“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciragan Cad. No:46 Ortakoy, Besiktas, Istanbul 34349, Turkey (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #221 of 920 Hotels in Istanbul
advisor_8
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Radisson Bosphorus Hotel is well located near many coffee shops, restaurants and attractions.
View from restaurant and bar is great and staff well trained and polite.
Wellness area poor and not matching the rest of the hotel standards. However they have some good therapists.
Happy to recommend the hotel apart of recreational facilities.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Mustafa G, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul and sharing your valuable comments with us.

We are very pleased to hear that you loved our location: by the Bosphorus, in trendy and chic town Ortakoy which is one of the most popular disctrict in Istanbul.
We have a great location and as you’ve mentioned that you can find many nearby dining, & entertainment facilities. Best night clubs and trendy restaurants.
It is also great to hear that you experienced our “Yes I Can!” service philosophy and enjoyed.
We will consider your reviews for improvement of Wellness and spa facilities.

Once again thank you very much for your valuable comments and we will be looking forward to welcome you back, soon.

Best Wishes,

Mustafa Gultekin
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
HK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here for a business conference, location is great with easy access to cafe, restaurant and super market, etc.
The meeting room on the terrace is great with seaview, can really enjoy it during breaks, but the hotel room rate euro 200 per night is bit too much for the facilities it offerd.
Lack of staff in the restaurant at early morning breakfast time (6:30 to 7:00), not all tables are set and ready, however during lunch, it is another situation, service is much better.
Staff at check in counter are nice and friendly, as some reviews mentioned, the concreige was not manned at all, difficult to ask for information.
Doubt that will pay this price for a private stay!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mustafa G, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience about
the hotel.

Please also accept my sincere apologies for your disappointment because
of the concierge service.
I would like to emphasize that; being a small luxury hotel with the best
location in town makes us pricy than the others with high occupancy
levels throughout the year.

I am pleased to inform you that your valuable comments have been
distributed to related departments.
Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to improve our services
by sharing your opinion.

We would like to see you at our beatiful hotel again.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I love this charming city 'Istanbul' and will definitely back soon .. actually it was my first visit to Istanbul and as usual i did ,i preferred to stay in the Radisson Hotel. There were 3 hotel , one was near the airport, one another was in the asian side. I found the hotel, one was in the bosphorus. It takes quite long to getting Hotel from the Airport , there was a huge jam, but city was incredibly big and lively. And at the first saw hotel just fascinated me, i found it near the Bosphorus with a lovely view on the water. It was like a dream. I booked for a business class room. I had a lovely sea view from room. Staff was definitely amazing. During my stay, they were all helpfull , especially front desk were all speaking very good english and was very smiley and friendly. I had my breakfast on the terrace. And in the evening i had this time my dinner in the lovely restaurant sitting in the terrace again. The bosphorus bridge was magnificent , with one word.. during the night i enjoyed, and i realized i felt in love with this city. i would like to say only thank you once again for this great experience.. , i will come back back for sure discover rest of the city at soon . ..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing us during your travel and sharing your valuable opinion.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and also we delivered our promise “Yes I Can” service to you!

I am also happy to hear that you liked the Radisson Blu’s Bosphorus’ amazing view, Starboard Restaurant which is banks on the Bosphorus and the overall service quality level at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back in Radisson Blu Bosphrus Hotel, Istanbul soon.

Best Regards,

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was my third time in Istanbul, decided to go with my friends on a weekend getaway. We decided to stay at this hotel because of the reasonable rates and the close proximity to the Bosphorus.

First of all, the hotel doesn't. Have a swimming pool, the breakfast buffet is nothing to brag about and if you like being close to noisy night clubs then this is a hotel for you.

I felt like the staff is being forced to be nice to the guests, the rooms are clean but I got the feeling I was in a dorm.

The only advantage I see for staying at this hotel is the close proximity to the Bosphorus.

Would NOT stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Mustafa G, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments on tripadvisor about your recent stay at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. I would like to inform you that our hotel is located in the chic and trendy part of Istanbul named Ortakoy area with breathtaking, stunning views over the Bosphorus and many nearby facilities like trend setting nightclubs and restaurants. The location, quality of product & service are the main reasons that our beautiful property has been rated as "trendiest hotel of 2012 " in tripadvisor.

I would also like to put emphasis on that we serve an assorted breakfast buffet with variety of items.

Once again I do apologize and hope that we will being your host in the future.

Mustafa Gultekin
odessa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I visited Istanbul and stayed at the Radisson Blu with my son in July. I switched hotel reservations a week or so before I left the States to the Radisson Blu and let me tell you, it was the best decision I made. We stayed in the Bosphorus Terrace Suite and it was amazing. The views were spectacular, the terrace was so spacious. We had breakfast delivered to the room each morning before heading out for the day. The room service was excellent, the breakfast delicious.

