“Mary's House Turkey” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House)

Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House)
Orman Yolu Park, Ephesus, Turkey, Selcuk, Turkey
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
Special Offer
$340*
and up
Ephesus and the House of Virgin Mary Day Trip...
Ranked #12 of 42 Attractions in Selcuk
Type: Ancient Ruins, Cultural
Activities: City walk sightseeing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Several years after the death of Christ, St. John brought the Virgin Mother to this house located on the slopes of Bülbül Mountain. It is believed the Virgin Mary lived in this house until she died at the age of 64.
Roseville, Minnesota
24 attraction reviews
“Mary's House Turkey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The signboards with information explaining what documents that Mary lived in this area were helpful. The line was long for walking through the small building. We were asked to walk through in silence and keep moving. The countryside views approaching the area were lovely and gave a favorable impression of Turkey.

Visited July 2013

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida, United States
67 attraction reviews
“Interesting but not at the top of my list.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We visited here while on a tour in Kusadasi and on our way to see the City of Ephesus.
This definitely is an amazing historic site and worth seeing. However, if you are trying to fit as much into your day to Kusadasi as most people try to accomplish, this could easily be skipped.
I mean no disrespect to the religious and historical importance of this site. I however, know that when travelling it is important to prioritize what you will see.
Unless you have an excess of time on your visit, skip this and go straight to Ephesus to try to avoid the lines and the afternoon sun you will encounter there.

Visited July 2013
Targoviste, Romania
10 attraction reviews
“Don't miss The Virgin Mary's House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wow... Our Guide tell as the wishes you will put here believing with all our soul will come true... I was not so convince about that, like a simple human person that I am ... So I put a wish, extremly improbable almost impossible (like 99,9999...%) and I wish it to happened in...2 days because was my birthday in 2 days... You can believe me or not, but in 2 days, what I wish it come's true and I have the most wonderful Birthday I ever have... and all what I wish it come's true. I say: Try it !!! Of course I didn't want to go to the moon... just close by... ha, ha, ha...
Anyway, after we arrived we follow the way to the house, go inside, make a cross to our chest, say a prayer in our mind, go on our nee and go out on an other door. No pictures allowed inside. Are candles inside and you can take to light is outside. Put some money in the box for the expense to keep all this working, no matter how much you can put it... I so there all king of religions... all colors... we are the same. After we light outside the candls and put it in the special places, we go down at the stairs and take water from the 4 springs who comes from below of the house... Take bottles from hotel and also make before the papers with wishes and also something you can tight it at the wishes wall ... And yes, we feel much tranquil s after that.. Like a hand take all the worries from my mind ... Don't miss it.

New York, New York, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Too Little Too Fast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm neither Catholic nor religious, so taking the long trapse up to the Virgin Mary's house (?), which was in a lovely location, and then waiting in a long line to spend two minutes walking through a small stone house was not worth the effort or the time. Too crowded.

Cairo, Egypt
3 attraction reviews
“Most fascinating activity around Izmir”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a great time visiting the Virgin Mary's house. The way to the top of mt. Koressos is full of beautiful scenery, and the house itself is a piece of heaven, you feel a lot of peace and serenity from the moment you step inside.