“Outstanding Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W Istanbul

You added W Istanbul to your Saves list
W Istanbul
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Suleyman Seba Cad. No:22 Akaretler, Besiktas, Istanbul 34357, Turkey   |
Ranked #270 of 944 Hotels in Istanbul
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Outstanding Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

The W Istanbul is in a great location, just a block up the hill from the waterfront. Great coffee shops and restaurants just around the corner. Decor is modern, as is consistent with W Hotels. Rooms are nice but with a couple of deficits: It is impossible to turn on the shower to warm up without getting soaked. And rooms have no coffee makers or pots to boil water. If you are an early riser, this is an issue. A simple fix! But a great hotel with attentive staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Askin B, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear W Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at W Istanbul. And we would also like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay with us.

We would also like to inform you that for your next stay, we will make sure to have a kettle waiting for you in your room with coffee.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warmest Wishes,
W Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Loved the rooms and the nice safe location. Nice bar service and breakfast. Small elavator but friendly staff. Trendy hotspot and the shops are nice too. Good stay. Very nice design in the room and public areas.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Songul A, Public Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear W Guest,

As your Friends at Istanbul we would like to thank you for your nice comments. We are all very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us, liked the location, service and do appreciate your feedback.

We hope to see you again in our magical city and look forward to providing you with many more W experiences!

Warmest wishes,
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

From the time you stepped out of the taxi, you noticed right away that service is the word of the day at W. The room are modern with special items such as a DVD player and a Bose system with Docking IPod. The staff was very friendly and always wanted to help. I was also very surprise of the soundproof of the room, as their was loud music on the second floor of the hotel, and never heard a thing once in my room.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear W Guest,

Thank you very much for your encouraging and warm remarks.
As you have also stated, the historic structure of our building combined with the extraordinary interior design makes W Istanbul one of the most spectacular and unique hotels of its kind as well as the room amenties are unique to the W Brands.
As you have also put forward,our Talents are committed to represent the W spirit and service. Their genuine and relentless interest in understanding the preferences and expectations of our guests is a rare quality.

As your friends at W Istanbul, we would love to welcome you back.
Warm Wishes,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

There aren't many Starwood options in Istanbul, so I picked the W, my favourite of the Starwood brands. The hotel is styled very nicely, and is a lot darker than the other Ws I have been at. The rooms are small and there is no privacy in the bathrooms. The Spectacular Room's cabana was very nice, but there was no furniture or cushions to use to enjoy the outdoor space.

The staff was good, but nothing exceptional. There are a couple of door people that are extremely helpful and friendly, and were a big help to me.

The location is decent. The neighborhood is very nice and the hotel is just around the corner from numerous wonderful restaurants. The walk to the Kabatas tram station is further than I would have liked it to be, but there are usually taxis waiting outside if you don't feel like walking to the tram. The traffic to/from the hotel and the European side of the city can get very very bad during rush hours.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Songul A, Public Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear W Guest,

Thank you so much for giving us a review, we are always open to feedback and appreciate that you took the time to write. It is true that some of the W Hotels are lighter in design, such as W South Beach and Barcelona, and there are several that use darker colors, woods and lighting as well. The W Istanbul is part of the Akaretler Row Houses, which were built in the 1870s as part of the Dolmabahce Palace and the interior designer blended the W design with Ottoman inspirations. As you mentioned there is quite a large variety of shops and restaurants in Besiktas and Nisantasi near the hotel.

