“Best All Inclusive Holiday we have been on-” 4 of 5 stars

Ephesus Princess
Rumeli Cad No 16/6, Selcuk 80220, Turkey   |
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Selcuk
Somerset
“Best All Inclusive Holiday we have been on-”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Me and My husband travelled here for our honeymoon on the 18th September for 7 days. We arrived at reception at 2050, to be told by the receptionist to go and have something to eat as the restaurant was closing , which we did. Check in was speedy and we were in the villas, (villa block 7 right at the back of the complex) this was not a problem for us. We were driven to our room by the porter.
First impressions of room-
Very Clean, Basic but you get what you pay for. The bathroom however looked like it had been refurbished compared to the rest of the room. The shower was amazing! Separate bedroom to the front room with air con in both rooms! which I will add we did not need at all! it was lovely and cool in our apartment (lots of people moaning about there air con not working in the welcome meeting) Mini fridge stocked daily with one bottle of Cola, Fanta , water and sparkling water (some days we were lucky to have two bottles of Fanta/coke!)
clean towels every day.
they only supply one pillow per bed! we had two singles pushed together, which wasn't a problem but I did loose my husband quite a few times in between the beds!!! :)

The hotel itself is lovely! Free WiFi which was a bonus, was nice to be able to contact home without the massive charges of text messages. The pools were lovely (freezing cold mind!!!) we never had a problem getting a sun bed, there was always plenty around the main pool and the mini pools, which is where we sat daily.

The restaurant was always clean and tidy, the only times we found it busy and had to queue was in the evenings. There was always plenty of choice , there was always a chicken/turkey/fish/beef/lamb. I am VERY fussy and there was only one night I struggled to eat and that was Turkish night!!! I found it hard to fault the food. there was always plenty of desserts, which were regularly topped up, fresh fruit and a massive salad bar!
breakfast there was plenty of choice too, toasties, pancakes scrambled eggs fried eggs baked beans, fresh fruit biscuits Turkish delight cereal the list is endless!
if you didn't fancy the restaurant at lunchtimes you could eat down on the beach bar which the food was just as good! the had a salad bar and served pasta dishes, pizza, burgers, chips ect
the food from the restaurant wasn't always hot...but then what do you expect when people leave the lids open!!!

the only downfall to our holiday was the Thomas cook rep, entertaintment and the location- we knew it was out the way of Kusidasi but we didn't realise how far!! we have been to Marmaris and loved it there. we didn't enjoy the entertainment in the hotel so found the evenings boring so we thought we would venture into kusadasi but it wasn't for us. Our honeymoon would have been perfect in this hotel with Marmaris as a location!!!

The hotel didn't have many English parties in it ..again this wasn't a problem

Our Thomas cook rep was AWFUL!!! she was rude and just wasn't interested!!! on our card we received when we landed our welcome meeting was at 2pm. when we got to our hotel the board said 1030am...so we were a little confused. When we went down on Thursday morning the board had been updated and said the welcome meeting was at 3pm!! MEGA CONFUSSED so we went to reception at 2pm and waiting for 15 minutes but nobody turnt up! we messaged Thomas cook via email and received an email the next morning, we had never been to kusadasi so wanted to know how to get into the town ect, they told us our rep should have left a booklet for us to be taken to our room as we missed the meeting, we went to reception and nothing had been left. we decided to catch our rep at the next time she was in the hotel....SHE WAS NOT APPROCHABLE she basically called us liars and that she was at reception at 2pm...we found out later by another woman that our rep DID NOT turn up till nearly 2.30!!

we booked the water park through the hotel....it works out MUCH CHEAPER than booking via Thomas cook our paying on the door. we went to Adaland and it was a great day out!!!!!!!

this was the first hotel we had been to that actually gave out free ice creams (between 5& 6!)
you could never go hungry in this hotel!

the bar was good, never really had to queue , they certainly don't hold back on there alcoholic measures!! cocktails included in the all inclusive package!

