“Huge rooms clean and well decorated” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TAV Airport Hotel

You added TAV Airport Hotel to your Saves list
TAV Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ataturk Havalimani Yesilkoy, Bakirkoy, Istanbul 34831, Turkey   |
Ranked #434 of 981 Hotels in Istanbul
“Huge rooms clean and well decorated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Big rooms clean white lines with modern style. Very nice ambient with good service. Ideal to rest in aeroport night. You will enjoy!!!! I loved....

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Turkish first
Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Only comfort room, clean, mini bar, TV, but to expensive...stay 3-6 hours - 135.00 eur.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

My husband and I returned home separately from Beirut with an overnight in Istanbul. We were both so pleased to have a bit of time to rest our weary heads before enduring the long flight home. We were picked up within ten minutes after arrival (immediately telephone access to hotel at pick-up site). The hotel is perfectly clean, perfectly comfortable and almost perfectly efficient. I had a five a.m. flight and left a 2:00 a.m. wake up call, which I did not get until 3:30 a.m. In a whirlwind I made it to the gate at 4:30 a.m. I strongly suggest not trusting verbal communication. Write down your essential time needs. Something was lost in translation. Yet, I would unhestatingly use this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Little Sutton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I stayed here twice this week the first night was after a long delay, the restaurant serves food till 11.30 pm which is handy after a shapooh day.
The staff are friendly and helpful, ringing the ferry company to check my onward journey was ok.
The restaurant looks out over gate 220 and 221 so you get to see the organised chaos of the planes coming in and out, the Efes beer is 11 TLR a bottle which is just under £5 a bottle!
Breakfast is a buffet style with plenty of choice, and my favorite the honey still in the wooden frame.
Expensive?? well had 2 course dinner and 3 bottles of beer and the night stay was around 330 TLR a night which is £130 ish

Room Tip: I had a non smoking room, but could hear the clicky clack of shoes on the second stay, perhaps was u...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hamburg, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I´ve stayed in this hotel very often but since 2008 the staff is becoming very rude to the hotel guests. I like this hotel because it is very convenient specially for transit passangers but now I will look for another hotel. The last time I´ve been there was 3 weeks ago and the reception was so cold and unfriendly I felt like an unwelcome guest. I even asked if there is any problem and they didn´t even answer my question. By checking out the same situation and the receptionist gave me no invoice and treated me as I wasn´t there, I was so upset and under stress, I was as nervous as I checked in and I wanted to relax and enjoy my stay there. This kind of treatment made change my mind and stay in another hotel next time. By all the comfort I want to be treated with respect. This hotel must learn that "to be friendly" is also a part of the service.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel if you want to be treated with respect specially if you are european.
Bodrum
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I really like this hotel. It has a clean, welcoming feel about it and the rooms are extremely spacious. Access is easy by calling on a direct line for their minibus just outside the terminal exit, or by walking through the underground connection via the Metro station. Transit passengers also have access to the hotel from the transit lounge.

At 135 Euro per night for a double, it's expensive, but then again, so is staying elsewhere in Istanbul, without the worry of transportation in this bustling city. The breakfast buffet is outstanding, and in my most recent stay, included smoked veal tongue, lentil soup, camenbert and gouda cheeses, eggs made to order, grilled tomatoes with cheddar and an amazing variety of jams, juices and spreads. All of this was also extremely elegantly presented, with individual porcelain coffee pots brought to the table.

When I requested internet access (for my iphone), a laptop was delivered to the room, and reception was happy to do our flight check in from the front desk.

Bear in mind that the old wing (without windows) is/was the smoking section but has excellent artificial lighting where the windows would normally and the lighting can be adjusted depending on one's body clock. The new wing is completely non-smoking, and has a very modern decor, including orthopedic pillows, flat screen TV, parquet floors, ultra light comforters, see-through minibar, and complimentary coffee and tea. I was not able to adjust the thermostat (it was far too warm) but do not fault the hotel as I fell asleep before asking for assistance. I did receive an unsolicited wake up call which I wasn't happy about but these things happen.

Given the cost of boutique hotels in Sultanahmet,and the very easy access from TAV via public transportation to all of Istanbul, I would choose to stay here again even with the price tag.

Room Tip: Discern between the original wing (no windows but adjustable lighting) and the new wing (windows ove...
Charlestown, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

The staff is great and it can't be beat for convenience; just exit the airport turn right and walk around the corner. The rooms are always very clean and comfortable. Free WIFI...

Half the rooms do not have windows. I would not stay here more than one night because you can do better a little farther away from the airport. Also, the breakfast is always a little lack laster. The only good thing is that it is attached to the airport so it is super easy for layovers. Although, they do not take my points card and may travel the extra mile next time to the Renaissance for the points.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to TAV Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!