“this is the only place to eat cop-sis” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 87 Restaurants in Selcuk
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“this is the only place to eat cop-sis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Cop-sis (chop-shish) is small cubes of fresh lamb on a small wooden skewer cooked on charcoal bbq; particular to this part of Turkey. I have been to this restaurant since I was a kid, the authenticity and the taste have not changed. Do not fill your stomach with starters (mezes), go straight for the cop-sis. If you want more, just ask for an addition without the sides; just say "tek sade ilave". Excellent place to have a meal after a visit to nearby Ephesus. We had "supangile" (kind of chocolate mousse) after the meat; went surprisingly down very well. The service is efficient. Do not expect too much smile on a busy day: they are busy and they have been doing this business for more than 50 years.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Izmir, Turkey
“Beware- Avoid! Terrible Service, Rude Staff, Ordinary Food & High Prices!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I warned my wife and the couple we were together that this place does not deserve its fame at all because of my bad experience when I visited here about 10 years ago. We decided to give another chance and believe me it was much worse. Perhaps the owners and the managers think that they are really serving extraordinary good food and that's maybe why they think they have the right to be arrogant. There's nothing special at all, our food was served cold, we have ordered 1,5 portion for each but what we got was hardly 1 portion in a usual restaurant. When we asked the waiter to double confirm if it was really 1,5, the answer we have received was shocking. He answered us very rudely and said "we serve the same amount of portion since I was born". You can have a pretty good meal in an upper grade restaurant for the same money. It might be that your tour operator would like to take you there in order to get a comission, but if you can try to avoid!

• Visited April 2013