We spent the October / November 2012 half term at the hotel.
- very good food with lots of variety.
- excellent value for the all inclusive deal
- large grounds to explore
- food and drink throughout the day (not always the case with AI)
- great base for sightseeing (eg Ephesus and the Temple of Artemis are 10 mins away)
- most rooms seem to have sea views
- despite it being the off season, the animation team were still working
- excellent spa and turkish bath on site (extra charge for these, apart from the sauna which is free to use)
- the hotel is right next to the beach, with various activities on offer (tennis, table tennis, basketball, archery, etc)
- warmer indoor pool, as well as the outdoor pool
- public areas were kept spotlessly clean
- the hotel offers an early morning buffet, which is available from midnight. This was appreciated, given our arrival time was late at night.
- as it was off season the hotel was quiet, so lots of sun loungers available, no queues, etc
- friendly staff
- all drinks (including alcohol) part of AI including the pool bar and mini bar (apart from alcohol at the restaurant)
- helpful reception staff, who helped us out a few times by making calls to our unreliable local tour rep
- have to pay for the room safe (4.50 TL per night) - not what you'd expect from a 5 star rated hotel. Our safe didn't initially work, and when repaired it still didn't work properly, so had to re-set it every time it was opened
- service was a bit average (eg maid service came mid afternoon, and often didn't restock the mini-bar)
- business centre only had one PC, so difficult to get access even in the off season. Have to pay for this, and connection is quite slow
- the children's disco started at 9:30pm, a bit late for our daughter, and often not enough children for it to run (partly due to it being the off season so not many children about, but timing likely to be a factor as well)
- they have a separate pool with three water slides - our daughter's favourite feature of the hotel - but it was closed after our second day.
- as it was off season, some other offerings weren't available - eg the restaurants in the grounds, hair salon
- you have to pay more than the face value of stamps at the hotel shop
Our main gripe was that we had booked a room for two adults and one child. The hotel didn't have any triple rooms, so we had booked a double room with an extra bed. On arrival - we got to our room just before midnight - there was no third bed. When a couple of staff came to put it up they had to remove a load of furniture and with the third bed in place you couldn't open the door to the balcony. We have often stayed in double rooms with a third bed added, but had never been given a room that was clearly not big enough. We complained and were told that the hotel was full and no other rooms were available, but if a larger one became available we would have to pay extra. In the end we unpacked , which had to be done in shifts because there was so little room, and got to bed about 2am. Escalating to a more senior manager the following morning we were told it was the UK travel agent's fault, as they inspect the rooms, and not the hotel's fault. However, we were given a free upgrade to a room that could fit a third bed with an appropriate amount of room. The hotel was not full - I would be surprised if it was half full, so it was disappointing that we had to wait to the following day for the problem to be sorted - it meant we wasted time re-packing, moving rooms, and unpacking again when we just wanted to start our holiday. However, in the hotel's favour it was eventually resolved to our satisfaction, and the reception staff were very good thereafter. We orignally had a club standard garden room and were moved to a standard sea view room - so if you are planning to book with two adults and one child in the same room, do not book a standard garden room (we were advised they are all the same size).
Once we had moved rooms, we had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. We were also lucky with the weather, and there were some amazing sunsets.
The hotel's location means that there is a good connection to Izmir airport which is 40 mins away (the transfer to Bodrum airport is well over 2 hours).
Having completed the individual ratings below, this leads to an overall rating of 4. It would have been lower if the problem with our room had not been resolved.
Go for the sea view rooms, not the garden view rooms.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.