“Location pluses and minuses” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciragan Cad. No:46 Ortakoy, Besiktas, Istanbul 34349, Turkey (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #232 of 924 Hotels in Istanbul
Miami
“Location pluses and minuses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in Mid-September on our first trip to Turkey. Overall the hotel was great, although the traffic to get back to the hotel was annoying. After a wonderful buffet breakfast on the terrace on the Bosphorous with clear views down to the Sulthanamet we'd leave around 10, grabbing plentiful taxis to Taksim for around TL10. Returning around 6 was like trying to get into Manhattan, it was faster to walk. There's no tram to the hotel, it stops about a 30 minute walk away. There are no ferries either. If you've been walking all day save some energy for this walk. We even had some taxis refuse to take us, I assume because of the traffic, but of course since they don't speak English we never figured it out.

From Taksim you can get good public transport or take the hop on/off bus. The bus was not working for us as it stopped too long at monuments, every time we went to reboard it would not be leaving for another 30 minutes. So we'd wonder off to get a beer and return too late invariably waiting for a check that never came. In fact I would say patience is a virtue in Istanbul.

The area around the hotel has everything you could want in nightlife, so really why bother leaving. You have very high-end restaurants around as well as affordable eateries. The breakfast buffet was very complete. We had it 2 days. There's a bunch of smaller eateries around like Kitchenette that had great coffee and croissants and deserts at night. There's a large pedestrian area that extends from the hotel door to the bridge with shops and restos. We tried Ferriye's next door and it was a beautiful place but the food disappointed. I asked for a medium filet and it arrived way too fast and undercooked. It was only 9PM and they were anxious for us to leave. We did a dinner cruise on the Transtur which although the food wasn't great the entertainment and experience made it great and memorable. The boat stops at a nearby dock (200 yards) to board and return you so you don't have to deal with transfers to the dock.

The room was very well equipped. The bed and sheets were excellent. The rain shower had such great pressure you didn't want to get out. There was some noise if you face the alleyway where the front door is. There is Anjelique right outside and it goes to late as does Zuma and the partygoers, their cars and limos aren't concerned with their noise. If you want to be on the Bosphorous and the Ciragan is not in your budget, the Rad Blu is a good choice.

BTW I'd recommend a car and driver you can hire at the airport for I think around E50, much more comfortable for the long drive and the driver was gracious to point out the sights. Also the Ortakoy mosque is under renovation and comlpetely covered.

Room Tip: Upgrades at a price are available
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mustafa G, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments; we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and very pleased to hear your kind comments and positive feedbacks about our hotel and services.

As you have mentioned, we are in a unique location in Ortakoy; by the Bosphorus, very closeby to many nighlife & entertainment facilities and of course the best shopping areas.
Hotel has a stylish design and room types for the maximum comfort of the guests during their stays. And there are many means of transportations available to discover the city.

Our Starboard Restaurant has a menu with special items to meet the expectations of both domestic & international travellers .
Also “Super Breakfast” is an extensive buffet featuring a range of food items as being the most important meal of the day.

We are expecting to meet you again with our warm and friendly welcome, excellent service and so many privileges .

Thank you very much again and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul.

Best Regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
advisor_8
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Radisson Bosphorus Hotel is well located near many coffee shops, restaurants and attractions.
View from restaurant and bar is great and staff well trained and polite.
Wellness area poor and not matching the rest of the hotel standards. However they have some good therapists.
Happy to recommend the hotel apart of recreational facilities.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul and sharing your valuable comments with us.

We are very pleased to hear that you loved our location: by the Bosphorus, in trendy and chic town Ortakoy which is one of the most popular disctrict in Istanbul.
We have a great location and as you’ve mentioned that you can find many nearby dining, & entertainment facilities. Best night clubs and trendy restaurants.
It is also great to hear that you experienced our “Yes I Can!” service philosophy and enjoyed.
We will consider your reviews for improvement of Wellness and spa facilities.

Once again thank you very much for your valuable comments and we will be looking forward to welcome you back, soon.

Best Wishes,

HK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here for a business conference, location is great with easy access to cafe, restaurant and super market, etc.
The meeting room on the terrace is great with seaview, can really enjoy it during breaks, but the hotel room rate euro 200 per night is bit too much for the facilities it offerd.
Lack of staff in the restaurant at early morning breakfast time (6:30 to 7:00), not all tables are set and ready, however during lunch, it is another situation, service is much better.
Staff at check in counter are nice and friendly, as some reviews mentioned, the concreige was not manned at all, difficult to ask for information.
Doubt that will pay this price for a private stay!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mustafa G, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience about
the hotel.

Please also accept my sincere apologies for your disappointment because
of the concierge service.
I would like to emphasize that; being a small luxury hotel with the best
location in town makes us pricy than the others with high occupancy
levels throughout the year.

I am pleased to inform you that your valuable comments have been
distributed to related departments.
Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to improve our services
by sharing your opinion.

