“in the heart of istanbul” 4 of 5 stars

Grand Mark Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cifte Gelinler Caddesi No: 10, Istanbul, Turkey   |
Ranked #618 of 945 Hotels in Istanbul
Brasov, Romania
“in the heart of istanbul”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

it is a very good location only 7-8 min walk to Grand Bazar and 15-20 min walk from Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque.The room is small but clean and it is enough for 2 person who travel all day. You feel the local life from this hotel.

Room Tip: it is a small hotel and they have around 20-22 rooms
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
Belgaum, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights in this hotel . Went to Istanbul with my daughter ( aged 14 yrs) and my wife . We had booked a triple room. One double bed and one single bed . The room was very very small and hardly any space to keep our bags or even move around the room . But the room was good . Once in the bed , no problem at all. There's no hot water kettle in the room which would have helped me to make my own tea or coffee at my convenience . We chose to take a train from Ataturk airport to the hotel. The hotel had told us to get to Beyazit tram station and walk to the hotel, which is just 5 mins by walk . We had a tough time finding the hotel. When we asked around at Beyazit station , no one seemed to know location of the hotel. Eventually we did find the hotel. The staff of this hotel are very friendly . Instantly we felt good having chosen this hotel . Once we were settled in this hotel, we discovered the excellent location of the hotel. Walking distance to Grand Bazar, Spice Market, Sultanamet mosque . I would highly recommend this hotel, due to hospitality of the staff, location and value for money. Other than having problems in finding the hotel and small bedroom, no other problem

• Stayed October 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2014

Good location only 15 min walk to tram station.it is near to historical places but far from malls. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly.they helped us a lot to find places we didn't know.although the room are small but it designed in a good way.the breakfast are so good .

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
St. John's, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Good location in that this hotel is in a working neighbourhood and you get a feel for local life. Employees were helpful. Unfortunately we returned to our hotel evening one day to find that the door to our room was not closed. We had been gone for about eight hours and it seems the housekeeping staff didn't properly close the door when they left - it needed a good bang in order to stay shut. All of our stuff was intact but we didn't feel good about it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We spent 4 nights at the Grand Mark Hotel while travelling in Istanbul this April. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. They assisted us in booking a great boat trip and suggested some great restaurants. The hotel was clean and located in a prime area in walking distance of restaurants, hookah cafes, the Grand Bazzar and the Blue Mosque/Aya Sofia. Anywhere in Istanbul requires a lot of walking which some of us were not ready for. The cab drivers are thieves and take advantage of tourists by jacking up the price of rides. One thing we wish we had known is that the Visa is $60 US. Be sure to purchase in advance online, it will save you great hassle than purchasing from the airport. The only downfall of the hotel was the one elevator as it would sometimes passed out floor and it was also quite small. But, of course we didn't come to Istanbul to spend our days indoors. It was cute and gave us a a true Turkish experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

First off, lots of the negative reviews are from previous years, so I'm guessing things have changed around here.

We found the staff to be courteous, friendly, and even spoke a little English.

The hotel is dated, but clean. The rooms are small, and the walls are thin. Air conditioning works great, but it was hard to sleep with it blowing in our tiny room. Easier to crack the Window and listen to the bustle of the city. Our bed wasn't all that comfy, the pillows were lumpy, the shower couldn't decide if it wanted to be hot or cold, there were marks all over the painted walls. This is one of those older hotels where your key activates the power to the room.

BUT.

It IS walking distance to all the things you wanted to see. It is in a part of the city where Turkish people actually live, and you'll get better prices down here than you will up the hill. If you have mobility issues and want to see the blue mosque, stay somewhere closer, but if you're young, strong, or traveling on a budget, this place will do you fine.

• Stayed September 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Wow! My experience here was so different from the other reviews I am reading. I was here in 2010 (it wouldn't go back that far so I had to mark August 2012) and I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The rooms were a bit small but I didn't stay in my room all day, I enjoyed walking to many of the beautiful sights nearby. I found the price to be within reason. I know things can change over time but I know the front desk clerk is still there because I talked to him about staying there when I return in September of this year. I'll check back in after my stay, but I definitely think I will once again be pleased. And, I liked the breakfast and thought it was really nice that they reopened the kitchen to serve me breakfast because I was at the airport and didn't get there till late. Sorry to write so much but I really think the reviews I see aren't correct.

Room Tip: the rooms on the street side of the hotel can be a little loud but it wasn't really bad, I enjoy...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Mark Hotel? Share your experiences!