“Excellent hotel in Sultanamet, Istanbul” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sumengen Hotel

You added Sumengen Hotel to your Saves list
Sumengen Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mimar Mehmet Aga Caddesi Amiral Tafdil Sokak No.9, Istanbul 34100, Turkey   |
Ranked #202 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
“Excellent hotel in Sultanamet, Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed our last two nights in Istanbul at this charming hotel in Sultanamet, close to the Arastas Bazaar. Our room was lovely, on the 6th floor, with a jacuzzi tub. The roof views are almost 360 degrees and are beautiful. The staff was very helpful, even stored a bag of ours for 12 days. The only thing that wasn't quite up to par with the rest of the hotel was the breakfast. After 18 nights in Turkey experiencing many breakfasts, we felt that for the price of the hotel, the breakfast could have been a little better. But we still highly recommend the Sumengen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ibrahim G, General Manager at Sumengen Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a very good stay with us and you appreciate your experience.
I have also shared your very kind comments with my staff in order to make all our colleagues pleased about your feedback.
We are looking forward to seeing you at our hotel again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Although short (1 night) yet it was really exciting to stay at Sumegen Hotel: the friendliness of the staff, the cozy atmosphere, the nearness to splendid historical landmarks, and the quick on-spot upgrade we enjoyed at the moment we entered the hotel gave us a very exciting and coformable feeling that lasted & will last until we make our next visit to Sumengen Hotel, Istanbul.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Exclusive staff hospitality and friendliness make your stay extremely pleasant in this comfortable and well-positioned hotel! We kept our promise made last February to stay there again this year, because Ibrahim himself and the whole staff deserve to have many, many real friends from all over!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a magnificent view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ibrahim G, General Manager at Sumengen Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Pittsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

A travel advisor recommended the Sumengen Hotel to my wife: great location, very nice hotel and great value. We were advised that the "special room" with the hot tub and view of the water was worth the extra money(see photo). It definately was. The location is very nice and walking distance to the major sites as well as good shopping(see Google Earth photo). Walking distance is very important in this area as traffic often doesn't move. A Taxi driver actually suggested that we get out of the cab and walk the rest of the way back to the Hotel. We did and had fun shopping. I especially appreciated the very nice breakfast in the Hotel: I was very surprised how nice it was; it was a great way to start the day. If we get a chance to back to Instanbul, we won't even think about where to stay, we will try to get this room again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I had a lovely stay at Sumengen Hotel. The hotel is cute and in a great location! Breakfast on the rooftop has a nice view. The hospitality was also exceptional. I'd for sure stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012
Kusadasi, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Our first visit to Istanbul we spend a 3-night stay at Sumengen and it was the best accommodation decision we made. Sumengen has a very welcoming approach and is situated walking distance to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar, tram line stop, City Windows Hop-on-hop-off pick-up point and many other lovely places of intrest, cafes and restaurants.
The staff were very helpful and friendly and we enjoyed a good breakfast every morning overlooking the Marmara Sea. The bedroom was very clean and welcoming with it's Ottoman style interior and so was the rest of the Hotel.
We would definitely recommend Hotel Sumengen! Thanks to all the staff for making our stay a very memorable one.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor room 205 - no seaview.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

New Years in Istanbul 2013... The Sumengen is comfortable and, in very good location. The staff are very helpful, my English only was no problem here.Turkish Breakfast on the terrace, overlooking the sea was the nicest way to begin my day. Memorable! I would recommend this hotel.
Thanks to Arslan for being so helpful to me!
Hope see you again
Thanks to all staff at The Sumengen!

Room Tip: From my rooms on the 6th floor you could hear the dishes from the kitchen... I slept well and this s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We are looking forward to seeing you at our hotel again in the near future.

Been to Sumengen Hotel? Share your experiences!