“Short and sweet, excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Save Saved
You added Sirkeci Mansion to your Saves list
Sirkeci Mansion
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Taya Hatun Sok. No:5 Sirkeci, Fatih, Istanbul 34120, Turkey (Formerly Sirkeci Konak Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Free Pickup&Cash Discount
Ranked #10 of 885 hotels in Istanbul
Berlin, Germany
“Short and sweet, excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Excellent service, very comfortable room with all the amenities of a very good hotel, large ondoor pool, Turkish bath experience first rate, and super breakfast included. Oh, and free wifi....take the hint, Marriott. AND excellent restaurant. Multi-night stay gets you a personal coup at the airport and a free dinner at the restaurant that we enjoyed very much. Everything is walkable if you want. 100 percent recommending to my friends. Just one thing to do even better...bait more sound proofing between bathrooms would be good.

Room Tip: Go with top floor to avoid bathroom noise from neighbors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
My Dear Guest,

I am Faruk Boyaci, the owner of the Sirkeci Group Hotels & Restaurants. I would like to thank you for your kind review about Sirkeci Konak Hotel. I also appreciate you specifying negative aspects of our hotel. I assure you we will enhance any missing points to satisfy %100 all of our guests.

Thank you again. If you visit Istanbul again, please let me know. You can contact directly at faruk@istanbul.com. I will be happy to be your assistant organizing your trip.

Kind Regards

2,103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
North Wales UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We booked this hotel relying on TripAdvisor reviews some of which we thought were perhaps a little over the top, so we were not quite sure what we would be getting ! We can confirm that all the positives which have been written about this hotel are not exaggerated. From the warm and informative welcome , assiduous and prompt response to a minor problem and a heartwarming send off on departure. Brilliantly located to the main attractions and a tram station. Room spacious comfortable and immaculately clean. Staff helpful courteous and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. Breakfast ...very good buffet style with a wide choice of hot and/or cold. Restaurant ...again wide choice and beautifully cooked and presented. Programme of activities, all but one free, arranged by hotel. We had planned to go on the Saturday walk through the old production and shopping centres of the Ottoman Era, but we were rained off. Between 5-6.30pm each evening, apple tea and Turkish snacks provided free of charge. My husband used the indoor swimming pool which although small was very pleasant. He also had a massage which he said was excellent.A return to Istanbul will definitely be a return to the Sirkeci Konak hotel.

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night after coming from our Capadoccia trip. Overall a great hotel but a step down from Neorion, a same group hotel we stayed too. It was packed with tourists and seemed more a big hotel than a boutique one.
Location: fantastic, one block from Gulhane station on a quiet sidestreet looking over the Topkapi palace gardens.
Room: a nice and big room with a small bathroom than Neorion but worked perfectly. We had a balcony looking to a beautiful garden but it rained so we couldn't use it. In the middle of the night there was a storm and a leaking sound came from the bathroom ceiling which really annoyed us. We tried closing the door but still could be heard, must be something because we were on the top floor? That costed a point in my final rate.
Breakfast: we couldn't eat because we had to leave at 6:45 am. It started at 7.30am, not for early birds.
Service: seemed OK and the customer relations guy really struggled to show us where to eat near Taskim square.

Overall a good stayed but will choose every time the Neorion hotel two blocks away! Same price, newer rooms and better service!

• Stayed March 2013

Kind Regards
Hillsborough, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

What a great place....spacious rooms, Wonderful location, helpful staff. Our room overlooked a park and we could see the water. They helped us with restaurants and all were good recommendations. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay married for 30 years and then go there!! :)
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

What a delight to be in this family run hotel. My wife and I felt we could move in forever. Everyone from front office to the cleaning staff was friendly, efficient, helpful and totally professional. We especially liked a great waiter named Turker Kiremitui and the young guest relations fellow whose name I regretfully cannot remember. As others have doubtless mentioned, the location cannot be beat. And the restaurant is top drawer. We kept wanting to try other restaurants but were drawn back to the hotel because of the food quality and the attentive, polite service. We would not consider staying elsewhere when we return. Also, be certain to take all the free tours the hotel offers. Fabulous, especially the cooking class.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Karachi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We chose Sirkeci konak Hotel via feedback we read on Tripadvisor. It was the best decision we made. The hotel turned out to be better than our expectations. The location, in Sultanahmet area, overlooking beautiful Gulhane park was a bonus. Only few minutes walk distance from Aya Sophia, Topkapi and the Blue Mosque. Actually, walking distance from The grand bazaar and also the spice bazaar.
Our room with balcony was 5 star comfort. The service excellent. All personnel very polite and attended to all our requirements. Helped arrange tours custom made to our desires. Communicated well in english. The daily breakfast superb and its timing from 7:30 to 11am was luxury. The restaurant "Neyzade" served excellent food.
Inshaallah we plan to visit again and definitely will recommend to all our friends.
With best wishes to all at the hotel.
Shafiudin Ghani Khan,
Karachi, Pakistan

Room Tip: We requested for a room with a view and got a lovely room on the 4th floor with its own balcony over...
My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. Inshaallah we will look forward to host you in the family again.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel merits all the good reviews that it receives here: Let me start by its location, which is a walking distance from the city's top historic sites and the bustling water-side front as well as public transport hubs. Upon arrival you notice that the services are a notch up from the rest of the hotels in Istanbul: very efficient check-in and a very helpful concierge that offers you his recommendations if you are a tourist.
My room was nice and had style, although at first when I entered there was a strange smell which quickly disappeared, or I got used; one must remember this is an old property in a very old part of town. The bed is comfortable and the bathroom amenities are of good quality. If you sleep in, the mornings may not be very calm, depending on where your room is, so always opt for the higher floors- I am an early morning person so I did not care. The heater, as some reviews mentioned, is sometimes loud, but the noise does not last long.
The breakfast is good and may be healthy if you focus on the fresh (good) fruits and low-fat cheese that they offer, but it is worth delving into some of the Turkish delicacies that they also have on the buffet. The tea is good, and may be one tip I would like to share- the tea tastes much better with the traditional Turkish cups/glasses.
Eating at the hotel, at least once, is recommended. I liked their restaurant which had a very nice mix of Turkish and international dishes- trust the waiter's choice if you explain to him what kind of food you like.
The hammam is relaxing, clean and well-maintained, and do not hesitate to try the spa and their very professional staff! Special thanks to Araz and other staff actually for a great stay- I am coming back!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms on the top floors have minor sea view but I understood that the view is not unmissable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family

Faruk Boyacı
Owner of the Hotel

Been to Sirkeci Mansion? Share your experiences!