Thomas cook rate this hotel as a 4* ..... trip advisor say its a 5*...I would defiantly say it is closer to the 5* mark!!
(the villas and apartments I would say are 4*)
all in all we had a lovely honeymoon, would I return to this hotel.....Maybe....would I recommend this hotel to my family and friends...YES!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely horrendous holiday. I feel robbed of our hard earned money. I went along with my family including my daughter of 22months.
I was hospitalised for two of the days and in the room very poorly for the rest of the days! I was diagnosed with acute gastroenteritis which is a bacterial infection, which I 100% put down to the cleanliness of this hotel.

Here's just a few of the problems
*Our room which we payed more for stunk the whole duration of the holiday, it was an awful sewage smell, we repeatedly visited reception about this problem and was never sorted....oh apart from air freshener being sprayed!
*Whilst in the shower several times the water would block and fill in the bath and would turn brown! Vile!!!! Obviously something wrong with the sewage systems
*We woke up the evening after me getting out of hospital to a flooded bathroom, a grid above the toilet was leaking, where it came from I don't know but flooded the whole bathroom this was at 3am, I had to go to reception to get them come fix the problem all he did was wipe up the mess with OUR towels! No disinfectant used!
*Whilst sat in the toilet the grid above would repeatedly drip on your back, lovely experience!
*Three toilets in the whole hotel which were never cleaned!
*somebody from the balcony above had been sick on to our balcony....we asked reception to send someone up to clean and sterilise the balcony, a cleaner came up and wiped up the sick with a wet towel! No bleach used, the smell out there was horrendous, we complained a lot about this they even sent someone up to clean it up and she sprayed air freshener to mask the problem! No one bit of bleach was used!
*Very dirty high chairs, having a child travelling with us we wanted a clean place to stay, this is not the high chairs were disgusting never wiped, I the end I had to clean them myself.
*Sick around the pool on several occasions and when I'd walk by a few hours later, still there!
*The restaurant feels like up your in a prison camp you have to que for ages at least 15minutes to get to the food you want
*No change of getting in the a la carte restaurants unless you want to que every morning at 8:30am for an hour to book in reception, a joke!!!!
*All together there were 6 of us and 4 out of the 6 were very poorly, I spoke with many people at the hotel who's family's we're experiencing the same things.

I could go on and on and on about this awful hotel just please don't book it, it really was an awful place we spent nearly £3,000 on this holiday for 3 of us, for that I'd expect a 4* this is barely a 2*

A huge complaint is going in to Thomas cook

Please get in touch with me if you had a similar experience

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Benfleet, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

It was our first trip to Turkey.As i wanted to see Ephesus i looked for Hotels not too far away.
We were so pleased with our choice of Hotel.We couldn't really fault it.It was very good value for money.There was so much choice at mealtimes.We had one Italian a la cart meal,which was lovely.
But the main Buffet room was really good,so we didn't book anymore.The apartment we had was huge.
It had 2 bedrooms a lounge a very good shower room kitchen area and a nice balcony.Set in lovely gardens.Very clean the fridge was restocked every day with coke water and fizzy orange at no extra charge.The entertainment was worth watching.We will probably go back to the same Hotel.
It had a lot of steps from the beach to the apartments but there is a good tractor service to take you up and down.We arranged the city of Ephesus with our rep.It was good to have a very good guide,it was an amazing place to visit.

Benfleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

lt was suggested by a family member to go to Turkey.He was actually in the next location to the Ephesus. Having never been to Turkey before l was apprehensive and now cannot wait to return

The all inclusive package was superb, it catered for all people of all ages

The apartments was big, modern and very clean

The food was so easy to please, so much variety, in breakfast, lunch and dinner

Drinks was available all day, alcoholic and non alcoholic and was nice to get hot drinks

The facilities at the hotel was excellent

Near the apartments, you had a secluded small pool, with tennis courts, crazy golf and children's club. Plus a open air wine house, where evening entertainment was held

The reception was near by, which inc an a la carte restaurant, lounge bar and a pub which showed sporting events

The restaurant, was under cover, and the sight was on to the sea down below

The poolside, had an indoor pool, outdoor swimming pool, childrens swimming pool , a mini gym ( for those people who want to do workouts ) and a place where you can have a Turkish bath or shave from a local barber.

