“Warm welcome, central location & excellent value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Lavanta Hotel
Istiklal Cad. Suslu Saksi Sokak No: 17 | Taksim, Istanbul 34435, Turkey   |
Ranked #317 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
Wellington, New Zealand
“Warm welcome, central location & excellent value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Delicious buffet breakfast (everything from fresh cheese to Turkish cookies), rain shower (RAIN SHOWER!), crisp sheets and fluffy pillows in a location that can't be beat - 5 minutes walk from Taksim Square (easy to get to/from airport), 2 minutes from İstiklal Avenue (Istanbul's main shopping street), and artsy Cihangir district an easy stroll. I arrived from a long day of travel and transit, and the welcome was warm and helpful - courteous and genuinely friendly English-speaking staff on morning and evening shifts were happy to help me locate a hard-to-find travel agency and look after my bags after check-out. My room was very compact but extremely well designed to make the most of space. It felt like a much, much fancier hotel than what I was paying for. Lively area with cafes and restaurants on the street below, but you'll be at the heart of the action.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Madlen B, Owner at Lavanta Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you so much, i am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! All the best and take care,
Madlen

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The location of.the hotel is amazing.it's about.100 meters from istiklal street. If you are going.for shopping on a budget it's really nice hotel. If we are talking about the staff they are simply amazing and helpful.the rooms are clean. The negative things is that the rooms are so small and there's no lobby in the hotel. About the breakfast I didn't try it because I don't like the turkish food. When leaving the hotel I forgot my glacess when I mail the hotel I was surprised that they kept them for me. In general the hotel is very good

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Madlen B, Owner at Lavanta Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us it was a pleasure having you as our guest.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

....where I spent 5 nights .. & have little if anything negative to say about the experience. If there's anything to criticise it might be the size of the room (I was alone in a double room) & the en suite but I suspect almost any boutique hotel in Istanbul will be a little 'compact'. Otherwise, the effort to be pleasant & accomodating was very obvious throughout, Madlen is a really lovely & very helpful host, from booking through to checking out. Buffet style breakfast - included in the price - was very good with a variety which surely has something for everyone's taste. My room was cleaned every day without my requesting it, everything is clean, the bed was really nice to sleep in, everything works!
In short Lavanta is great value for your €$£'s, & as of my time there, had a 'family-run' feel to it (don't know if it is) in the most positive sense of the term, the staff are friendly & seem very genuine in their helpful treatment of all my requests.
I would not only stay here again without hesitation but would recommend you do too.
For anyone who doesn't know the city - & I certainly didn't prior to this trip - Beyoglu is as described, furious & theming, but don't let that dissuade you, it all happens calmly somehow, & the end of Istiklal which is opposite to the Taxim Sq. end was for me at least, far more interesting & worth your time.. when you're not over in Sultanahmet or elsewhere..
I loved Istanbul & that was in no small part due to having my too-short base at the Lavanta. Thank you Madlen & your staff ! To your continued success - James/

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Madlen B, Owner at Lavanta Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
James it was an absolute pleasure having you as our guest. And yes, we are a family run hotel! We take a lot of pride in that. Thank you for all of your kind feedback. I hope you will choose to stay with us again.

All the best,
Madlen
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have never written a review about a hotel before but I never found one with such great value so I had to register and review. That's the least I can do for a hotel that made my stay so memorable and had such outstanding service. The location was terrific, the hospitality was like staying at your friends place warm and welcoming. Besides that the rooms are modern, clean and stylish. If I could give them more than 5 points, I would. Thank you for everything Lavanta Team, I hope to be back soon!

Viola

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Madlen B, Owner at Lavanta Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Viola I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and want to thank you for all of your kind words. They are very much appreciated! All the best, Madlen
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

First and foremost, I was impressed with this place. I wasn't expecting to find such a great deal on short notice. I booked directly through the hotel website after my friend recommended this place, and it was definitely worth it. I was pleasantly surprised when I got there, and even more impressed at breakfast. Sacks of lavender, treats on your bed, and the sweetest staff. This hotel was extremely affordable, and right in the middle of Taksim. I will recommend this place to my friends for sure. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Madlen B, Owner at Lavanta Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Isabel, thank you so much for taking the time to review us. It was a pleasure having you as our guest!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

New building and fresh furniture middle of istiklal street and also very came and quite area! Most comfortable pillows and bed ! Cheaper than chips best for value ! If I ever go to istanbul there is gonna be my second house !there is a only problem was cleaning but I think I wasn't alone so maybe they didn't want to disturb us u can give a go for try one of the best of this standarts

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Madlen B, Owner at Lavanta Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! The privacy of our guests is very important to us, therefore we ask housekeeping not to enter rooms if the guest is still relaxing in the room or has the do not disturb card on their door. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Istanbul!
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

As export manager I am used to spent my life in 5* hotels around the world. After one week in Hilton Istanbul Hotel for business I decided to spend my week-end near Istiklal Street (the best place of Istanbul)
Choosing my hotel with only 2 criterias : Location and the price.
But what was my surprised when stayed in that hotel. I was highly surprised by the good quality/price ratio of this Hotel de Charme far above my expectation.
Good service (smily and american spoken), clean and modern designed room, near a taxi center (which actually has to be the first criteria of selection when we know the difficult infrastructure of istanbul)
Really, I invite all people who want experiencing the legendary animation of Istanbul AND at the same time the quietness of a "Hotel de Charme" to see the pics and book there. Satisfaction guarantee

A mes amis francophones, je vous conseille vivement cet hôtel, trés bien situé car proche des rues animées et surtout d'une station de taxis (ce qui est un luxe à Istanbul...), un personnel souriant et à votre disposition et enfin des chambres design et trés calmes. En toute sincerité : un trés bon ratio qualité+++/prix---

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Madlen B, Owner at Lavanta Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you at Lavanta Hotel again on your next visit to Turkey!

Been to Lavanta Hotel? Share your experiences!