“Nice hotel and very friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alibaba Suite

You added Alibaba Suite to your Saves list
Alibaba Suite
Sultanahmet Mahallesi Akbiyik Caddesi No:74 Sultanahmet Fatih Istanbul | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34100, Turkey   |
Ranked #320 of 828 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Nice hotel and very friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Though that my stay was short, only for 2 days, but with the help of (Bunyamin) my stay was very nice in Istanbul, he could arrange me the night cruise and the full day old city tour at a very reasonable price, and the best thing is that you dont even have to pay before having the wonderful experience.

The Hotel it self is nice, the location is wonderful, the price, compared with the time when I was there (10-12 May) was excellent, my room had a see view over Marmara sea, and the most important is that the staff are very friendly and they become like your friends (actually Bunyamin became like brother for me)... I really enjoyed it.

Next to the hotel a lot of activities like Marmara cafe, where they serve nice Shisha and Suhlup...

Good luck travelers...

Room Tip: Room 4 ... sea view.....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bamberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

At first we really want to thank the very friendly and caring hotel team as they were always at help with finding some beautiful spots to visit, romantic places to see at night or other details of Istanbul life! The hotel is not too big (4 guest rooms) and 2 of them had a marvellous view onto the Bosphorus. One room of them has a great terrace where you can have even a late breakfast ;-)
The place of the hotel is ideal as it takes only 5 minutes to Blue Mosque/ Hagia Sophia while the "Muezzin call" at night is rather quiet (it's at 5 a.m.). There is also a kitchen were you always can have some free tea or cook for yourself.

Room Tip: Take the southward rooms with view onto the Bosphorus or even the one with the terrace for enjoying...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
bunyamin o, Owner at Alibaba Suite, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Kind regards,
Bunyamin OZKAPLAN
Owner of the Hotel
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I truly enjoyed our four days at the Ali Baba Suites. The location is perfect, within walking distance of all the major sites yet amazingly quiet. The room was simple but clean, spacious and full of light. We had a private bath and terrace with a view of the Bosphorus Strait. We appreciated the seaview breakfasts at the coffeeshop next door and the very helpful staff. The Manager kept us well supplied with apple tea, tourist information, bookings for dinner and the turkish baths as well as all of our transportation needs. It is not the Ritz, but it is a great place to stay and an excellent value.

Room Tip: Book early and ask for a room with a terrace or patio.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The hotel is worth much more than the price you pay! It is a really nice hotel on one of the best locations in istanbull, just few minutes walk from the blue mosque... Also the owner is really really helpfull and willing to give you advice.
Bathroom little small but nice shower!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
bunyamin o, Owner at Alibaba Suite, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
My Dear Guest,

Kind regards,

Bunyamin OZKAPLAN
Owner of the Hotel
Brno, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Location, close to the old city attractions but in a relatively quiet location. Nice cosy hotel, location was good for the tourist sites (Hagia Sophia , Sultanahmet Hippodrome and Turkish Islamic Art Museum Topkapi Palace ). Rooms were clean and of good size, clean bathrooms with shower screen and room cleaned daily . Breakfast was great especially having them in the their Marmara Café with great views of the Marmara Café Good bathroom, . Very pleasant and helpful staff, As we entered lobby reception greeted us.I was shocked because he was a pleasure and even spoke a bit of english .He made our stay very welcomed.Benyamin even gave us tourist information and provided us with what we needed to enjoy our first trip to another country Apple tea and Turkish delight Bunyamin offered my daughter was greatly appreciated and very welcomed. Our overall stay was the best we ever had Thanks to Bunyamin for helping us.. arranged pick up at the airport, even taking us to a laggaue shop to help us to buy a new laggue as it has been lost at the airport.
You won't be upset with your decision to Alibaba Suite - it was really great! Highly Recommended!

Room Tip: Ask Bunyamin and he helps you!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Alibaba Suite is located at a quite street very close to Hagia Sofia and the Sultanahmet Mosque.Location is perfect, five minutes walking distance from the most popular historical buildings in Sultanhamet, from the seaside, etc The employees at the reception were exceptionally polite and they could speak english rather fluently. Owner-Manager Bunyamin of the hotel was also very helpful when we asked him to make a reservation change. The room was cosy and was being cleaned every morning. The breakfast is served in Marmara cafe with great Marmara sea view. I would suggest this hotel with no second thought!They are really like a family and the hotel is like staying at home - with my room lovely balcony used for breakfast. Breakfast is really good, good variety and the view is second to none. Perfect beginning of your day! My room was spacious, clean, comfortable, quite with all the necessary amenities. Great tea selection! A bit like home away from home.
Highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Camós, Catalonia, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at the Alibaba Suite for a total of 5nights and I can't say enough good things about my stay here. I am a woman traveling alone for the first time in this country and I couldn't have felt any more at home here. Bunyamin was an excellent host; always checking up on me to see if everything was alright. His staff is excellent, friendly and courteous. Everything was very clean, comfortable and in the heart of everything there is to do and see in the Sultanahmet area. The cost is extremely reasonable but more important is the way you are made to feel, like family. I was picked up at the airport and dropped off upon my departure, all to no cost to me. Bunyamin was amazing and if i go to Istanbul again this is where I will stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Alibaba Suite? Share your experiences!