I booked a 10 day holiday at the Aqua Fantasy through First Choice Holidays for September 2012. First Choice were excellent in the service and information given prior to departure and whilst in resort. The transfer was even quicker than advertised too.
There is no doubt about it; the main attraction at Aqua Fantasy is the water park. There are no shortage of rides, most of which can be used in groups or with a partner which makes the experience more enjoyable. The drinks and food inside the water park are chargeable, but you are never more than a minutes’ walk away from your all inclusive hotel perks.
Check in was brief and we were given a map to the resort which gives you some perspective as to its enormous size. Coach loads of people arrive every day (lots of Brits) and the main pool area is very busy with numerous activities and reps desperately trying to encourage participation in water polo etc. all day long. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle, then there is a quiet pool which lives up to its name and is very tranquil.
The food is generally good, there are two main buffet restaurants and they serve a good selection of traditional Turkish and international cuisine. If you are anything like me, you may get tired of eating at the same place three times a day for ten days, in which case you can book into one of the three a la carte restaurants (Chinese, steak, Indian), - the hotel gives you one meal free and then you can book other nights for a relatively small charge. The Chinese and steak was very nice, whilst the Indian was more like the Uncle Bens out of a jar variety.
Given the location of the resort, it was difficult to venture out of the hotel without an organised taxi or coach trip so we organised two of these via First Choice- one to a traditional Turkish bath and another to ancient Ephesus- both were excellent and a welcome relief from the resort as I can start to feel institutionalised after a while staying in the same place- besides it’s nice to see something of the country you are in.
Do not expect excellent customer service at the Aqua Fantasy, nor cocktails of the mojito variety (spirit and mixers only) and do not expect a golden sandy beach.
You can expect sunshine; you can expect good leisure/pool facilities, excellent entertainment for children and families and good value for money.
Set your expectations accordingly and you will be sure to get the most out of your trip :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel and outstanding Water Park located at Izmir’s famous Ephesus Beach. Aqua Fantay’s guests are just miles away from some of the worlds most historical places such as the legendary city of Ephesus, Virgin Mary’s House, Artemis Temple and Şirince Village. Aqua Fantasy is just 5 km (3 miles) from Ephesus, 8 km (5 miles) to the famous holiday town of Kusadası, 8 km (5 miles) to the city of Selcuk and 55 km (34 miles) to Izmir International Airport.Whether preferring lively water activities and fun slides, Aqua Fantasy is the perfect retreat for water lovers. The quiet surroundings, comfortable accommodation, wonderful views and great beachfront location make this a perfect family escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel And Spa
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel Aquapark
- Aqua Fantasy Selcuk