Mustafa and his staff took care of every request we had. I can't say enough about the service at this hotel. The location is perfect, as you are far enough away from the crowds, yet just a short cab ride away from the sites and steps away from the shopping and dining of Ortakoy.Taking in the view of the Bosphorous while sipping "Ottomon Mojito's" from the hotel bar was the perfect ending to a day of sightseeing.

I highly reccommend this hotel if you are visting Istanbul if service, location and views are what you are looking for. Mustafa, thanks again for making our stay at the Radison Blu such a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: The Bosphorus view rooms/suites are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kim,

I would thank you for your nice comments regarding your stay at Radisson Blu Bosphorus,Istanbul.

As you have especially emphasized, our hotel is lined up along the bosphorus which separates Asia and Europe continent and it is located in Ortakoy which is one of the most trendy disctrict in Istanbul.

It is also very being inordinately proud to hear your feedback about our tasety food & drinks. Our Executive Chef is the Turkish National Culinary Team captain and have many specialties on the menus for contemporary Turkish Cuisine that we serve in our Starboard Terracé Restaurant & Cruise Lounge Bar on our lobby level.
Thank you very much for your positive comments and thoughts again. We are looking forward to seeing you to luxuriate The Ottoman Mojito in our Cruise Lounge Bar Terrace on the Bosphorus.

Mustafa
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Nestled on a quiet street in otherwise bustling Ortakoy, this attractive hotel came highly recommended and was no disappointment. Best of all is the intimate terrace right on the strait, very pleasant to have breakfast or a drink under the umbrellas and watch the boats go by. Also attentive service, pleasant rooms (do ask for a view), and easy taxi access. Ortakoy, waterfront or the maze-like neighborhoods nearby, full of life and good shopping.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mustafa G, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments on trip advisor with your feedback following your stay at the Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul.
As you mentioned, our Hotel is located on the shores of Bosphorus at the very chic and popular area named Ortakoy. Staying with us in this wonderful location gives our guests easy access to most wanted destinations for shopping, sight seeing and cultural & historical daily trips without wasting time in traffic.

It is great and I am proud to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and given service at restaurant and bar terraces. I would like to underline that we are always trying to make every guest
a 100% comfortable during their stay in order to cater to all requests. With our warm and friendly welcome, excellent service and so many privileges, we would like to always make you welcome back to us.

Hoping to serve you in near future.
Best Regards.

misslp_2
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Just got back from staying at this hotel and I have to say it was amazing. From the moment the taxi pulled up outside to the minute we were collected and taken back to the airport, we had a fantastic time!

I must give a special mention to all the staff on reception who were so helpful and could not do enough to help in anyway they could. When I arrived in Istanbul my suitcase did not arrive with me!!! I was told by airport staff that my case would be deliverd to the hotel and informed staff of this when I arrived. They took a copy of the number I had been given and contacted the airport on my behalf to locate my case. On returning to the hotel after a day of sightseeing, my case was in my room waiting for me! In addition to this they answered numerous questions about the area and transport.

When we arrived we had a drink and ate in the bar. The food was lovely and sitting on the terrace in the sunshine with the excellent views over the Bosphorus was an excellent start to our break.

We stayed in a business class room which looked out over the Bosphorus. Our room was immaculate and I loved the bathroom - especially the bath which was lovely and deep. The bed was large and very comfortable.

I can't comment on the Breakfast as we did not eat in the hotel. We found the breakfast to be very expensive and so went out to eat each morning. Having said that it did look lovely! There seemed to be a huge range of food and drink to select from including cereal, omlette, smoked salmon, sausage, bread, toast, cheese, tea, coffee, orange juice, bucks fizz!

On our last day we did not leave until later in the afternoon so used the spa facilities to shower and change before setting off to the airport. My only regret was not using these facilities during our stay. There was a sauna, steam room and large jacuzii - perfect for an hour or so of relaxation!

Once again thank you to all the staff who went out of their way to make our stay so special! We will certainly be visiting again soon!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a river view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mustafa G, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Initially , we are very happy to hear such a nice words from you and additionally I would like to thank you for your comments regarding our hotel and staff. Getting this type of feedbacks from our guests makes us so proud of our staff and the service we are providing for our guests.

Sometimes not just the hotel but the staff make the difference. When these two things come together, it makes a perfect holiday which you had in your last stay. What we are doing is trying to make our guests feel at home with nice comfortable rooms and the personal touch of the staff.

Hopefully , during your next visit to our hotel, you are going to have our buffet breakfast which has a mix of traditional turkish and international tastes. By the way, if you have a business class or upper category room, the breakfast is directly included in the room rate.

Again, thank you for your valuable comments and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back, soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul? Share your experiences!