“A truly old turkish atmosphere in İstanbul” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 503 Attractions in Istanbul
Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Landmarks
Kansas City, Kansas
“A truly old turkish atmosphere in İstanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Over twenty years ago my wife an İ found the Mehmet and Murat Coskun shops and on our frequent trips back to İstanbul it is one place we always look forward to revisiting. We have bought clothes, jewelry, ceramics and so many other things here which we not only enjoy in themselves but as memories of our friendship with Mehmet and Murat and now even their children. İt is a place for tourists to find interesting items to buy but also a place to rest and have wonderful conversations while listening to traditional or modernTurkish music. And now there is a cafe to enjoy tea or coffee, a Turkish toast, and a narghile if you have an hour to rest and relax. İ live in fear that some day it will be gone or replaced with more modern tourist shops. İt is a must stop for us.

Visited October 2011

• Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
“A trustworthy shop with wonderful people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

I met great people, had wonderful time there. Mehmet (The owner) welcomed me with a warm hospitality, I really enjoyed being there, drinking Çay, chatting, watching passer-by...
Though this shop is located in the middle of the tourist district (Sultanahmet area), goods are not too expensive. You can buy things like clothing, jewelries, ornaments etc... The staff kindly told me how to use or what the traditional goods means.
A very trustworthy shop! I recommend to everyone looking for Turkish souvenior :-)

seoul
“Nice little shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

I have been going to Istanbul since 1994. On my first trip there, Mehmet got me into his shop. Back then he was mainly selling carpets. I bought a few and hung out to chat. Every trip since I have to go visit this shop. It is small but has everything that a tourist needs for friends back home. It is located on a little alley between Topkapi wall and Aya Sofia. Mehmet is very friendly guy and quite honest. It is not a problem to pull up a stool and have some cai and watch the day wallow by. The scents will relax the mind, the scene will soothe the nerves.

Berkeley, California
“A small shop with everything you need to take home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

We enjoyed visiting this small shop with a tasteful selection of items from Turkey and a very gracious shop owner. We bought the few things we wanted to take home all from this store.

Lyon, France
“greatest personn to meet in istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

of course this is a great place where you have to go ! here you can find mehmet and murat, the coskun's brothers so friendly.
they are able to sale you sometinhg in their shop or just to give you an advice, an help.
I've been her for fifteen years and have never been disappointed by their friendship.
Everybody is welcome her and you could discover very rare personn and places.