“Excellent hotel, perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Niles Istanbul

You added Hotel Niles Istanbul to your Saves list
Hotel Niles Istanbul
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ordu Cad. Dibekli Cami Sok. No19 | Beyazit (Old City/Grand Bazaar District), Istanbul 34400, Turkey   |
Ranked #32 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent hotel, perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed 2 nights (Nov. 14 & 15) at Hotel Niles in Istanbul. After reading the reviews, what more can I say? All the employees will go head over heels to accomodate your requets. We travel a lot and we never got this kind of service in similar hotels anywhere. Just an example, we bought 2 lamps at the Grand Bazar. When we left on the 17 going to Izmir for a week, and since the lamps were fragile, they offered us to keep them in a safe place so we could pick them up on our way back. Unfortuntely, we were not coming back thru Istanbul but it was a nice proposal from them. Breakfast, which is include in the package, is nothing less than excellent. Eggs, fresh fruits, juice, different kinds of breads, sausage, etc. Everything you need to have a good start. In short, if you're looking for an hotel with great service, perfect location and realy affordable rates, look no more. Niles hotel is what you are looking for. I'd recommend this hotel anytime.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have to confess that I've always been someone who's skeptical of any online promotions and website deals. But I decided to have a go at it for the first time and tried Tripadvisor. And I have to say that I'm most grateful to TA for helping us zero down on this little gem. I booked a six-stay night stay at the Niles based on the splendid reviews on TA and have not regretted it one bit.
It began with my enquiry mail to them to Kemal, their front office manager which sent a very prompt reply. This was followed up with a brief introduction to their hotel, weather condition and the sightseeing options around Istanbul. They even offered to fetch us a museum pass and it was ready by the time we arrived at the hotel. Now the highlight. I had booked a standard room and I guess since we were traveling with an infant, they decided to throw us a pleasant surprise by upgrading us to a junior suite (111). It was pretty to say the least and came with ample storage space and a really spacious bathroom. A microwave, percolator and a mini bar are part of the deal. And yes, the bed are the most comfortable and I hadn't slept that well in ages!
The breakfast which is also part of the package has quite a spread and Handa, the attendant at the rooftop is most accommodating with impromptu requests, especially with a child. Oh yes, they have a very cute outdoor eating area with a view of the Marmara sea.
What's endearing about the Niles is that they never turn down any of your requests even if it's most unexpected. Like the time my camera acted up and I was upset because it was just out third day in Istanbul. I asked the reception if they had a spare camera and they immediately lent me their in-house camera. Now who would do that? Kemal was also gracious enough to drive down my husband and me to a mall that was on the outskirts of town on his way home one day. Thanks Kemal, that was most appreciated! They even gave us the Istanbulkart to use for public transport and we didn't have to go hunting for it. Yes, we had the best time of our life in Istanbul and Niles had a huge part to play in it. It is located 3 minutes away from the grand bazaar and is a pleasant ten minute walk from Sultanahmet. And all this came at a very very reasonable price and I'm sure every bit of your stay here will be more than worth it. I'm definitely going back to Niles!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We found hotel service in Turkey uniformly excellent, and Hotel Niles was no exception. Staff helped us with bus tickets, restaurant bookings and tram tickets (the porter even walked with us to the tram stop when we left, so we could use up remaining credit on the tram pass the hotel lent us!). The location was also great - a bit away from the ultra-tourist Sultanahmet but still an easy walk from the main sites. We had the cheapest style of room, which was nothing flash, but still very comfortable. And the breakfast is amazing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I chose this hotel on the basis of the majority of the reviews, about how helpful the staff were, location, etc. I wasn't disappointed. I stayed from 19th to 23rd November.
The hotel contact you prior to arrival with details of the area, weather and so on. I was picked up at the airport and had a pleasant ride to the hotel. I was amused to see a drunk taking a dunp behind a sign on the way to the hotel, hopefully not a sign of things to come!!
The hotel is down a hilly street but we were greeted by a member of staff who carried my suitcase up to the hotel where i met the reception staff. I was taken up to my room (411, the penthouse suite). This room comes with a small balcony which offers a partial view of the Bosphorus. The room was clean and tidy, the bathroom was the same. I was here to celebrate my birthday. Breakfast is served on the roof top restaurant. I enjoyed the selection of food on offer, you have a choice of hot food (eggs, etc), cereal, fresh fruit, a selection of jams. It was all lovely. The staff are friendly and always willing to provide information on things to do. The weather was great, for the end of November, I was wandering about in t-shirt and jeans. It rained on my last full day but as I was going to the Grand Bazaar, didn't get too wet getting there!
My only gripe was that as I was there to celebrate my birthday, there was no effort as in previous years when I have been in other hotels such as balloons, cakes, or complimentary trips to/from airport which i have received on other birthdays. Apart from this, I had a wonderful time at the hotel and would like to thank all the staff at the hotel for their attention.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the penthouse suite, not huge but you get a partial view of the Bosphorus on one s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

What a great experience! The Niles is a small boutique hotel near the Grand Bazaar a block or so off the main street. It was clean and modern inside but retained a very local flavour in its decor. The best thing about our stay though were the staff who, to a person, were friendly and welcoming - making us feel we were just visiting good friends. The include breakfast buffet exceeded expectations. I would highly recommend this hotel even though it was slightly off the beaten path. In fact the area around the hotel had evn better buys of quality goods than in the bazaar. Our thanks to the manager and staff for making our stay in Istanbul most memorable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Niles Hotel is within walking distance to historical places such as Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and shopping areas. Its also near to Beyazit Tram Station and you can just travel anywhere. Hospitality was awesome. The staffs was friendly and helpful and indeed welcoming. The ambience of the restaurant was amazing facing the Marmara Sea. Rooms are clean, cozy and comfortable.

Overall Niles Hotel was indeed a GEM.!!. I would recommend this place to all travellers planning to visit Istanbul.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay @ the Niles Hotel. From the airport pick-up through registration and breakfast, everyone treated us well and were completely helpful. You have to walk three blocks into a side street from the Beyazit station. It's walking distance from all the sites and a block away from the Grand Bazaar. The morning breakfast buffet was great and really filled you up it was a great visit to Istanbul.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Niles Istanbul? Share your experiences!