being up until at least 2am every morning. Also, what didn't help was the party of people that I can only describe as the cast of 'Shameless' which were opposite us who basically took advantage of the 'free' drinks all day and every day and who decided to have 'domestics' [which resulted in a hospital visit] at 4am when finally deciding to put their exhausted kids to bed! Unreal.

Kusadasi was much better than I thought it would be. You get less hassle there than you do in the hotel [yep, watch out for the sleazy workers down at the beach bar]. We went down to the marina with people we met at the hotel and had a great night which ended up on Bar Street.

We also went on the lazy days cruise which we booked with our First Choice reps - this was a good day too which included drinks all day and barbequed food for lunch.

We also ventured to the waterpark on site which was a lot smaller than I thought but we had great fun there. Bit disappointed with the lazy river and the waves, since they don't really work. Also, only certain slides were open at times which could be a bit boring but I think that was because it was early season and lack of staff. We had a good time there anyway.

On our last day we had to be out of the rooms by 12pm. This is not good for the Bristol flight which doesn't take off until 5.20am the next day! Coaches picked us up at 2am. We spoke to the reps about this because we only actually had our room for 6 nights - they say that the Thursday night was included in our holiday which we felt was wrong since the scheduled time of arrival is approx 6am [not really a whole night]. So, we had to pay 90 lira to keep our room until 11pm. It only worked out at around £30 but we felt that we shouldn't have had to pay at all. Reps were quite unhelpful with that.

All in all, this hotel is fantastic for families, rooms and public areas was absolutely spotless. The food was brilliant too. The only downside is the All Inclusive hours and the prices of things after those hours.

I don't know how the families with young children did this trip, I certainly wouldn't book a holiday with those flight times but then most people did go for 2 weeks, nice for us as the plane was not even half full on the way home.

I would recommend this hotel though, it was a lot better than expected despite my negative comments.

• Liked — The rooms were great and the Turkish bath!!!
  • Disliked — The noise from 'Shameless' family
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2008

We arrived after a slight delay in manchester on the 8th May, First Choice had moved us to this hotel just a week and half before we left...we really wanted a quite break....it was fine the hotel is big enough to offer something for everyone, we used the adult pool which was for a change just for adults...the gym, indoor pool area and beach were all fine.

We had sent an email asking for a quiet room high floor and pool view also mentioned it was our 25th anniversary, all our requests were met + a bottle of wine and fruit basket in the room on arrival...room was lovely and kept spotless at all times.
We were in room 2765 we did however not manage a quite time as a few days later the loudest person in the hotel was put into the next room...she must have liked the sound of her own voice!!!
I would say the all inclusive was fine we only drink soft drinks so had no problem on the time limits, the mini bar needs to go- too expensive and should be filled on request with just what has been ordered...but again just paid up the night before checkout + booked the room for a late checkout..12 until 11pm for £39 it was a good move!
This was a good hotel with no problems food the usual but a little bit samey even after just a few days...but we did find something at each meal (and no chance of over doing at as can happen on some all in)
We used first choice for the full day ephesus trip which we enjoyed with a great well informed guide £32 each which was ok. Took the dolmus into kusadasi ..the market was on and was great....they will take lira euro and £'s most signs were in euro we also had a good look around and had a lunch of kebabs they were lovely and very reasonable.
Overall the hotel was good for both children and adults alike and we would recommend it without worry.

• Liked — Just about all of the complex
  • Disliked — The mini bar and the loudmouth next door!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2008

I read many of the reviews on here before we went, they were so conflicting I was worried what I had let myself in for!

