“Seems to be on the Decline” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul

You added Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciragan Cad. No:46 Ortakoy, Besiktas 34349, Istanbul 34349, Turkey (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #257 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
San Diego, California
“Seems to be on the Decline”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I have been traveling to Istanbul and staying at the Radisson for the last 4 years. The hotel offers a Scandinavian, no-nonsense approach to the business hotel. (everything you need, nothing more) in a great location. Lately, though, it seems to be losing its edge.

When I checked in, they seem not to be able to link my reservation with my profile. This is the first time this has happened and what makes it more confusing is that I called the hotel to ensure my Radisson frequent traveler number was linked to the reservation. It held up check in while we sorted this out. I was already late for my meetings due to a late plane arrival and the inefficient check in, just made me more late.

The room was the same type of room that one always gets at this hotel with a comfortable bed, as desk at which to work and a lone chair perfectly position to watch TV. What I noticed, though, is that the room was starting to show wear. The footstool on the chair was worn and the room seemed more dull than I remember. I think it is time for a refit.

What really seemed to have changed, though, was the service. I mentioned the check in, but when I went down to breakfast at 6:45am, there was no one there. The food was out, but no was greeted me at the door and, worst of all, there was no one making omelets. All the tools were there, but there was not a soul about. Even after the waiter appeared, the chef never showed. I left around 7:20am and still no chef to make me my omelet. Overall, though, the breakfast assortment, omelet aside, is outstanding and one of my favorite in Istanbul.

I will be back in 3 months and will give the Radisson one last chance. The location is so good, that it is hard to move hotels, but for the price, if they do not get their service up, I will be forced to move down the road to the Four Seasons or up the hill to the W.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that have lower numbers. The hotel is built at an angle, so the lower numbers (310 vs...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RD_Bosphorus, General Manager & District Director of Turkey and Georgia at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for sharing your valuable comments about your recent stay at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul. As you have also mentioned on your review, Our hotel is located on the shores of Bosphorus in Ortakoy and we are appreciated to hear that you prefer our hotel during your visits to Istanbul for 4 years with the Radisson Blu’s service concepts in an unbeatable location.

I do apologize for the inconveniences you faced regarding the service you received during your check-in and breakfast time. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. As you have indicated, the service you delivered do not reflect our service standards and we will immediately inform the related departments regarding your comments.

Please kindly send an e-mail to our Hotel Manager, Mr. Mustafa Gultekin at mustafa.gultekin@radissonblu.com about you next visit details and allow us to welcome you at our property.

I can assure you that upon your next visit you will be pleased to see that your comments have been taken into serious consideration.

Best regards,

Sonja Divé-Dahl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Turkish first
Worcester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I like the Radisson chain generally anwyay, so was especially pleased when I ws booked to stay here for 3 nights.
The location is fantastic and evrything was absolutely first class, ouldnt be aulted. Cant say more than that!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
RD_Bosphorus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul for your stay. It is nice to hear that you liked our location in chic Ortaköy District, where our guests can enjoy the city in the day and night with nice bars, restaurants and clubs on the shores of the Bosphorus while experiencing the city in a trendy way. Yes I Can! service concept is our company's mission and a way of life which guides us to meet any challenge and identify every opportunity so thank you for admiring the service you delivered during your accommodation.

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments and we hope to welcome you here soon,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012 via mobile

First the bad news, I booked a standard room for €160 per night and you don't get a view of the Bosphorous. To get a room with a view you need to upgrade to a business class room but at €320 per night I politely declined.

The receptionist had an alternative - enjoy the view from the bar - and he had a point. The bar area is cool, with amazing views of the Bosphorous and the bridge that crosses to the Asian side. I ate at the bar, the menu was limited but I can recommend the ravioli.

The room was small but clean. My view was a wall and if I was staying longer I would have changed it.

The hotel boasts a Hamman (Turkish Bath). I had a Hamman and a massage and whilst I can recommend it I thought it was a bit expensive at 230 lira. If you have more time or are organized you should go to one of the original hamman's in town - Cagaloglu Hamami looks particularly good - www.cagalogluhamami.com.tr

The gym was adequate and breakfast was the usual Radisson level.

The hotel is not in the centre but 3 miles away from the old town. However I really liked the location. Right on the river - you can walk to some very nice bars and restaurants and the centre is only a quick cab ride away.

Overall a good choice but just make sure you are happy with the location.

• Stayed January 2012
RD_Bosphorus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

It is fabulous that you enjoyed your stay and the location! Our hotel has many room types with different price categories. We also have Superior Bosphorus Room category with a partial sea view but it seems that since all the rooms are sold out on your stay dates, our team offered you a Business Class Room with extra amenities and Bosphorus view with a higher price. But I would like to admit that our Cruise Lounge Bar also had a fantastic panoramic Bosphorus view including Bosphorus Bridge and have a delicious snack and beverages menu to double up the fun. We hope you also tried our Starboard Restaurant near the Bosphorus with Chef’s specialties and a wide variety of beverage options. Also it is nice to hear that you tried other services as Hammam and massage to relax on your Istanbul visit.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon,

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

The hotel has a really lovely location on the Bosphorous. It has a beautiful outdoor terrace which I would imagine in the summer is gorgeous. The rooms are really nice and state of the art. I had a room overlooking the Bosphorous which are sold at a premium (50 Euros supplement per night). The rooms not overlooking the Bophorous have views over the adjacent streets. I didn't actually make use of the facilities, but the hotel does have a nice spa. The main restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner was fine. Bar prices are expensive, but that seems to be the norm all over the world. Free WIFI which always gets a thumbs up from me!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

To begin with, thank you for choosing our property during your business trip in Istanbul and nice to hear that you are happy with your recent stay. Our hotel is modern decorated and designed to meet the guests’ expectations for a comfortable yet elegant stay. Long committed to being among the first to anticipate the needs of the busy traveller, Radisson Blu brand has been offering Free high-speed Internet access to all guests who stay in Radisson Blu Hotels & Resorts as a part of E@sy Connect service concept. It is nice to hear that you loved this service.

