“Beautiful hotel, wonderful staff and delicious food! Everything was perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

You added Sirkeci Mansion to your Saves list
Sirkeci Mansion
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Taya Hatun Sok. No:5 Sirkeci, Fatih, Istanbul 34120, Turkey (Formerly Sirkeci Konak Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Free Pickup&Cash Discount
Ranked #11 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
“Beautiful hotel, wonderful staff and delicious food! Everything was perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on the good reviews it got on tripadvisor and believe me it deserves all the 5 star ratings if not more. The hotel surpassed all our expectations!

Upon our arrival at the airport, we were initially disappointed with the hotel airport pickup service as the driver was nowhere to be found and was only located following a call to the hotel but the hotel's impeccable service throughout the rest of our stay made up for it 100 fold. The hotel facade was elegant wood and the lobby was a cozy affair where they served us delicious fresh orange juice while we waited for the reception to do the necessary. And what a pleasant surprise when they upgraded us to the deluxe and superior room!! It was really the perfect present for our parents who were there celebrating their wedding anniversary. Samet of guest relations was very helpful explaining how to get to all the famous spots around Sultanahment and was always willing to answer any questions with a smile. Furqan at the reception desk also deserves kudos for being so pleasant and attending to all our needs. I must also mention Turker here who served us when we ate at the superb restaurant, Neyzade. He was very friendly and funny and even gifted my mother some organic turkish olive oil that she had been trying to source. So kind and generous. Wonderful and friendly staff!

The rooms were a nice size. Beautiful wood flooring and nice view of Gulhane park from the balcony. There was a complimentary fruit basket and Turkish delight in our room. Yum! The bathrooms had a bathtub with a jacuzzi function which was particularly relaxing after a tiring day sightseeing. Comfortable beds and pillows. And the day before our check out there was a box of Turkish delights all wrapped up with a note from the manager...what a lovely touch!

Breakfast was simply fantastic! The variety of cold cuts and cheeses were spectacular. The hot food was also super yummy..specially the potato and cream. The variety of fruit jams were also to die for. We have travelled a lot as a family and stayed at a lot of hotels and we all unanimously agreed that the breakfast at Sirkeci Konak was one of the best we've had. The dinner we had at Neyzade restaurant was also one of the best we had in Istanbul.

Finally the location..this hotel was smack bang in Sultanahmet, walking distance to all the famous sites and also a stone's throw to the Gulhane tram station. The street in front of the hotel was quiet and was closed to traffic during the day which was great because there wasn't much car or human traffic on the street during the day. Another plus point was the laundry service that was just down the street from the hotel. Very convenient. A nice jewelry store with very reasonable prices, Tiamo, is also located just across from the hotel.

In summary, this was possibly the best hotel we have ever had the pleasure of staying at. The service impeccable, the rooms beautiful, clean and comfortable, the food to die for and the location ideal. We wanted to stay here longer but unfortunately they didn't have rooms available. However we will definitely be back! We will recommend this hotel to all those planning a visit to istanbul in the future. We really missed the hotel when we left and still talk about the breakfast :). Thank you Sirkeci Konak for making our stay in Istanbul truly memorable!

The Watanabe family.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
My Dear Guest,

I am Faruk Boyacı, I would like to thank you for your review about Sirkeci Konak Hotel. Such beautiful comments show that we are in the right path and make us motivated working with a great desire and passion. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best. Everyone sends you their regards.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly ( faruk@istanbul.com ) for further suggestions,or if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in our hotel group when you come back.

Faruk Boyacı
Owner of the Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Excellent service, very comfortable room with all the amenities of a very good hotel, large ondoor pool, Turkish bath experience first rate, and super breakfast included. Oh, and free wifi....take the hint, Marriott. AND excellent restaurant. Multi-night stay gets you a personal coup at the airport and a free dinner at the restaurant that we enjoyed very much. Everything is walkable if you want. 100 percent recommending to my friends. Just one thing to do even better...bait more sound proofing between bathrooms would be good.

Room Tip: Go with top floor to avoid bathroom noise from neighbors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
My Dear Guest,

I am Faruk Boyaci, the owner of the Sirkeci Group Hotels & Restaurants. I would like to thank you for your kind review about Sirkeci Konak Hotel. I also appreciate you specifying negative aspects of our hotel. I assure you we will enhance any missing points to satisfy %100 all of our guests.

