“Small hotel, 5 minutes walking to Istiklal.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pera Rose Hotel

Save Saved
You added Pera Rose Hotel to your Saves list
Pera Rose Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mesrutiyet Caddesi No 87 TepebasI, Istanbul 34430, Turkey   |
Ranked #367 of 901 hotels in Istanbul
Athens, Greece
“Small hotel, 5 minutes walking to Istiklal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

Only location is good. After being to Istanbul there are others better hotels to stay with similar location. Be careful. Don't try to walk to the hotel from istiklal after 23:00 because there no people at all.

• Stayed June 2011
PeraTulipHotel, Front Office Manager at Pera Rose Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear Sir/ Madame,

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear that you didn't like to go out on 23:00. Area is safe.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.
Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Stayed there between 16-22 January 2012 with my family. The location is perfect, a few min. walk from the amazing Istiklal Caddesi. Its a busy street so there is a bit noise, however, thats a part of its charm.

The rooms are good, the furniture are old and it has a classic pera design, The rooms could be isolated better from the cold, especially the windows, however, the staff is extremely helpfull. They changed our room without any problems when we told them about the cold.

The staff is very friendly and helpfull, always greeting you with a smile and ready to help. A special thanks to Samet for the great service he provided for us and the other guests in the restaurant.

All in all a great hotel for everyone who wants to enjoy the amazing city of Istanbul!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir /Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you had a nice and remarkable experience in our lovely hotel.
We as a team try to do our best to make your stay enjoyable.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

We stayed two nights in November 2011 on our way home after two weeks on the Turkish coast. Room was on the small size but was quite clean and had an electric kettle. Good location with easy access to the Pera Museum, Istiklal Cad. and the wonderful street full of mezze restaurants (to the right as you left the hotel). Staff was helpful with airport transfers, arriving and departing.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
PeraTulipHotel, Front Office Manager at Pera Rose Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2012

CYPRUS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

We have booked for a double room for 2 nights..Our room at 7th floor was so small, you cannot walk in the room..But bed, water, air condition, breakfast, staff was OK..The hotel place is wonderfull, easy to go Istiklal St, Galata , metro and tunnel..The main problem is NOISE!! Walls are too thin, and when you are at corridor, or when you are waiting the lift you can easily hear noises of your neighbours..I think the hotel does not deserve 4 star, 3 star suits well!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/ Madam,

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear that you had a problem from your room. Can you please send me e-mail with yuor preferencess and I will pre arrange your room.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.

Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I stayed 7 days in this hotel and I was satisfied.

I booked a single room and got a big triple room with a view at the Golden Horn. The room was very clean and the daily housekeeping was attentive and quite perfect.
There was a bottle of vine as complimentary. In the room there was everything you need: electric kettle with free tea and coffee, minibar (quite fair prices), slippers, shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer, sewing kit, nail file, tv with international programmes, etc.
The breakfast was good and varied and the staff very friendly and courteous.
In the basement of the hotel you can find a small spa with sauna, turkish bath and fitness room. You can also use the spa area at Tulip Hotel (some meters away from Pera Rose) which have sauna, turkish bath, a bigger fitness room, swimming pool and a whirlpool. They offer different massages (fair prices).
The hotel is located in an area with lots of bars, restaurants and clubs. It's quite loud on weekends. So if you are sensitive, don't forget earplugs or stay awake and celebrate together with the people on the street.

Now some minus points:
At the check-in they told me they will block 1 night at the credit card as deposit but they blocked more than the total amount. A bit strange, I think.
Internet was free but in need of improvement (sometimes not working or slow).
Every day to every 2 days, I had problems with the key card system. This was a bit annoying and I wasn't the only guest who had this problem.

All in all I was happy to stay in this hotel and would come again and recommend it. You get a good value for your money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

We as a team try to do our best to make your stay enjoyable.

We will take care of your mentioned thigs such as key kards.

Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

The Pera Rose has a great staff, large, tasty breakfasts, and very good coffee (a must in my book). It is also clean. We stayed here for 3 nights in November as part of a tour and my husband and I had an exterior room (facing the back alley) and our kids had an interior room facing a courtyard or such. The lack of a view didn't bother me, but the nightclub that kicked off in the evening and went until 0400 was unbelievable. Our room was right above the nightclub and with earplugs, I do not exaggerate when I say that the noise was so bad we did not sleep for 2 nights until we got moved to a higher floor on the 3rd night. The staff was very kind and moved us to a higher floor and better room, but it was amazing because it still overlooked the back alley (thus over the nightclub) and we still wore earplugs to sleep! We're pretty laid back when we travel, but sleep is a must, so my recommendation is that if you stay there, MAKE SURE you do not get a room over the nightclub, especially if you have children. At the end of the day, I would stay there again, but I would make sure that specified where I wanted my room to be.

Room Tip: Unless you're a hard partygoer, don't get the rooms above the nightclub!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
PeraTulipHotel, Front Office Manager at Pera Rose Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you had a voice problem from surrounding restaurants during your stay.

Our hotel is at the city center and most of the guests like the area near to lively Taksim.

Can you please send us e-mail and we will be glad to give you a room from quiet part of the hotel.

Abdullah Mutlu
fom@peratulip.com
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

stayed at this hotel on 11th november - 15th november..
I would definatly stay there again. The staff have exellent customer service
Ibrahim @ front desk and mustafa in the resturant.
The rooms are clean, flat screen tv .. with mini bar
the location is about 10 min walk to taksim square
there are many local shops near by and your in the heart of the night life
Breakfast is good but I would suggest to the hotel that they should have a chef who will make ommlets, fried eggs or poached eggs etc .. as when I asked in the morning the waiter told me no. otherwise the breakfast is nice .. there is cereal, juice, toast, cheeses etc...
there is a spa down strairs but it gets very warm there should be air conditioning in the gym area as it got too hot while I was working out.
there is a steam room and sauana.. which was kept very clean.
definatly stay there again ..Thank you pera rose

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Pera Rose Hotel and had a fabulous time at Istanbul.

I am glad to hear your comments and compliments about our employees as well.

We are trying our best to make your stay remarkable.

Thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcoming back you soon.

fom@peratulip.com

Been to Pera Rose Hotel? Share your experiences!