We would like to see you at our beatiful hotel again.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I love this charming city 'Istanbul' and will definitely back soon .. actually it was my first visit to Istanbul and as usual i did ,i preferred to stay in the Radisson Hotel. There were 3 hotel , one was near the airport, one another was in the asian side. I found the hotel, one was in the bosphorus. It takes quite long to getting Hotel from the Airport , there was a huge jam, but city was incredibly big and lively. And at the first saw hotel just fascinated me, i found it near the Bosphorus with a lovely view on the water. It was like a dream. I booked for a business class room. I had a lovely sea view from room. Staff was definitely amazing. During my stay, they were all helpfull , especially front desk were all speaking very good english and was very smiley and friendly. I had my breakfast on the terrace. And in the evening i had this time my dinner in the lovely restaurant sitting in the terrace again. The bosphorus bridge was magnificent , with one word.. during the night i enjoyed, and i realized i felt in love with this city. i would like to say only thank you once again for this great experience.. , i will come back back for sure discover rest of the city at soon . ..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing us during your travel and sharing your valuable opinion.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and also we delivered our promise “Yes I Can” service to you!

I am also happy to hear that you liked the Radisson Blu’s Bosphorus’ amazing view, Starboard Restaurant which is banks on the Bosphorus and the overall service quality level at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back in Radisson Blu Bosphrus Hotel, Istanbul soon.

Best Regards,

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was my third time in Istanbul, decided to go with my friends on a weekend getaway. We decided to stay at this hotel because of the reasonable rates and the close proximity to the Bosphorus.

First of all, the hotel doesn't. Have a swimming pool, the breakfast buffet is nothing to brag about and if you like being close to noisy night clubs then this is a hotel for you.

I felt like the staff is being forced to be nice to the guests, the rooms are clean but I got the feeling I was in a dorm.

The only advantage I see for staying at this hotel is the close proximity to the Bosphorus.

Would NOT stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Mustafa G, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments on tripadvisor about your recent stay at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. I would like to inform you that our hotel is located in the chic and trendy part of Istanbul named Ortakoy area with breathtaking, stunning views over the Bosphorus and many nearby facilities like trend setting nightclubs and restaurants. The location, quality of product & service are the main reasons that our beautiful property has been rated as "trendiest hotel of 2012 " in tripadvisor.

I would also like to put emphasis on that we serve an assorted breakfast buffet with variety of items.

Once again I do apologize and hope that we will being your host in the future.

Best Regards

odessa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I visited Istanbul and stayed at the Radisson Blu with my son in July. I switched hotel reservations a week or so before I left the States to the Radisson Blu and let me tell you, it was the best decision I made. We stayed in the Bosphorus Terrace Suite and it was amazing. The views were spectacular, the terrace was so spacious. We had breakfast delivered to the room each morning before heading out for the day. The room service was excellent, the breakfast delicious.

Mustafa and his staff took care of every request we had. I can't say enough about the service at this hotel. The location is perfect, as you are far enough away from the crowds, yet just a short cab ride away from the sites and steps away from the shopping and dining of Ortakoy.Taking in the view of the Bosphorous while sipping "Ottomon Mojito's" from the hotel bar was the perfect ending to a day of sightseeing.

I highly reccommend this hotel if you are visting Istanbul if service, location and views are what you are looking for. Mustafa, thanks again for making our stay at the Radison Blu such a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: The Bosphorus view rooms/suites are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kim,

I would thank you for your nice comments regarding your stay at Radisson Blu Bosphorus,Istanbul.

As you have especially emphasized, our hotel is lined up along the bosphorus which separates Asia and Europe continent and it is located in Ortakoy which is one of the most trendy disctrict in Istanbul.

It is also very being inordinately proud to hear your feedback about our tasety food & drinks. Our Executive Chef is the Turkish National Culinary Team captain and have many specialties on the menus for contemporary Turkish Cuisine that we serve in our Starboard Terracé Restaurant & Cruise Lounge Bar on our lobby level.
Thank you very much for your positive comments and thoughts again. We are looking forward to seeing you to luxuriate The Ottoman Mojito in our Cruise Lounge Bar Terrace on the Bosphorus.

Best Regards

Mustafa
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Nestled on a quiet street in otherwise bustling Ortakoy, this attractive hotel came highly recommended and was no disappointment. Best of all is the intimate terrace right on the strait, very pleasant to have breakfast or a drink under the umbrellas and watch the boats go by. Also attentive service, pleasant rooms (do ask for a view), and easy taxi access. Ortakoy, waterfront or the maze-like neighborhoods nearby, full of life and good shopping.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mustafa G, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments on trip advisor with your feedback following your stay at the Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul.
As you mentioned, our Hotel is located on the shores of Bosphorus at the very chic and popular area named Ortakoy. Staying with us in this wonderful location gives our guests easy access to most wanted destinations for shopping, sight seeing and cultural & historical daily trips without wasting time in traffic.

It is great and I am proud to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and given service at restaurant and bar terraces. I would like to underline that we are always trying to make every guest
a 100% comfortable during their stay in order to cater to all requests. With our warm and friendly welcome, excellent service and so many privileges, we would like to always make you welcome back to us.

Hoping to serve you in near future.
Best Regards.

Hotel Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul? Share your experiences!