I did have a shave and it was absolutely fantastic

Finally to get to the man made beach there are 150 steps to the beach, where there are plenty of seating and parasols, and a beach bar/restauarant

Finally, if you do not feel you can walk back up those 150 steps, there is a shuttle service to poolsode, reception and apartments by a friendly man with his tractor- and you can admire those fantastic views

We did 1 excursion to the Ephesus ,Ancient city....fantastic

Finally found all the staff friendly, helpful and happy

Cannot wait to return,,,so relaxing and one of the best me and my wife have visited.

Room Tip: Cannot say enough good things about this holiday...except wished we had gone for 10 days instead...
Wickford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just returned from a week at Ephesus Hotel and wanted to write a review while everything was still fresh. We stayed in the main hotel on 6th floor which is actually two floors down from reception as the hotel is built into a cliff. The room was very good and the view from the balcony was amazing. My only criticism of the room was that the bed was slightly hard but I slept OK and the A/C was only on at certain times and when it was working it wasn't great. The room was cleaned daily and all towels were changed and the room was cleaned to a high standard.

The main restaurant is buffet service and there was always plenty of choice. Fried or boiled eggs and omelettes or crepes plus the usual continental selection of cereals, breads, cheese, cold meat and fresh fruit for breakfast, so not a bad start to the day. The coffee was quite acceptable and always available. Buffet service again at lunchtime and evening meal with afternoon tea by the pool if you get hungry (some chance of that!). We booked into two a-la-carte restaurants (there are 4 altogether) and the food and service was excellent. We ate in the Turkish restaurant and the Lebanese restaurant and I would recommend both. The other two restaurants are Italian and fish but we didn't try these. You need to book the a-la-carte restaurants the day before at client services (think Charlies Angels in little black dresses) next to reception.

There were plenty of staff around all of the time, and I found them very friendly and helpful and attentive. I have to mention the animation team who do a great job. You can get involved in pool games etc if you want to but they leave you alone if you just want to watch and we saw some really good shows in the open air amphitheatre at pool level. There were a variety of pools and plenty of sun-loungers to go round. The hotel attracts a range of guests from Holland, Germany, Poland, Russia, Iran, USA and UK and I would say it's very family friendly although we travelled as two couples. As well as the accommodation in the main hotel there are also villas and apartments above the hotel. I heard good reviews from other guests who stayed in them and one big plus is that some if not all of them have A/C that is independent from the main hotel A/C system which means that you can control when it comes on which must be a big help when it gets really hot.

Overall a great experience and I would not hesitate in booking again at the Ephesus Princess as it ticks all the boxes.

Room Tip: We requested a high room with a sea view and we were not disappointed. One of the best views I have...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have arrived back home today from a 7 night stay hear and after reading so many bad reviews I have to say I see this as unfair.The overall hotel itself was lovley with beautifull views from every angle, the staff were exceptional so polite and friendly really went out of their way to please never a dirty plate or drink left.There was plenty of food choice and was kept hot if people kept the lids closed.The hotels grounds and rooms were kept lovley and tidy as well as clean,the entertainment looked to be good with a fun animation team.The bus service pick up and drop off outside the hotel gates was so easy and frequent for 1 pound could not fault the 15 min ride.Reserving pool beds was a issue but I expect that given people are up at 6am to claim them no fault of the hotel.I would go back hear next year.

Room Tip: We was in a bungalow slightly back from main hotel several steps to it but was peaceful and suited o...
Emsworth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel is classed as a 5* hotel I would give it 4* only and that is being generous. Rooms are good in the hotel if you book a superior one, facilities are adiquate for the size of hotel. There as been somme extensive refurb done at the beach area, which is for the better. however they have let slip alot of every day basic things, All inclusive not if you go to the alocate restaurantes as you have to pay for all alcholic drinks. Food is warm only and gets cold very quick. It really dose not make any differance when you go for food it will only be warmish.
Alot of people had tummie issues which i put down to food not been hot when served, facilities which tey provide is actually limited. Half of the entetainment dose not hsppen or is cut short if not enough people turn up. Staff can be quite rude at times depending on your complaint.
Would not go there again and would not recommend to my friends.

Room Tip: If you do not want to become a mountain goat ? request a superior room in the hotel however do be aw...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Surmeli Efes
Grand Blue Sky International
#22 of 154 in Kusadasi
4.0 of 5 stars 691 reviews
Richmond Ephesus Resort

Been to Ephesus Princess? Share your experiences!