“Best Place to stay in Istanbul” 5 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 9 sites
Save Saved
You added Inncity Hotel Nisantasi to your Saves list
Inncity Hotel Nisantasi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Halaskargazi Mh. Dershane Sk. No: 20 | Sisli, Istanbul 34371, Turkey   |
Ranked #62 of 924 Hotels in Istanbul
“Best Place to stay in Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My friends and I stumbled upon this place driving desperately to find a place to sleep at 1 in the morning. They took us in and not only gave as an amazing rate for a room that is comparable to a Hilton, but helped us plan our day in the city while watching our car for the whole day well after check out time. Will be back for sure!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was a pleasant surprise in Nişantaşı neighborhood of Istanbul. Highlights include friendly staff, decent rooms, a yummy breakfast, and a good location for exploring nearby happening Taksim. I believe that it markets itself as a business hotel.

Its not the easiest to spot hotel - its on a smaller side alley road, next to a Korean BBQ chicken place(!). I asked several locals if they knew where it was, and nobody did... One guy had to call and ask for specific directions to kindly help me out. Other than that, the location isn't too bad. Its about a 5 min walk south to the hotel from Osmanbey subway station. Note that if you are in Istanbul to explore the main tourist spots (Aya Sofya, Blue Mosque, etc) in Sultanahmet, this neighborhood is quite far north of that area. Getting there from here entails several subway/tram transfers. On the plus side, its not that far from the shopping and nightlife of Taksim (1 subway stop away). In the immediate area, there are a fair amount of restaurants and small shops.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, and speaks English fairly well. They seemed knowledgeable about the neighborhood. There is a decent amount of free tourism literature in the lobby, but some of it, like the subway/tram map, is outdated... Check-in was problem-free.

My room was a decent size and had a fair amount of furnishings, and the bed was clean and comfortable. The TV had several English language channels. The free Wifi was occasionally a bit slow, and every once in a while didn't seem to work very well - it went down one of the days I was there, but it was later brought back. The bathroom was fairly spacious, and was alright overall. The housekeeping seemed satisfactory.

The included Turkish breakfast is nearly the same everyday... but it is very delicious! Service here is attentive as well.

On the 2nd floor there are several desktop PCs and a useful printer with net access... But for several of the days I was there, the internet was not working properly on them.

I had no problems checking out. Overall there are a number of areas that could use improvement, but its still a very good hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Jordan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

When we first arrived at the hotel I was a bit discouraged from how small the lobby looked it was very compact. But from the minute we arrived we loved the warm welcome we received. Then when we were taken to our delux room we were really disappointed of the small size of the room as we were a family of 2 adults and 2 young babies we had to upgrade and our only choice was the suite we were offered a good rate by the hotel for the 10 nights we booked and were offered a complimentary additional bed to our 3 year old and of course another crib. The size of the suite was really good and it was very clean and the bed mattress really comforting. The breakfast was the same everyday but it was good quality and delicious. The staff of the hotel make all the difference really kind and helpful. The location superb 2 minutes walk to Osmanbey metro station 5 minutes walk to Vali Konagi street in Nisantasi and 15 minutes walk to taskim. I don't recommend this hotel to families with children because the rooms are small but it's a very lovely place for couples

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Firstly I have to say I loved everything about this hotel. The hotel and rooms are kept clean and tidy at all times. The hotel is very contemporary and the staff is very welcoming and helpful. I love that this hotel is only 5mins walk to the centre of Nisantasi where all the brilliant cafes/bars and retail stores are located. Don't bother searching for other hotels as this hotel is all you need.. need to say more :)) you can't say much about a great hotel

• Stayed June 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The moment I walked in this hotel I saw the very warm welcoming. I searched many places and this was one of the only hotels that made me feel home. Especially having the staff to speak English alongside with the native language. This hotel is a beautiful boutique type and very modern in the heart of famous Nisantasi. It is only a few mins away from the metro, taxi and shopping malls. There are also very lovely restaurants near by for morning breakfast/lunch/dinners.
I have to say that I have thumbs up for the cleanness of the hotel overall. I really appreciated all the service and will visit again for sure. I have recommended the hotel to many of my friends here in Dubai already. I have absolutely no hesitation to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Tonsberg, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel is good located in a quiet street only 10 minutes walking from the Istanbul congress center, about 15 minutes walking to the Taksim square and 20 minutes from the Bosporus. It has a very friendly staff, and nice, modern and clean rooms equipped with a waterboiler and a roomsafe.
It was a somewhat sparse breakfast buffet, but enough to get an ok starting meal of the day.
When leaving for the airport, I managed to forget my wallet at the hotelroom. When calling the hotelmanager he was very pleasant and helpful, and the wallet was sendt by taxi immediately, without any problems.
I would very much like to og back to this hotel another time, on a business trip, but also together with my family on a vacation to this exciting city.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Location is good in terms of being near the metro, however it is further out from a lot of the tourist destinations in the old city part of Istanbul. But we really liked the location as we enjoyed being in the Nisantasi area, there's lots of "hip and modern" eateries in that area and all the luxury shops are just nearby. We also like to walk around cities as it lets us see what the city is really like. There is also lots of convenience stores around the area within a 5 mins walk to pick up snacks and water.

Took a taxi to and from the airport, costs roughly 50 TYR and will take anywhere between 30-60 mins depending on the traffic. Make sure you have a print out of the hotel address etc as not all the taxi drivers know where it is.

There is a cat park just nearby the hotel, the locals really look after the "street" cats in that area. Just be wary of some of the drug addicts in that park (can't miss them with their paper bags), they may come ask you for money. There are also lots of street kids who ask you for money, the locals recommend you to only give them 1-2 Lira but you can also say no and they will walk away. Otherwise we had no issues and didn't feel unsafe in Istanbul.

Hotel is quite new and on the smaller side, there are only 4 rooms per floor. Our hotel room was very large (one of the largest we've had throughout Europe). Bathroom was very large with a large long shower and also has a bidet for those of you who like that. Bed was very comfortable and easy to fall asleep in. We couldn't change the temperature on our air con while we were there which was a little annoying as it was very warm. We had to open our doors but Istanbul is so traffic heavy it was quite loud and hard to sleep. Couldn't hear anything from the outside except for emergency vehicles when the glass doors were shut.

Large new TV with only the usual english news channels. We had no problems with wi-fi it was fast and no drop out. Room was always cleaned really well towards the end of the day.

We had breakfast a couple of times, it is decent but we much preferred to go to the Nisantasi area and have breakfast at the cafes there.

Reception and breakfast staff all speak some level of english, the housekeeping staff don't speak any. The staff were really friendly and helpful, we did find one lady really pushy about booking for us a restaurant for dinner.

TIP:
If you are going to take the metro everywhere, suggest you get their metro card as the fare is cheaper on the card than if you buy a tourist pass (though I have found all over the world tourist transport cards to ALWAYS be more expensive).
You can buy the card (10 Lira) just near the metro entrance on the opposite side of the road at the booth near the escalators, go to the small window and ask for a card from there.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Inncity Hotel Nisantasi? Share your experiences!