“Fine facility for airport or business access” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North

You added Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North
5.0 of 5 Inn   |   Tasocagi Yolu Cad. No 35 Mahmutbey, Bagcilar, Istanbul 34217, Turkey   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #237 of 829 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Fine facility for airport or business access”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a fine facility, tho could use some minor adjustments to make it great. The room was large & clean but lighting was not ideal for make-up. It was very comfortable & quiet, but most Holiday Inns provide robe & slippers & safe but this one did not.
The energy-saving corridor lighting was so dark it was almost scarey. Check-in did not have the usual separate, super efficient Priority Club desk but eventually found my reservation..

The staff at desk & restaurant were friendly & helpful. The spa facility was clean & full service including hamam/hamami but they were a little disorganized, unable to communicate when & where so ended up rushing me through (skipping the sauna) which was not relaxing. However the services eventually were well done.

Resturant had a flexible dinner buffet, lovely ambience, great service & extensive breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a terrible location if you want to sightsee in the old city. The rooms are very beige. The windows do not open so the air inside the hotel is stale and permeated with strawberry air freshener.
Food and beverage ( beer 18 TL, $9.00 US) are expensive. Nothing reasonable within walking distance.
Hotel shuttle bus does not run often. No good reason to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
filiz i, Guest Relations Executive at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport Hotel for your accommodation needs here in Istanbul.
We would like to inform you in addition that we had a complimentary shuttle service to the city center every hour or two ours as we mentioned our own website and related web side.Also our location is very close to the airport.It is only 10 minutes between airport and our hotel.
We are sorry for the smell in your room. Unfortunately we can not open the room's windows due to Holiday Inn standarts. We need to keep our rooms refreshed with freshers. Also air conditionings help to keep our rooms fresh. We are sorry that your room air conditioning did not work properly this time and cause an odd smell.
Also we would like to say that our prices are very reasonable for a five star hotel.
we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport for your future travel needs.
Sincerely
Filiz İL
Guest Relations Executive
Padua, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Arrived late in the evening, it's a perfect hotel close to airport.
15 minutes away.
Free shuttle bus from and to airport.
Rooms are big and clean.
Staff is very friendly.
Breakfast with wide selection of many things.
Price is fair considering the service offered.
I booked on the hotel website finding a good rate.
I will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
filiz i, Guest Relation Executive at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your great comments on your recent stay in Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport.
We are very happy that you sattisfied with your room, hotel location, the food and our staff.
We would like to welcome you here again.
Sincerely yours
Filiz IL
Guest Relations Exacutive
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport (late at night, no idea in daytime traffic). Shuttle buses run every 30 minutes, and are free. Check in process was slow, and I had to queue for about 10-15 minutes while the other shuttle-bus travellers checked in. Lobby is very nice and modern. Room also very tasteful and modern and I was pleasantly surprised. Mini-bar prices are ridiculously expensive (dearer than most countries I have visited). Breakfast was "OK" for my tastes, it was all quite fancy, none of it was all that nice. The hotel is basically on an industrial estate and by the motorway. It is handy maybe if you are on a business trip, like I was. I did not eat an evening meal in the hotel and due to a busy schedule and relatively short stay I did not have time to use my laptop. If I came to Istanbul as a tourist I would not stay here. Next time I will see what else is out there. I would not discount staying here again as it was fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My fiancé and I spent one night at this hotel in transit through Istanbul. Ideally, we would have prefered something closer to the airport, since we were only looking for a room to sleep in between flights. This hotel is about 11 km and 30 TL for a taxi away from Ataturk. They advertise an airport shuttle but it did not work out for us, only departing the hotel every 2 hours. That said, our room was fantastic and 4-5 star quality. Very modern and very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was also way above average and a fair parice (10 euro).

Didn't exactly meet our need to be near the airport, but the hotel itself was excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Not exactly close to the airport in my estimation, but not to far. You need about 25 Turkish lira to get there. Don't wait for the shuttle, it runs on a schedule and the wait can easily be an hour or more. It is hard to find the shuttle, but if you walk the length of the bus area you will see the area marked for the Holiday Inn. You will not see it if you don't walk the whole length.

The hotel has a spacious lobby, is very clean and staff are efficient, courteous and helpful. They will change money for the taxi.

The room was splendid. It was clean, absolutely modern and well finished. The TV was good, the internet worked well. The beds were well made up with good quality linens.

The restaurant bar has a very small menu, but it is good enough to sate the appetite. The neighborhood is nice. Istanbul is surprisingly clean.

I would stay here again and recommend the hotel to anyone who would like to stay 'close' to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kuwait
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel one day during transit 24 Jun-2013 - I had my family with me

The Shuttle bus didn't come and we had to take a taxi - they pay for it but we waited around 2 hours in the airport waiting for it - and I understand from other residents it happen all the time
The Room are very small and the path room is not prepared as 5 or even good 4 stars.
One thing very dangerous the house keeping are not honest

I lost my wedding ring and when I called and keep writing them email they answer after 24 hours , sorry we don't have !!
In all famous hotel if you lost any item they will return it back , but this hotel no.
Air condition is bad in lobby !
My advice stay away from that hotel - it is not that close to the airport 20 min by taxi !
Better go to the Crown Plaza or Sheraton and pay little more

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Ahmed S,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North? Share your experiences!