“Just amazing place to stay with amazing people to meet!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Med Cezir Hotel

You added Med Cezir Hotel to your Saves list
Med Cezir Hotel
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Tevkifhane Sok. No:6 Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul 34122, Turkey (Sultanahmet - Old City)   |
Ranked #6 of 828 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Moscow, Russia
“Just amazing place to stay with amazing people to meet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

When we decided to go to Istanbul for a short vacation with our mums, we were pretty worried by dozens of questions - where to stay, where to eat, what's the service gonna be like, as we really wanted this trip to be perfect. And thanks God we've made the right choice and decided to stay at Med Cezir - best location, perfect view from the terrace, marvellous rooms - small but really cosy with everything you may need, delicious food and the restaurant at the ground floor and fo course the most pleasant stuff I've ever met - warm smiles, heaps of useful advice, kind greatings, any help and a cup of amazing tea every time you feel like, do not miss the chance to get acquainted with Med Cezir guys. Thanks a lot for a great time spent in Istanbul!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
medcezir, General Manager at Med Cezir Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
We thank you very much for your review. We hope to see and host you again in our lovley hotel .warm regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

For my first trip out of the united states I picked a great place to stay. I want to thank Tony and Sadik for being so helpful to me on this my first journey. They both helped me to where I wanted to go and they kept me fed and happy. I hope that all who read this take me for my word. This is a centrally located place to all the sites you might want to see. If there is any extras you need talk to Tony or Sadik . Tesekkur ederim my friends.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
nora sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

It was cold in Istanbul but the nice hotel with its cosy restaurant made the stay a great hit.
Fantastic food, good service, clean room, wonderful staff with a lot of humour.
Very near the "important" to see places.
We recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights with 3 other friends, and we loved it. The location is perfect - the hotel is within walking distance of the major sights in Sultanahmet. It takes maybe 2 minutes to walk to Sultanahmet Square, and the rooftop terrace has an amazing view of the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. The rooms and shared bathrooms are not large but are clean. Breakfast is included each morning and served with a smile. The staff was so friendly and helpful during our stay. I'm definitely recommending Med Cezir to my friends and family!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

You couldn´t ask for a better location. Right next to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. The only downside of that is the call to prayer at 6AM, but that´s a small price to pay. The breakfasts are free and a really good deal. The staff is excellent. They´re extremely helpful and engaging.

• Stayed March 2011
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

The staff from Med Cezir Hotel gave us a very friendly welcome.
The room was larger than expected, good beds, good sleep. In the private bathroom we found a hair dryer and everything we needed.
Even an electric-kettle was provided, so we could prepare tea on our own. Beautiful hangings, tasteful curtains ... I liked the room very much.
In summer you can sit on the roof-terrace and enjoy the terrific view: Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque ...
I loved the Turkish food in the restaurant.
Very nice staff, familiar atmosphere ...
I´d love to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I stayed for 7 nights with my wife and two children, and I thought they will serve the breakfast for two adults but they gave us 4 plates of Turkish breakfast! The staff welcomes us with bread and turkish tea as we arrived after 10 hours flight, and it's such a lovely greeting for our first day in Istanbul. This is my second trip to Istanbul and I will recommend this hotel to anybody. The location, perfect - just a walking distance to Arasta Bazaar and the famous Blue Mosque. There is a small grocery store nearby, cafes everywhere and I loved it!

-Adzman Ahmad, Malaysia.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Med Cezir Hotel? Share your experiences!