“Hotel Niles- An Excellent Friendly Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Niles Istanbul

You added Hotel Niles Istanbul to your Saves list
Hotel Niles Istanbul
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ordu Cad. Dibekli Cami Sok. No19 | Beyazit (Old City/Grand Bazaar District), Istanbul 34400, Turkey   |
Ranked #32 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Hotel Niles- An Excellent Friendly Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

We have just returned from a weekend stay( November) at the Hotel Niles. We stayed in one of the suites. The rooms and bathrooms are of a very high standard- marble wetroom- our suite had a fridge and microwave as well. The hotel is ideally situated for exploring istanbul on foot ,with tram and bus links if you wish to go further. The staff are the most helpful , pleasant thoughtful and friendly people I have met -nothing is too much for them . My husband and I have done a lot of worldwide travel. and this hotels staff are the best! Kemal the front desk manager arranged our transfers from the airport and also kindly posted something important I had stupidly left in our room.
The roof top terrace / bar where breakfast is served has a great view of the sea and istanbul. Murat looked after us there and again like all the staff - he is a very pleasant, hardworking individual
I am certainly looking forward to coming back to stay at the Hotel Niles soon and will be recommending it to friends and family. Thank you Hotel Niles for a memorable weekend.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite on the first floor which was quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
West Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Hotel Niles is 3 blocks from the Grand Bazaar on a side street that doesn't get a lot of noisy traffic. It is clean and modern (the older side is due for remodeling in Feb 2012 with marble bathrooms and larger rooms). The staff is very helpful and friendly. They have airport pickup for 25 euros (about 36 dollars) which is reasonable and convenient. There is a lovely roof top terrace that has open areas for nice weather and a glass enclosed area with lots of plants and 2 pet cockatiels. Breakfast is served here, simple but tasty. There is tea and coffee available made fresh 24 hours. There are many restaurants within walking distance. The Tram stops 3 blocks away, giving easy access to the rest of the city. If I ever get back to Istanbul I will definitely be staying here!

Room Tip: Rooms on street might be a little noisy during the day into early evening, but are quiet at night.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

We looked to trip advisor for advice when looking for a hotel in Istanbul for our trip in October and we were not disappointed! Hotel Niles is a wonderful place to stay while in Istanbul. The staff are incredible, friendly, and generous. Upon arriving we were greeted with a glass a tea and told to relax on the sofas in the inviting lobby. Totally unexpected and such a nice gesture given it was a little dreary outside. We opted for the standard rooms which were more than adequate. We are in our late 20s, so we had little complaint with the accomodations, size, etc. The rooms were very clean and offered enough room in our mind. Like many other hotels in Istanbul, the Hotel Niles had a great rooftop terrace, bar, breakfast room that was open 24hours a day for drinks/dinner should you please (with server available - we especially their company in the evening, they were so friendly and generous). The view is very good and offers a nice place to relax after a long day of sightseeing and enjoy a book and Efes. The breakfast was outstanding and offered a wide array of choices - very fresh. The biggest surprise was that it was my birthday that week and upon arrival into our room after walking all day, we were greeted by a bouquet of flowers, bottle of wine, and slice of cake from the Hotel! Murat, who works the top floor, must have said something to the front desk and they went out of their way to make us feel welcome and help celebrate the big occasion with us - we cannot thank them enough. He and another delightful staff member had brought us fruit,cheese, and bread on the house for our birthday celebrations too - such a warm gesture. Murat, Kemal, Ahmet, and all the other staff are outstanding and really take this hotel to another level. We think it is excellent value and in such close proximity to the tram, 5-10 minute walk to Sultanahmet, and right across the street from Beyazit Square, the Grand Bazaar, and Istanbul University. We highly recommend this place and even have two friends who are staying there next week based upon our recommendation! Please enjoy! Thanks again Hotel Niles! Hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

For those people who are going to stay in Istanbul, I strongly recommend Hotel Niles. My sister and I stayed there for 5 days between Sept/October, 2011 and it was wonderful! This was our second trip to Istanbul and Turkey and the hotel we stayed last time was really good except it was a bit far from the tram and we got lost so many times, so I booked Hotel Niles this time because it was much closer to the tram (just a 3-4 minute walk). The area is not the best in the city but once you are inside the hotel, everything was superb - from the front staffs, our room (though small but very clean) and the roof-top restaurant and its staffs. They responded to our questions or requests very promptly every time. Everyone working there was polite but very friendly - exactly the way we ususally want from the hotel staffs. I am glad we switched to Hotel Niles and when I go back to Istanbul (beautiful and exciting city!) I will definitely stay there again. I showed the pictures taken at the rooftop restaurant to my family and friends and everyone says what a wonderful place it looks like (the food, view and atmosphere)!

Room Tip: Our room was facing the street and we were afraid it might be too noisy but amazingly we had no comp...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We were very impressed with the hotel, especially the staff. The location is great, walking distance to many major sites (steps from the Grand Bazaar and major tram line, 10+ minutes to other sites). The rooms were simple - we were in the non-suite - but clean and adequate. Lobby is charming, the public computer with internet worked. The staff was super friendly and helpful. We found that some staff in museums and restaurants in Istanbul were not particularly helpful, which made the friendly smiles and 'at your service' attitude at the hotel even more appreciated. The breakfast is very nice, lots of options, and the rooftop deck/lounge was a pleasant place to unwind, with 24hr small bar for convenicence. The two managers (Kemel & Ahmet I think were their names) were the best- The value/quality ratio of this hotel far exceeded our expectations. We are LGBT but it made no difference to staff or experience. I posted the same review on Orbitz - really like it. Note that the roof deck is for snacks/drinks, not a restaurant per se.

Room Tip: The non-suite rooms are plain and simple, but we were on the 5th floor so it was just steps to the r...
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I did a lot of research before choosing Hotel Niles, and I am nothing but pleased with my decision. The hotel was charming and VERY clean, the staff was exceptionally hospitable, and I loved the location. It is close to all of the sights but still has the feeling of being away from the thick of it.
We had two rooms here for four nights, and I was traveling with my fiancee and mother. The rooftop area was fantastic for my mother to stay in one evening when she was tired after a day of tromping around the city, and wonderful for my fiancee and I to enjoy a glass of wine at the end of the night.
The breakfast buffet was delicous, and one of the most varied that we experienced in our three weeks in Turkey.
Great value, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Didcot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Istanbul is a fascinating city and I warmly recommend the Hotel Niles. It is a lovely traditional family run hotel. The suite with its traditional Turkish decor and bathroom was a pleasure to be in. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful and we enjoyed drinks on the roof terrace and meeting in the the beautifully furnished reception area.

Room Tip: The suites are very attractive.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Niles Istanbul? Share your experiences!