“If you are not on business trip, u might want to read on” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Legacy Ottoman Hotel

You added Legacy Ottoman Hotel to your Saves list
Legacy Ottoman Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hobyar Mahallesi Hamidiye Caddesi No 16 | Sirkeci, Istanbul 34112, Turkey (Sirkeci)   |
Ranked #596 of 981 Hotels in Istanbul
Shanghai, China
“If you are not on business trip, u might want to read on”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am disappointed at the services of this hotel in general. Hotel transportation from airport was confirmed and yet I was not picked up and there was no apologies from any of the staff, they don't even seem to know that they did not pick up the guests that was scheduled. I had to make my own arrangement from airport to send me to the hotel and it cost me about USD45
When I got to the hotel I was impressed with the lobby ambience and security but that was the only thing that left a positive impression as the rest of the stay was quite unpleasant. First off, as I booked through booking.com, I couldn't change the date on the website however I wrote to the hotel to inform them about it and got a confirmation from the manager. I thought the check in will be a smooth one, and I was wrong. There was an older front desk guy who looked at my booking sheet and just shrugged his shoulder telling me to go find another hotel for the day earlier as they don't have any rooms available. (I got locked out of my email address from yahoo due to change of location and couldn't show them the confirmation I made with the manager) I was a single lady traveler and he just shrugged his shoulders and said he couldn't help! Thankfully another younger guy, Mr Polat was kind and patient enough to call the manager and was able to confirm that there was already an agreement that I could have a room a day earlier.
However, the air conditioner in the room was useless!! The nights I stayed there I woke up sweating because I couldn't control the temperature of the room, it was supposedly central controlled. Even after I made the feedback that the room was too warm, nothing had been done.
Another thing that upset me was the mode of payment. Even though I use my credit card to confirm my booking, I chose to pay in cash. Again, this was all supposedly confirmed with the same manager. When I informed the front desk about this, once again all I got from the older guy was that it was paid from my credit card and there is nothing that can be done. Once again Mr Polat came to my rescue, calling the manager to confirm that it was the agreement and they would proceed with cancelling credit card transaction.

Room Tip: Good luck for that.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Poor service. A friend sent flowers for my birthday however I was not notified they arrived. When I asked at reception the first person did not understand english second person said nothing arrived for me and it took 3 people and me pushing to finally find out that my flowers had been sitting on the reception desk. There was no apology. I was not happy that my flowers were being enjoyed by reception and guests checking in rather than sitting on my room for me to enjoy.
In addition to this my room was stifling hot. The air conditioning didn't work properly. I would never stay at this hotel again

Room Tip: dont get a room with your window opening into the atrium
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed 3 nights on 2 seperate occasions. Hotel facilities were wonderful. Health spa offers great relaxing services. Beautiful looking hotel BUT Airconditioning was useless. Ask for a room with an outside window to get fresh air. Rooms facing the void lack natural light and air flow and are very uncomfortable when only 22deg outside.

Sth East Qld
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent several nights at this hotel and it is definetly not 5 star. Check in was slow and disorganised. One would have thought they could employ at least one English speaking person in either reception or the restaurant. 1st floor rooms adjoining the reception area are noisy all day|night. Beds were far from comfortable. A-C just does not work and room was warm all day & night. Our return a week later in a different room was no better.

Room Tip: Ask for top floors
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Went there last week, the hotel was nice. strategically placed near famous landmarks such Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia, Spice Market, and Galata Bridge.

The breakfast food was GREAT, have a range of foods from savory dishes to sweet turkish delight.

one thing that bothered me a bit, that the hallway is too dark (equipped with some kind of sensor, as soon as you enter the hallway the lights will turned on). but still, sometimes it gave me a creepy feelings

other that that, i really enjoyed most of the time i was there :D

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is in good location. In old town, just steps from the spice market and next to the ferry and fish market, on the other end of the bridge. Rooms are clean, good size, buffet breakfast is ok with good selection of bread.

Room Tip: Pick the side facing the river, great view, if in the upper floor.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
ZAKSOY, at Legacy Ottoman Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Jim P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment.

We are truly grateful and pleased to know that your stay a satisfaction was.

We always follow the policy of service from good to perfect.

The happiness of our guests is the most important thing for us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Best regards,

Mehmet AKKOYUN
Guest Relations
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I found the location of this hotel to be excellent. It is perhaps a 10 minute walk to Hagia Sofia and ten minutes to the Bazaar. The room was very spacious and the bed was excellent. I found it quiet. The lobby is grand and the elevator fun.
The room was very hot and the shower spout coming out of the top part of the wall (which caused spills) were drawbacks.
I found the doormen very friendly but the desk staff were rude.
The view from the restaurant is breathtaking but do not eat here. There is a cafe at street level outside the hotel and it's excellent.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
ZAKSOY, at Legacy Ottoman Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear SeeingTHEworld2012,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment.

We are truly grateful and pleased to know that your stay a satisfaction was.

We always follow the policy of service from good to perfect.

We assure you. That we will be in contact with the departments which you've had problems in order to prevent others.

The happiness of our guests is the most important thing for us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Best regards,

Mehmet AKKOYUN
Guest Relations

Been to Legacy Ottoman Hotel? Share your experiences!