“Very helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ataturk Mah, 1012 Sok No 2 | City Center, Selcuk 35920, Turkey   |
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Selcuk
“Very helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I arrived on an overnight bus and the owner picked me up on his motorcycle at midnight. When I got to the hotel I realized I left my passport in my last hostel. The owner was able to get me into a room with my normal ID and spent over an hour on the phone calling people to get my passport back. Extremely helpful and nice people.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Basic place, similar to hostel. Double room was big, and clean. The bathroom was a good size and shower was separate not with toilet like many in turkey. Staff were very friendly and helpful, gave information without having to ask. However was a bit noisy overnight, and rooms felt dusty, but were clean, and smelt like they needed air. I would stay again but only for one night, was pretty basic. Breakfast also basic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We arrived by bus and coincidentally the owner happened to be waiting for arrivals and walked us the short distance to the hotel. All staff were extremely friendly and more than willing to help out with any request. They organised a load of washing to be done within a few hours. The room was simple but clean and good for the price. Breakfast was plentiful and fresh. The location was perfect as it is right nearby all eateries and the brilliant Saturday market. We were leaving on a midnight train and they were more than happy for us to relax in their lounge room (with many big couches) and use free wifi all day, great added bonus!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Selcuk, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Very good location and friendly staff. Room (double) was basic and showers a bit weak but more than good enough for just the one night. Unfortunately the room was not that sound proof enough to block out the 5:30am call to prayer. Another downside was the breakfast which was mostly gone by 9:15 but still got exactly what we wanted from this reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ballarat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a central location close to the bus and train stations. Restaurants, supermarket etc all close by too. The double room on the second floor was clean and comfortable. The air con worked well. The staff were very friendly and helped in the booking of Ephesus tour, Samos and other activities. Breakfast is included. This hotel is good value for money.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a double room and it was really clean and comfortable. The shower was huge and the air-con worked perfectly. They also did a huge load of washing for us. The hotel doesn't have a elevator so make sure you like stairs.

The breakfast was awesome, with yogurt, fruits, cereal, spreads and Turkish tea!

The owner and his wife were so helpful! They picked us up, gave us heaps of advice and helped us book all of our tours! Not only did they help book tours in selcuk they helped with our tour to Gallipoli and then Istanbul! So helpful!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

All of the staff here made me feel so welcomed! After a long overnight bus they directed me to the hotel, and helped me sort out all of my tours. Actually, that evening when I needed to go to a pharmacy, the manager said the closest ones were closed so he personally took me on his moto to another one to help me get what I needed. Like all Turkish people, these guys are so hospitable, respectful, friendly, and warm! Definitely go visit them, and Definitely a good value too! :)

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Artemis Hotel? Share your experiences!