“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lady Diana Hotel

You added Lady Diana Hotel to your Saves list
Lady Diana Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Binbirdirek Mah. Terzihane Sok. No:9 Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul 34400, Turkey   |
Ranked #359 of 945 Hotels in Istanbul
New York City, New York
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel offer excellent service and is in the best location of the Sultanhemet neighbor.
The room are very clean and the breakfast is really good. Very affordable rates, I will recommend this hotel to everyone going to Istanbul

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Just an overnight so it took me awhile to choose a hotel, and I was not to sure about the mixed reviews on TA. We usually stay at another place but rates are so high during the tourist season. But we took a chance.
Checked in and got settled in, no problem, safe was locked upon arrival so had to have the bellman come up to unlock. I was concerned about noise but it was a nice quiet room. We went out to have dinner and returned and went to the roof top where we were greeted by Varush Telo the Guest Relations Mgr. Very nice man, wanted to make sure all was well and assured us that he would take care of any problem that may arise.

The room as small but comfortable. Ac worked pretty well, we were coming from very hot so I was looking forward to spring weather in Istanbul. The shower area was newly remodeled, a lot of marble, nicely done, again, small but nice, the shower, good thing we are not really big or overweight because doubtful you would fit into the shower and get the door closed!
Breakfast in the morning was the usual fair, would've been nice to have fried eggs but this is Turkey and I know they like their Med style food and breads.
The view on the roof top is great. You have a nice unobstructed view of the Blue Mosque and not to much further away is the Hagia Sofia. Both look great lit up at night too. Nice views for dinner for breakfast.
We never did wifi going. The breakfast staff were ok, they need some more training however on customer service and etiquette. Varush can teach them as he has the knowledge. When asked a question their answers were short and brusque, not too friendly.

Overall, a pleasant stay and the price was right. I'd go back

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel is a very short walk to the Blue Mosque, etc. Also the location is good as you won't get lost in all the winding streets of Istanbul :). The front desk and PR service were very helpful and had good information. The room was clean and a bit on the small side, but that is normal in Turkey. Our floor had new bathrooms that were very nice. The sink is very small. The bed was comfortable as were the pillows. THE VIEW ON TOP OF THE HOTEL IS GORGEOUS!!!! We had breakfast every morning up there. The food was good and there was a large selection. I am an expat living in Turkey and I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Centrally located at sultanahmet,close to blue mosque n hagya sophia.Rooms and toilet were very clean and hygenic. Staff was very cordial and helpful and helped us in booking trips locally.Breakfast buffet was good and the terrace restaurant has beautiful view of blue mosque and the bosporous.Very impressed with the staff and strongly recommend this hotel if anyone planning a trip to istanbul.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We have stayed in this hotel for 3 days and I can say its one of the best hotel I have ever stayed in Istanbul. It is newly decorated and the rooms are decent size with the location is just meters away from all the important places. The customer servises was also great . We contact them directly and had a great deal which they also upgrade us to delux room without extra charge. Also the roof top terrace restaurant has amazing view of the Blue mosque and Sulatanahmet Mosque. Will go there again

Room Tip: 4th floor is where we stay and we are very happy with it
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I haven't written any review in my whole life, but this time i found myself in such a bad situation that i had to report this to other travelers.

This week was my 5th visit to Turkey in 2014. I love the city and i love coming often for a break.

I came across a hotel during my search called Lady Diana, and went through its website that shows a really nice atmosphere. Great views with a nice terrace, spa and other facilities. The rooms seemed wow.

When i first arrived from the Airport, the least i could say i was chocked. The lobby was empty and the hotel was still under renovation. This was never mentioned by the website, and never mentioned through my communication with the hotel. The duty manager directly withdrew the amount of 3 nights, for my room.

I was supposed to come with a group, and one of my friends got stuck at the airport in Dubai and wasn't able to come with us. I explained it to the front office manager in charge, and he said he will no withdraw my money as i have done my friend a separate reservation for his room.

Next day morning they withdrew the money without informing me. When i asked they said that its normal but they will try to redeem again. It never happened.

We went down to the breakfast, and there was no buffet, someone brought us for each one plate with few pieces of cheese, one egg and bread !

The terrace that we saw in the website, did not exist. The spa does not exist. No water to drink in the room. No tissue papers. No mini bar or at least coffee or tea !!!

My friend from istanbul passed by to see us me and my friends, he stayed for less than half an hour and when he left, he gt humiliated by the staff at the reception !!!!

Bottom line, i would say the worst hotel , the worst staff and a big internet lie.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Москва, Россия
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a short sightseeing tour in Stambul with my daughter during he autumn school break. Great thing is the location and the roof view/bar, not so great - really small room and bathroom. Breakfast was a kind of standard, however with quite a limited number of choices.

Room Tip: Talk to the reception if the room faces the noisy street to change
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lady Diana Hotel? Share your experiences!