“Fantastic stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tulip Guesthouse

You added Tulip Guesthouse to your Saves list
Tulip Guesthouse
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Akbiyik Cad. Terbiyik Sok. No : 19 Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34121, Turkey   |
Ranked #68 of 916 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Kigali, Rwanda
“Fantastic stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This was my first time traveling on my own and the staff at the Tulip Guesthouse were extremely helpful. Esin, the manager, helped me find things to do and even walked with me to a restaurant to explain my food allergy to them. The room was quaint but very comfortable and quiet. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

The staff here are wonderful! They helped take care of everything we needed. Ms. Esin even helped us call to
confirm reservations for another location in Goreme. The rooms are cozy and clean with modern private bathrooms. Breakfast was always good with a nice assortment of fruit, veggies, eggs, cereal, and olives. We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2014
New Brunswick, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

The night we stayed in Tulip Guesthouse was a nightmare.
I went to Istanbul to meet my boyfriend, he had to work at nightshift so he always tried to choose the safe place for me to live alone. We thought Tulip could be a OK choice even though the way from Sultanamet back to Tulip is dark and the curtain could barely cover half of the window and the window is right in the opposite of another building closely, which didn't protect guest's privacy. What's worst, my boyfriend and me were just talking in the room for a few mins before he left for job, then a bunch of people knock the door rudely and asked him out. We were shocked and believe me,the owner of the guesthouse is not nice at all. We realized there was misunderstanding and we respect their rules so we told them our relationship, but they insisted to be impolite which really disrespect the guests.

The next day, my boyfriend took me to another much better hotel even thought it cost much more than the tulip house. Thanks Dear...

Mumbai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

One of those hotels who overbook people. I booked on 8 Mar directly with hotel for an Apr stay and received a confirmation of my stay including my arrival timing. But I received an auto cancellation email on 11 Apr with a standard reason of either incomplete data, overbooking...
I emailed hotel and they ignored me. I had to re-look for a hotel last minute.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Great location near the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Arasta Bazaar, and other old city sites.

Quiet, and on a quiet street, but near the action.

Very reasonable prices, especially for the location.

Clean, comfortable room – firm bed, spotless bathroom.

Ample breakfast in a nice top-floor room with a view.

Very friendly and informative staff with great advice on places to visit and how to solve problems.

Highly recommended.

Murska Sobota, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

If you don't mind small rooms, being in the core of the Istanbul culture centre is a big plus. Beautiful Turkish self-service breakfast with the view and extremely helpful stuff is the reason I will return soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Believe me, it's hard to find a better location at a cheaper price in Istanbul. You are at a walking distance from the Blue Mosque, the St. Sophie Museum and the Topkaki Palace without being on a noisy street. And the owners speak a good English (which is a rarity in Turkey) and are very helpful.
The place was clean and correspondent to the description on the website. It is somehow 'austere', but the bathroom was brand new and the towels and blankets clean, so overall that is good. The only problem are the stairs: they are very steep, they could be dangerous for families with young children.
Breakfast is served at the top floor and the choice is abundant. The only 'problem' is that I pointed out that, because all the rooms were occupied by guest, the owners used to sleep on the benches in the breakfast room.
That said, if I come back to Istanbul I will probably return in the very same hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the bathroom, they are roomier and the difference in price is really small.