“Fair cost, well located, excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #355 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Saudi Arabia
“Fair cost, well located, excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

A MAGIC CITY!!, incredible mix of religions and cultures, a lot and long of history in one place. A lot to learn about history but so fun bargaining while shopping. Not that cheap!. Friendly local people. Take good running shoes to make the long day walking more comfortable.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

What a deal. This is my second time in Turkey and Istanbul was my first stop. The hotel was simply excellent value. Superior location, quality accomodation standards and friendly staff. The hotel district is fun turistic place with lots of shops and cafes and restraunts. And we took a sighseeing tour and saw all the historical sites such as Topkapi and the famous mosques of Istanbul. The covered bazar was amazing. Perhaps the rooms were a little small but considering the fact that we spent time only for sleeping at night, this was a great value in Istanbul.

Room Tip: Location and quality accomodations
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

Fantastic location and the hotel has just been done up with amazing views from the top floor where you can have breakfast .The staff are friendly and courteous and no doubt I will be back with my customers.

Adrian

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

in general thehotel is OK. when we were about to check in the rceptionist took 15 minutes to locate our reservation. The hotel seems to have booked us on the wrong dates. In addition, both receptionist were not that professional, they were asking" how many rooms is it?" The rooms were too small but clean and neat. However, a guest ordered in-room food and kept the tray in the corridor after he finished, and the tray was in that corridor for more that 24 hours?!!!! On the other hand, if you are a quick visitor in Istanbul, it is kind of worth it but if you opt for a good choice, you may try a much better place in Taksim.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
New York, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights.
Our first two nights were in room 112. The small room had no closet or drawers, so the suitcases had to be open in the middle of the floor. There was also no light, so we kept stepping on our stuff because in the evening when there was no daylight, you really couldn't see with the extraordinary low light in the room. We asked for a lamp, they said they didn't have any, so they changed our room. The staff at the hotel, except for Mr. Yasar, were nice and helpful. I made it clear that my husband could not tolerate a room with cigarette smoke due to asthma, and I was told we were moving to a nonsmoking room, room 214. When we briefly entered the room during the day, the porter commented on the smell in the room, and opened the window. We left immediately to go out after bringing our luggage to the room.
We returned to the room that evening . The room had a smoky/chemical smell in it. We tried to air it out repeatedly. My husband's asthma became increasingly bad, and by 1am, he couldn't breath and moved to the hallway. The front desk staff noticed him in the hall, and invited him to sleep in the lobby. They did not offer another room, though there may not have been one available. He spent a few hours on the couch in the lobby, and then people came in smoking. He moved to the breakfast room until about 3:30am. Then we went back to the lobby, which was still too smoky, and the porter at the front desk, trying to be helpful, suggested a conference room. Around 4 or so in the morning, my husband was on the floor of the conference room trying to sleep; they brought him a blanket.
Needless to say, it was a terrible night.

I went to the lobby to discuss the situation with a manager. Mr Yasar said he was the manager, and another staff member had a questioning look on their face, so I tried to clarify this with him. When discussing the terrible night we had, Mr. Yasar just kept insisting it was a nonsmoking room. That is really not relevant when the room smells so terribly. I don't care if it was supposed to be nonsmoking, clearly someone smoked quite a lot in there. Anyway, he said he couldn't give any credit to
our credit card because we paid in advance. We paid over $600 for three nights. Then he proceeded to collect the 2 days of internet payment. It is difficult to describe the condescending tone he took with me. He refused to give me any direct contact information to speak with a manager. He was terribly rude. He did take my contact information to give to a manager, but I never heard from anyone.

Soon after, we were in the lobby leaving, and my husband politely said "thank you" to the desk staff, and instead of apologizing to him for the terrible night he had, Mr. Yasar asked me "can you tell me compliments you have for us." Compliments? I spent most of the night awake worrying that we were going to end up at the hospital due to my husband's inability to breathe, and he wants compliments? My husband was still coughing, and he wants compliments?

I would have given the hotel a higher rating if not for the terrible service of the upper staff. The porters were quite nice and trying to be helpful.

After my stay, I never heard from anyone. I emailed the hotel twice. Then I contacted Best Western. The hotel still didn't respond to me, but did lie to Best Western saying that they offered us a suite repeated, but we refused! Saying my husband CHOSE TO SLEEP ON THE FLOOR OF A CONFERENCE ROOM!! They also lied and said that the lobby was nonsmoking and just not big enough to satisfy my husband! This makes no sense!
I am so infuriated by them! Lying about us and being so rude in person.

• Liked — Only good for a smoker who likes to sit in the dark in a small room without complaints
  • Disliked — Managerial staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

For a family with children this hotel is a good option. we asked for a two big rooms, since there is some small rooms in the hotel. In general the room was clean, nice as a 4 star hotel. the location is great, one of the best in istanbul. But if am going to istanbul without children, I prefer to stay in other hotel more romantic for a couple.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Not Romantic
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

It was truly an unforgettable long week-end in Istanbul. Perfect first time visit I would say. Special surprise - upgrade to a big suite with jacuzzi bath instead of standard room, which was initially prepaid via our agent. Quick tranfer from the airport (no traffic due to late hour) - and here were are ,right close to Taksim. Smooth check in, great sleep on a king bed.
We enjoyed both the hotel and the surroundings - full breakfast included in the rate - served in the top floor restarant with a magnificent view on the city, quick and accurate room service and housekeeping. Tiny streets leading to the square - variety of cafes, small shops accompanied by the smell of traditional turkish delights. Three days were not enough to discover the city - so we decided to be back in summer months. Same hotel of course - great value for money and perfect not only for leisure in the heart of the city, but business as well.
My sincere thanks to all the team!
Irina
Russia

• Liked — location and great service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Eresin Taxim Premier? Share your experiences!