“Non satifying experience” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
TURKEY
“Non satifying experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Though I wisited some "Mezzaluna"s at other places and fond them very good, for the one in Istinyepark I can not sy the same

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Sheffield, England
“A touch of Italy in the East”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We ate here yesterday and had some of the best Italian food we have had outside of Italy. The pizza was as thin and crispy as it gets with excellent taste. The Tortellini were equally good. Prices were a very reasonable at 110 TL for a meal for two with drinks.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Istanbul, Turkey
“Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

On the evening of August 13, 2012, we dined at the Mezzaluna in Su Ada - Kurucesme. My pizza was cold, undercooked, and therefore quite gummy and a huge challange to the knife with which I was provided. What was worst is, even though I had ordered a bresaola pizza, I actually had carpaccio on my pizza. I love carpaccio, however, mushy and cold, it went very poorly on top of my pizza. I was also sure that I had somehow in a previous life, offended our waiter, which was the only explanation I can find still for his impersonal, ignorant and straighout rude approach to us. Our wine arrived boiling, and I could not find the waiter to fill my glass afterwards, as he left the bottle in an ice pot too far for us to get it from. So I had to wait 10 to 15 minutes for filling my glass. Before leaving, I approached the manager, and told him all of these issues, he showed no regret or embarassement at all. I did not complain about anything during the meal, since I thought this whole experience was very unlike Mezzaluna, and it must have been a bad karma day, and we still had a beautiful view to enjoy and a nice bottle of rose wine (that lasted much longer than it would have lasted had the waiter served it properly), and this kept our mood quite up despite the shortcomings in the food and service. But having this places' manager completely disregard my criticism even though I expected nothing in return, and treat me as if I do not know the difference between carpaccio and bresaola, is unacceptable. So, I will never go back there. Simple as that.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Great Italian Food in Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Both the food and the service at Mezzaluna was outstanding!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Italian in Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Wonderful food, excellent service, reasonable prices

Visited July 2012