My wife, daughter and I went from 8th-16th May 2008, for my 28th birthday. Daughter is 2 1/2. Booked through first choice.
It was terrible flight times, we arrived in the hotel 6am, after leaving for Bristol international at 7pm. There was about an hour delay on the outbound flight. Unfortuneately, this classed as our first nights stay.
Adnan Menendes airport has no sense of urgency about it, with one person stamping visas, and 3 on the passport control, it took about an hour to get to our coach. Coming home was much worse, took the 2 hours just to check-in, no time to look round the duty-free!
The hotel itself is immaculate. Modern design, well laid out, and spotless.
We were on the World side, on entrance level (room 2440). e had the previously mentioned river view. OK, it does smell a bit, but you soon get used to it. There is A/C in the room anyway, so you don't need to open the doors. As we walked alongside it to get to the beach, we noticed lots of fish and even a few turtles, which the Little 'un loved!
I didn't think the beach was that bad at all really, mind you my local beach is Weston Super Mare! There is some kind of grassy weed that washes up, but no more than you'd expect to see seaweed. The sand itself is very coarse, but it has a glassy look. If you stand and watch the sand move about at the water's edge, it kind of looks like those magic-sand pictures that were big in the 90's!
Food and drink were excellent. OK, the All Inclusive hours are pretty poor, but the quality of the food was lovely. The majority of the complaints of the food seem to be by the same people complaining about the size of the drinks. All I will say is the chips weren't great.......
They had themes for each night, one I remember was Italian, traditional Turkish, and even Sushi. there is also a Planet Yucca just opened up on the site, although this isn't included. After hours the beer was a silly price, about £3 for barely a half (Yucca was the same price for nearly a pint). In the main bars you do get proper glasses, only around pools and the beach is it plastic (can't quite see the problem anyway.......)

The entertainment was a bit of a mixed bag. The first time we went to the anthitheatre, they had the Shrek show. My daughter absolutelt loved it. A few days later we saw in the lobby, there was a "Tarzan & Jane" show. Imagine our luck-we had something to negotiate good behaviour with. Sadly, although it was advertised with Disney toys, it was a tacky drag act, from Butlins, c. 1992. The guilt was incedible, thank you Aqua Fantasy! And of course, the main stage doesn't start until 9:30. It's bad for the AI, but more importantly, it's bad for the kids.

The area itself is lovely, we went to Kusadasi, Selcuk and the Adaland water park. We went on two excursions, both booked through Symphony travel in Kusadasi. We both went for the half day Ephesus tour, plus my wife went for an all-day Horse safari, including a walk into the sea on horseback, for less than the trip to Ephesus with FC.
One of the reps really got on my nerves; I went to her, not with a complaint, more with a suggestion how to sort out the problems with the wi-fi, and she jumped down my throat, telling my that the problem MUST be with my computer, and the other 5 people I spoke to's machines. even the other rep said he'd had run ins with her, "that's just her way". Well then, she shouldn't be in public relations.....

Overall, an excellent holiday ruined sadly by the nation that we all love so much!

• Liked — clenliness, food,
  • Disliked — distance from anything, the chavs, late entertainment
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
cheshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

Went to aqua fantasy in october place itself is very clean and rooms are very nice down points were the food was very tasteless although there was alot of choice.
The beer is awful and the choice of alcohol drinks on the all inclusive is very poor. Anything that you have to buy is very expensive including bottled water or crisps chocolate etc.
The resturants that you can pay to eat in are really good and the food is outstanding but it makes you think why cant they give you the same in the all inclusive instead of the bland swill.
Myself and my partner both became ill whilst away and my partner had to see the doctor.Couldnt make are mind up if it was caused by the food or the water park but spoke to alot of people who also had suffered from the same symtoms.
The entertainment laid on by the park is very limited and due to there being no bars or resturants within miles of the place you were stuck with it.The general view on the long journey back to the airport was that it was very poor and most people would not be returning.

• Liked — Very clean and was comfortable best thing about the place is the room
  • Disliked — There is no decent tv channels
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Aberdeen, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

Going back in October this year as its just the best holiday ever! had so much fun last time i was here. going with a much bigger group this time though. Cant waittt!!

anyone else going in October?

• Liked — Waterpark
  • Disliked — nothing! everything was perfect!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!