We have Superior Bosphorus rooms which we sell with a certain price difference than Standard Room, have partial view of the Bosphorus. Our Suite types are also available in our property, with panoramic view.

Our Starboard Restaurant has a menu with special items to meet the expectations of both domestic & international traveller. Also “Super Breakfast” is an extensive buffet featuring a range of food items as being the most important meal of the day.

Lastly I would like to make sure that our Cruise Lounge Terrace is amazing in summer season with a shining sun over the Bosphorus and panoramic views of glittering sea! We will be happy to welcome you again at our hotel and also in summer to live the Bosphorus in a different way.

Kitcat22
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

The only thing about this hotel that I didn't love is the fact that it's right on the Bosphorus instead of the historic old city. I don't know which room rates include the breakfast buffet, but hopefully yours will. They do a fine job covering cuisines suited to their international clientele as well as the traditional Turkish breakfast.
Convenient to public transportation, though local taxis are quite affordable.

Room Tip: The bridge view is quite nice if you opt for a room on that side.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It is great to hear that you loved your stay at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul and thank you for your kind comments. As you have mentioned, our hotel is located on the shores of Bosphorus in Ortaköy, in a trendy district, with magnificent views still we are close to Old City. Our location is unique as hotel is near to all chic shopping areas, entertainment facilities and business districts at all. And there are many means of transportations available to discover the city.

Also thank you for your comments on the dining menus they are all prepared by our award winning Executive Chef who is also Turkish National Culinary Team Captain with a balance of international cuisine as well as the Turkish kitchen specialties. One of the signatures of Radisson Blu brand, “super breakfast” offers guests a variety of choices to make sure that our guests have a fresh start for the long day and influences of the country traditions.

Again, thank you for your comments and we will be waiting to welcome you at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul soon.

Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

This is one of the best options to stay on the Bosphorus without spending huge money for hotels like Ciragan or FourSeasons.
Its not located in the touristic historical peninsula but in the heart of Ortakoy, a popular district for locals.

The standard rooms where smaller than I expected. My rooms had a particular sea view which is the best thing of this property. The furniture and the decoration was not more than a Novotel but anyhow I enjoyed it.
I would definetly stayed there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for your nice comments on your recent stay at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul. I am very pleased to hear that you loved our perfect location. We are the closest 5 star chain hotel in Ortaköy with many entertainment facilities and amazing views. Exuding a chic, understated style, our hotel rooms were designed by the renowned interiors guru, Sinan Kafadar. Blending elegant touches with trendy, modern designs, Standard Rooms at our hotel offer guests a privileged experience. These rooms have complimentary amenities including high-speed, wireless Internet access, entrance to the Wellness and Beauty Centre, hotel parking and bottled water with an approximate size of 28 m2 so it is good that you also enjoyed your room.

We will be looking forward to welcome you in near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

This has been my 3rd visit to Istanbul. Twice I stayed in the Teksim area. This time I decided something different; to stay at Ortakoy.

This area is bang on the Bosphorus. The only other 2 hotels besides this one are the Four Seasons and Cigran Palace. Both of these are upwards of 400 euros a night. Radisson is half the price and pretty damn good. It is located in a small alley at the end of Cigran Palace.

I had booked online and got a rate of 195 euros for a standard partial sea view room. The room is decent size. The sea view is also pretty decent although not direct but at an angle. Comfortable bed and a really powerful shower. The room is pretty good not to warrant an upgrade to the next category. The hotel also has free wifi. The food and drinks are expensive in the hotel.

The area is pretty lively (although nothing compared to Teksim). Within a 3 minute walk there are about 15-20 bars and cafes where you can eat and drink and also have a turkish water pipe (nargile). A lot of these are on the sea front with a great view.

I checked out and to catch my flight but did not get a ticket that day so came back to the hotel. While the hotel looked empty they conveniently had no standard rooms available and the desk pushed a business class room on me. I did get a bit of a discount on that room type but it was clear that the person at check in new I needed the room and was pushing me a higher revenue room. This was unprofessional. The rate did include breakfast.

The business class room was bigger. I had one on the 5th floor and here you had a direct view of the Bosphorus from one side of windows and an angled view from the other. It was a bit bigger in size. Everything else was almost the same as the standard room. The breakfast in the morning was nice.

I personally like Ortakoy a lot more than the hustle bustle of Teksim or Sultanahmet and I love the sea view. So I will repeat the hotel in future. And for 195 euros its not a bad deal.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

To begin with, thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul. I am pleased that you loved the location and also your room with its decoration and the view. As you have mentioned, our hotel is located in Ortaköy, a trendy location on the shores of Bosphorus with many entertainment facilities around the hotel.

I would like to also comment on your second reservation shortly. Our employees at the hotel are responsible from checking the room availability from the system and offering the guests the room categories available to ask their preference. Because we have only 120 rooms and have many room categories, it is always a possibility that some room categories sold out according to the high demand.

I am very pleased that you will be staying with us on your next visit to the city and we will be looking forward for your next stay!

Sonja Divé-Dahl

Been to Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul? Share your experiences!