Best Aspect: Rooms
Worst Aspect: Location
Transportation: I had a terrible experience. I was out of the airport at 8:10pm and had to wait until 9pm for the hotel shuttle. Then we arrived approximately 20 minutes later to the hotel, out in the absolute middle of nowhere. So, approximately 1 1/2 hours after arriving at the airport I arrived at the hotel….just as long as it took me to fly from Beirut to Istanbul
Location: Not sure how to express this is in the middle of nowhere. There is nowhere to eat anywhere except the hotel. There is no way to do anything but within the hotel. The hotel has a shuttle into the city and it took 30 minutes in light traffic to get to Taksim. Don't think they drop you off at Taksim like the 5 of us thought it would. It will drop you at a spot a bit aways from the square but if you go up the hill you will be in the heart of the area and will hit Turkcell.
Room: The bed was VERY comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was like no other…excellent. The wifi worked perfectly and was free! I presume the hotel is new or recently refurbished. The halls are very tastefully done as well as the rooms. The room I had was quite spacious.
Service: Check-in, after arriving from the airport, was painless and smooth. The person checking me in was very courteous and enjoyable to talk with. On check-out the guy didn't know what he was doing in regards to room incidentals and my credit card. Oh well, I will check my credit card.
Food: The breakfast buffet was not something that looked appealing. Unfortunately they have no to-order breakfasts in the restaurant, only through room service.
I am going to give the hotel a 3/5 primarily due to the location and the transportation. The hotel is not an "airport" hotel like advertised. If it weren't for location it would definitely be a 4 or 4.5.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North Hotel
- Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North Hotel Istanbul
- Holiday Inn Istanbul
- Istanbul Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport North has an impressive reputation for outstanding individual service, making it an excellent choice for the business and leisure guest. Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport North is situated in Mahmutbey district at the European side, Easy access to Ataturk International and Domestic Airport terminals. Complimentary shuttle bus available from the airport terminals to the hotel and back (airport shuttle from 06 am to 01 am). Taxis available at the hotel on request.Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport North offers 330 bedrooms, with 22 suites, 50 executive rooms. Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport North offers Spa and Fitness center, Indoor swimming pool, Whirlpool seperate Sauna, Steamroom and Hammam for ladies and gentelmen. The hotel is equipped with wireless internet access in all public areas, meeting rooms and executive rooms. Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport North offers a choice of two specialty restaurants, two bars and 24 hours room service; as well as a complete range of conference facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.