“Megara hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #158 of 944 Hotels in Istanbul
New York, New York, United States
“Megara hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I enjoyed staying in Megara hotel! The service was excellent, employees were always pleasant, any help I needed they always provided because of my business meetings. I recommend it to everyone who wants to visit Istanbul!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gdansk, Pomorskie, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I strongly reccomend this place, well located, nice and tidy rooms and lounge and friendly staff, specialy the one in reception or the ones working at the restaurant. they attempt to give u the best stay they can. I choose this one because one friend recommended me and sincerely it is the best option i found.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is very close proximity to the Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque and lot of restaurants in the area. The restaurant has a great view to the Bosphorous and Marmara. The staff were very friendly. Overall it was a wonderful experience and recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Roma, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Lovely hotel, short walk from Topkapi Palace and Sultanahmet Square. Great location within easy reach of the Grand Bazaar and the main tourist attractions in Istanbul. Rich breakfast on the beautiful terrace where you can enjoy a spectacular view on the Marmara sea and Bosphorus.
Staff very friendly and welcoming. The only drawback is the dawn call to prayer of the muezzin from the nearby mosque. But I think this is an issue in whole Istanbul. Nearby there are many affordable typical restaurants with excellent Turkish cuisine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Doha Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for few nights... and it was our luck that we found this property.... Excellent Staff..... Awesome location...... Great Ambience.... Tasty food....... We felt so satisfied for the money we spent on the room rent.... the service was at premium...... The hospitality was at par to home.... The staffs are very friendly and welcoming.... Gave us all the best service we could get.... This hotel is much better than a Five star property.... I would recommend this property and will always come back to stay here..... Great Work The Megara Team.... keep up your excellent service..... we Will go Instanbul and sure we will stay only at THE MEGARA PALACE....
It is awesome.......

Room Tip: Ask for the Sea view Room..... They are great , esp for couples.... Its Very romantic to sit on the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We arrived in Istanbul by plane and my wife was very ill. All she wanted to do was lay down and sleep.
I inquired at reception about a pharmacy and was told that they were closed at this time however the manager provided us with a box of Panadol that he had on site for himself. He also provided me with information on where the nearest hospitals were should one be required and marked their location on a map.
Barb took the pills and also some anti biotic that we brought with us from Australia and she went to bed.
I spent the next few hours getting my bearings around the hotel area.
Enquires were made several times about Barbs condition during this time and it was pointed out that it was a shame to be so sick on holidays particularly as it was her birthday. (He must have noticed the date on the passport)
I had dinner alone in the beautiful rooftop restaurant that nite and finished my meal off with a small bottle of red wine which was recommended to me by Mazlum, the waiter, cook, doorman and all round friendly concierge.
I returned to the room and found Barb awake this time and feeling much better.
The phone rang 10 minutes later and it was Mazlum inquiring about her condition. I assured him that she was on the mend and thanked him for his concern. Within minutes he was at the door with a plate of fruit, a small bottle of wine (the same I had ordered with dinner) with a candle burning as he sang an excellent version of happy birthday to her in English.
We have stayed at many hotels all over the world but we have never experienced such genuine friendly and helpful service anywhere to compare to this. We were both very touched. It made our time at this hotel very enjoyable. We were welcomed home every afternoon by Mazlum which made it feel like we were returning home each day.
The location of the hotel is perfect. Very close to the major attractions and the service unbeatable.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.
If you need any more information about it please contact me at the above e-mail address.

STEVE and BARB.
AUSTRALIA.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Really enjoyed our four night stay at the Megara in early October. The hotel was within walking distance to many of the major attractions, and a street full of restaurants was very close by. A lovely breakfast was served at the Megara terrace restaurant overlooking the Bosphorus. The staff, especially Mazlum - the concierge, was extremely helpful and always very welcoming. The boutique hotel was very clean and well maintained. Great location and we would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone spending time in Istanbul.
Ron and Barb, Canada

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Megara Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!