Thank you again. If you visit Istanbul again, please let me know. You can contact directly at faruk@istanbul.com. I will be happy to be your assistant organizing your trip.

Kind Regards
North Wales UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We booked this hotel relying on TripAdvisor reviews some of which we thought were perhaps a little over the top, so we were not quite sure what we would be getting ! We can confirm that all the positives which have been written about this hotel are not exaggerated. From the warm and informative welcome , assiduous and prompt response to a minor problem and a heartwarming send off on departure. Brilliantly located to the main attractions and a tram station. Room spacious comfortable and immaculately clean. Staff helpful courteous and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. Breakfast ...very good buffet style with a wide choice of hot and/or cold. Restaurant ...again wide choice and beautifully cooked and presented. Programme of activities, all but one free, arranged by hotel. We had planned to go on the Saturday walk through the old production and shopping centres of the Ottoman Era, but we were rained off. Between 5-6.30pm each evening, apple tea and Turkish snacks provided free of charge. My husband used the indoor swimming pool which although small was very pleasant. He also had a massage which he said was excellent.A return to Istanbul will definitely be a return to the Sirkeci Konak hotel.

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night after coming from our Capadoccia trip. Overall a great hotel but a step down from Neorion, a same group hotel we stayed too. It was packed with tourists and seemed more a big hotel than a boutique one.
Location: fantastic, one block from Gulhane station on a quiet sidestreet looking over the Topkapi palace gardens.
Room: a nice and big room with a small bathroom than Neorion but worked perfectly. We had a balcony looking to a beautiful garden but it rained so we couldn't use it. In the middle of the night there was a storm and a leaking sound came from the bathroom ceiling which really annoyed us. We tried closing the door but still could be heard, must be something because we were on the top floor? That costed a point in my final rate.
Breakfast: we couldn't eat because we had to leave at 6:45 am. It started at 7.30am, not for early birds.
Service: seemed OK and the customer relations guy really struggled to show us where to eat near Taskim square.

Overall a good stayed but will choose every time the Neorion hotel two blocks away! Same price, newer rooms and better service!

• Stayed March 2013

Kind Regards
Hillsborough, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

What a great place....spacious rooms, Wonderful location, helpful staff. Our room overlooked a park and we could see the water. They helped us with restaurants and all were good recommendations. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay married for 30 years and then go there!! :)
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

What a delight to be in this family run hotel. My wife and I felt we could move in forever. Everyone from front office to the cleaning staff was friendly, efficient, helpful and totally professional. We especially liked a great waiter named Turker Kiremitui and the young guest relations fellow whose name I regretfully cannot remember. As others have doubtless mentioned, the location cannot be beat. And the restaurant is top drawer. We kept wanting to try other restaurants but were drawn back to the hotel because of the food quality and the attentive, polite service. We would not consider staying elsewhere when we return. Also, be certain to take all the free tours the hotel offers. Fabulous, especially the cooking class.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Karachi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We chose Sirkeci konak Hotel via feedback we read on Tripadvisor. It was the best decision we made. The hotel turned out to be better than our expectations. The location, in Sultanahmet area, overlooking beautiful Gulhane park was a bonus. Only few minutes walk distance from Aya Sophia, Topkapi and the Blue Mosque. Actually, walking distance from The grand bazaar and also the spice bazaar.
Our room with balcony was 5 star comfort. The service excellent. All personnel very polite and attended to all our requirements. Helped arrange tours custom made to our desires. Communicated well in english. The daily breakfast superb and its timing from 7:30 to 11am was luxury. The restaurant "Neyzade" served excellent food.
Inshaallah we plan to visit again and definitely will recommend to all our friends.
With best wishes to all at the hotel.
Shafiudin Ghani Khan,
Karachi, Pakistan

Room Tip: We requested for a room with a view and got a lovely room on the 4th floor with its own balcony over...
My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. Inshaallah we will look forward to host you in the family again.

Owner of the Hotel

Been to Sirkeci Mansion? Share your experiences!