Thank you again for taking the time to write and we sincerely hope to see you again very soon.
Best Wishes,
Veyrier, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We loved it. The hotel is really quite funky with modern lightings, colours, design... The rooms are large and comfortable with all the necessary equipments. Very nice peanuts in the room! The location is perfect and the area is very nice and clean. Istanbul is a must see anyway. A vibrant city and the W is the vibrant hotel the you need there if you like modern type hotels. The bar on the first floor is good fun at night though the music is way too loud.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear W Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the W Istanbul and we are so happy to hear that you met your expectations during your stay with us. You came a long way and we are simply thrilled that you received great service and liked the design and style of the W brand.
Please let us know when you are ready to come back to Istanbul or if you have any friends or family wishing to come visit as well.
Warmest Wishes,
From your W Istanbul Family
Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I spent my whole week staying at the W Hotel in Istanbul as my first time travelling in this historical city.
I was totally amazed by the city and of course the hotel was one of the parts.
W Istanbul is a truly lifestyle hotel with a unique design and deco, I can tell the hotel management team did a lot of effort on it. The hotel is definitely a chic of the city in a very convenient local just 5 mins walking distance next to the Palace. The hotel room was really comfy and modern with the touchable control panel on the wall. And I liked it so much.
My favorite part of the hotel was the concierge service, they were friendly and helped me a lot for directing me to different site seeing in details. That helped me to save a lot of time and energy actually, as in Istanbul a lot of Churches and Mosques have a really tight operation hours. Then better to find out advance and go, otherwise you may miss it in your trip…

The food was also excellent in the hotel, again the service was the highlight during the breakfast time.

I totally enjoyed staying at the W hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Warm Greetings from your W family,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at W Istanbul. We really appreciate your amazing words and so happy to hear that you did enjoy your W experience.
I am delighted to hear that our Talents as well as our concierge were very friendly during your stay.
We are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warm Wishes,
Bribir, Primorsko-goranska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

W hotel - I do not know what to say. There were fantastic moments, but also the things that do not belong to this hotel. But first a little about the location. The hotel is on the pier Besiktas very close to the palace Dolmabahçe but you have to walk about 15 minutes to the tram to old town or to the funicular to Taksim. Personally I preferred using the taxi. The hotel staff always managed to find good taxi with fair driver, but to find the same for return was a big problem – almost every time I paid at least double for return. I think that the hotel should do something about that and organize transfers to and from Kabataş.
The design of the hotel is very unusual, somewhat gloomy - but it's a matter of taste.
SPG identifying was on extraordinary level. As golden member I was upgraded from wonderful room to spectacular room that had an interesting small terrace. Late check-out was no problem as well.
Concierge was really excellent. The young guy at concierge made a reservation for me in one excellent hamami and when I came back he immediately asked me if everything was OK – that guy is really a big plus of the hotel. Other staff members were very friendly too. They carried my luggage and explained in detail the use of the room.
The problems I encountered were as follows:
Some staff (reception and restaurant) were wearing regular clothes and at the start of conversation I was not sure whether I have been speaking to member of the staff or to guest. I support a fancy outfit but it must be pointed out that someone belongs to the staff with something bigger than the small badge.
During my lunch in the restaurant there was present only one waiter and he did not speak English so the communication with him was worst then on the bazaar. This kind of thing I find unacceptable for this (top) class of the hotel. At the dinner I asked for help in choosing the meal - I received a reply that by every meal name there is a translation into English. I had to ask another member of the staff who helped me choose. But despite this - dish was quite tasty. I ate better kebabs in Istanbul - but baklava was perfect. I think that they should be more helpfully in the restaurant and organize some education for the staff (especially in English).
The room: staff should make a detailed inspection of the room before they let the guest in. Specifically - iPod dock station was not working, package with T-shirt (W) and an umbrella were opened, SPG channel on TV did not work as well. But the cleanliness of the room and comfort were perfect.
This is the excellent hotel, especially for travelers who want to explore the modern Istanbul - the area near Taksim square (but all other parts of the town are easy approachable) and I can sure recommend it. I am also sure that the staff will work out the details I mentioned in the review and it would be nice to know if they did.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Songul A, Public Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear W Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We really do appreciate and thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent experience.

We are also saddened to see that we were not able to meet some of your expectations during your stay and do apologize for the inconvenience and want you to know that this is not our standard at all. It is our goal to exceed every guest's expectations and WOW them as much as possible. We are continuously working on the hotel and strive to make every guest extremely happy. We are also in the process of currently renewing all the iPod/iphone docking stations in our rooms and will have iphone 5 docking stations during the first half of 2014.

Please note that we take every step to ensure that no such issues arise during our guests stay and will again make sure that further training is given to all our staff in all aspects that you have mentioned.

We really appreciate your amazing words about our Concierge and pride ourselves on our Whatever/Whenever service and look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards,
W Istanbul Team

Been to W Istanbul? Share your experiences!