“Beautiful Property, Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sheraton Istanbul Maslak Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Istanbul Maslak Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Buyukdere Caddesi 233 | Maslak, Istanbul 34398, Turkey   |
Ranked #483 of 901 hotels in Istanbul
“Beautiful Property, Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel was one of the best hotels that I've ever stayed in Europe. The rooms are huge, bathrooms are huge, the details are beautiful. Customer service leaves nothing to be desired and the beds are so unbelievably comfortable. Very closer to a big, well appointed mall, and some of the rooms have great views of the water and bridge.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
sheratonmaslak, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Istanbul Maslak Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013

Greetings from the magical city of Istanbul!

Thank you very much for your feedback that you have shared in TripAdvisor following your stay in Sheraton Istanbul Maslak.

We are delighted to receive your positive comments as nothing can be more gratifying than favorable comments from our guests. Your satisfaction and comfort are our first priority.

We hope to welcome you back on many more occasions and provide you with the finest Turkish hospitality at the Sheraton Istanbul Maslak Istanbul.

455 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Epsom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights. The rooms are large and certainly 5 star size. But there are no free bedroom slippers and as the room is not fully carpeted that means you have to keep your outdoor shoes on. The TV was showing a Russian news channel and not BBC news. There was only Euronews CNN and CNBC. I expected at least BBC News and/or Sky News. There was no English language entertainment or movie channel and no pay per view. So what are you supposed to watch if you are staying 5 nights? The breakfast so OK, but the mass of Japanese tourists all want to eat at the same time as businessmen so it was chaos most days. The hot food was always cool, so I never bothered. There was only one station for orange juice with usually a queue and the napkins were made of paper - in a 5 star hotel!
I was always too tired to try the spa, so I cannot comment. The bed was comfortable, but I like my room cooler and the a/c was not on.
On the plus side it is very near the metro - 20 minutes to Taksim Square, and it is also near many international businesses head offices and the technical university. The staff were very helpful and polite everywhere, but some fundamental cost saving measures need to be changed.

Room Tip: High floor facing Bospherus.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback that you have shared in TripAdvisor following your stay in Sheraton Istanbul Maslak .

We would like to kindly inform you that we have shared the issue with the related department also your complaint has been discussed by the hotel’s management.

Sheraton Istanbul Maslak is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance.

We look forward to provide you the level of service as you expected from Sheraton Hotels.

Sunnyvale, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Masklak Hotel in Istanbul and found the stay extremely enjoyable. The rooms are clean and the staff works hard to make your stay very enjoyable. Seuket Vedut provided me my room service dinner on several nights and his service went far above other servers I have experienced. His attention to detail and my enjoyment of the meal was excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sheratonmaslak, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Istanbul Maslak Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to read your positive comment regarding your stay.

Also we would like to thank you very much for your excellent feedback about Vedat and Sevket which we shared with our team. It is always rewarding to read such a comment.

We will continue to pass on our passion for Excellence to our guests.

We will be look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Maslak as soon as possible.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

lovely and very spacious rooms. The rooms are always clean and very friendly staff. The breakfast is also very nice through does not change much. For long stay, the breakfast could get boring after a few days. The hotel is quite close to the Metro station as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
sheratonmaslak, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Istanbul Maslak Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013

Greetings from the magical city of Istanbul!

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature.

Best regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Many people commented on how they had to cross a multi-laned highway to get to the Metro ITU but if you exit the Sheraton, turn right and stay on that side, you will see an elevator about 3 minutes away which accesses the Metro directly so no need to take the ramp or cross the street. I didn't stay there on business so I can't comment about the proximity to businesses. It is a ways out but the Metro is quite convenient and as everyone has said, takes 15 minutes to Taksim. The hotel needs RENOVATION. That's the biggest complaint. The rooms are large but the pictures of the rooms on the website are misleading because my room was last renovated in the 90s I think. We stayed for 2 nights in their Panoramic Suite on the 21st floor - it reminded me of a shady bar in a basement. Dark wood floors, a minibar - an actual bar, a wooden lattice divider and tables with scratch marks all over them. The bed had an upholstered headboard with matching upholstered pillows. What? The only new thing was the flat screen TV. And I was blinded in the bathroom by all the marble and gold - Liberace would love the room. There weren't enough lights. For example, there were no lights in the ceiling. You just had a floor lamp and when I was trying to repack my suitcase, there was no lighting above or around the closet. I was afraid of what lived in those upholstered pillows and matching headboard. I am sure it's cleaned but how do you clean that? And it was incredibly hot in the room. With both windows opened, there was no breeze and we were sweating, even with the heating turned off.The hotel finally brought us a fan. I think the nicest part of the hotel was the Club Lounge -- which is in a basement with 2 windows but forget about that. I was very impressed with the selection of snacks and food that were offered throughout the day. It is not finger food but an entire meal. One night, we were surprised to see chicken fajita tacos - full size with your choice of many beverage. The breakfast in 333 was not varied as many said. I didn't see an egg station. All in all, the stay was fine. Would I stay there again? I guess it depended whether I wanted to redeem points. I don't think I'd pay to stay there. But if you can get a room that resembles the rooms in the photos on their website, I think it will be a nice stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback that you have shared in Trip Advisor following your stay in Sheraton Istanbul Maslak.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in effort to provide you the level of service you expect from our hotel.

Ulku Kizilkaya
Guest Relation Manager
t — 90.212.335.9999 f — 90.212.285.0952
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

The service is great. Welness staff and lounge bar twins are amazing. Make you feel like a pasha during your stay. Always smiling and helpfull. If you are going for a massage ask for Mine or Keutete. The lounge bar is open until 1am which is great since going out clubbing in Istanbul sucks unless you have some lady company, since you will not be allowed to enter a club unless you are a couple.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to read your positive comment regarding your stay.
Also we would like to thank you very much for your excellent feedback which we shared with our team. It is always rewarding to read such a comment. We will continue to pass on our passion for excellence to our guests.

Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've spent quite a few nights at the Sheraton Maslak and will be returning in the future. I have to admit that it's not the hotel itself that makes me want to come back, but rather its immediate proximity to our company's office.

On the upside the hotel's staff is definitely worth the 5-star badge. Yet somehow the rooms fail to achieve this and I truly believe that they are in need of renovation. I usually get a Standard Room, but for my next stay I will be getting a Club Executive one and I am curious to see whether it is in the same condition.

Breakfast is more than enough for my needs and the restaurant has some pretty good courses on the menu, but nothing fancy.

All in all an average experience due to the condition of the building itself. However, the staff is great!

Room Tip: Try to get one with a view over the Bosphorus. Early mornings are spectacular!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
sheratonmaslak, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Istanbul Maslak Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013

Greetings from the magical city of Istanbul!

We are delighted to receive your positive comments as nothing can be more gratifying than favorable comments from our guests. Your constructive feedback is also much appreciated as your satisfaction and comfort are our first priority and highest mission.

Best regards,

Guest Relations Supervisor

Been to Sheraton Istanbul Maslak Hotel? Share your experiences!